LF profession suggestions for alt stats bonus

90 Worgen Druid
Hi, basically I'm looking for the easiest professions to power level up for my alt priest once he gets level 90. I want the bonus prof stats (~320 extra from most of them) but I want to try and put as little money and time into it as neccessary. I'm sure others are doing this for thier alts with little care in what prof they actually take.
Edited by Stratis on 12/4/2012 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
alch and inscription are usually by far the cheapest.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks for the reply. Could anyone else confirm this or have a different opinion?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Depends if you've been working on the professions as you go or not, but Inscription and Alchemy are solid choices.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Nothing wrong with the herbalism/skinning bonuses if it's an alt and you don't want to pour a lot of resources into them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What are you going to do with the alt?

If you're not going to be progression raiding, even the bonuses from gathering professions are just fine, and outside of the time needed, they are "free" to level.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
As for alchemy, isn't there a really painful goldthorn bottleneck at some point early on?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It's not really that painful. Even if goldthorn is 20g each on your server it is still only 700-800g for that part.

Tailoring needs 800+ silk cloth lol.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Any thoughts on how enchanting is? You could farm mats during expensive stretches.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Enchanting is almost as cheap as Herb/Alch now. You don't need to make rods any more which takes a lot of the expense out. You need to hunt around a bit to get the cheap recipes to avoid needing to use Illusion Dust/Eternal Essence though.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/07/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Hoimen
You need to hunt around a bit to get the cheap recipes to avoid needing to use Illusion Dust/Eternal Essence though.

That part's easy now. Ask a friend to join your party on an enchanter, then go clean out Naxx. AOE loot and auto DE the greens, DE boss drops, and have the friend shatter the abyss crystals for you after you're done.

I don't think he even has to come into the instance to use auto-DE, though I could be wrong about that.
Edited by Keeblik on 12/7/2012 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Unless I'm mistaken, Naxx is level 80 now, you can't get illusion dust from it :)

In any case, it's much easier to just buy the recipe for Fortitude to boots and shield and use those all the way to 300. Dream dust is like 1g each.
Edited by Hoimen on 12/8/2012 5:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Oh...illusion dust. I was thinking of inifinite dust. You could do the same sort of thing in BRS, I guess. But only with greens. No nexus shatter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]