suggestion for invocation talent

90 Troll Mage
Since the suggestion forum is gone and the invocation change didn't go through I have a suggestion that would be less game changing than the one where invocation was active whenever you were at full mana...

Simply make it stay active after channeling an evocation when you are out of combat. As soon as you are in combat it starts ticking down.

This would work great for farming too, you would still have to channel it after getting in combat but you could go between mobs after a channel with no worry about having to channel it again and again until you reach something you need to kill (mostly intended for raiding and pre pulls where we have to rechannel a million times trying to time it with the pull).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
12/04/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Darkgrif
They could have just made it to where when you Evocate to full mana you get the buff. Just a thought.

They did. Then nixed it because 'we would stop evocating.'
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Evocating every 5 seconds seems real fun.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
12/04/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Darkgrif

They did. Then nixed it because 'we would stop evocating.'

*blinks*
*checks notes history*
*checks twitter history*

Uhm......and I thought their stance on hunters was stupid.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

You know hunter, you're not too bad.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I was disheartened when I found out the invocation change was pulled, it was one of the little things I was looking forward to in 5.1.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Well I can see why they didn't make it live, it would have made invocation the best talent by far and probably been a pretty big buff... I just think my suggestion would reduce annoyance while still not touching dps at all...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
anyone else have opinions on this suggestion?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Scrap the 90 Talents. Find some other way to balance us that isn't tedious maintenance crap.

We're balanced around it not being 'optimal' uptime. So for the mages that do keep it up as often as possible are doing too much damage.

That along with the combustion change pre-hotfix had Fire mages completely out of control.

This knee-jerk reaction isn't the right way to go about it though.

A lot of other classes have issues right now too....frankly I just wonder what sort of manpower they have on this game at times. They're not short of suggestions, of data coming from players. Things that people were concerned about in the friggin' Beta went live (seemingly) untested.

I've liked MoP better than most expansions. But between this pvp season, the hamfisted nerfs going out to classes (Hunters) and other things. I'm concerned that things are starting off great, but where the hell are they going with it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Im fine with Evocating every 40 secs, just let me channel it while moving. It's a real pain in heroics. Very little opportunity on MANY fights to just stand still for 5 secs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]