Looking for insight from Disc Priests

90 Night Elf Priest
12/05/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Goonhah
hpallies have beacon, glyph of flash heal and not sure if anything else.
Holy power as well

Not sure that counts as ramp up time as it's too close to their core rotation though, they can for example save it up and use it later, so wasn't sure if it was worth including.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Not actually true, rshamans need to riptide and ES for max healing, druids have to stack blooms, hpallies have beacon, glyph of flash heal and not sure if anything else.

Just making sure we don't get too biased here.

What do resto shamans need riptide for? On my shammy the only function riptide serves as is a decreased casting time for GHW/HW and crit for healing surge. Let's be honest here as well, shaman have zero problems with throughput. Having riptide/earth shield on their targets is just icing on the cake. I guess you could argue unleashed elements, but that isn't nearly as annoying as stacking grace.

Lets not forget riptide is an AMAZING heal. It is superior to renew in every way. If grace was an amazing HOT like riptide, stacking grace would be acceptable.

Druids do have to stack lifebloom, however they fixed it by making it transferable with a glyph. Lifebloom also instantly begins healing. The grace buff doesn't do anything except increase heals. MAYBE if grace stacks were transfered to other party members it would be ok, but having to build stacks on all of your teammates is a problem.

Lifebloom never falls off like grace does. The druid just has to keep it rolling and can transfer it immediately.

Holy paladins build up holy power, but that isn't restricted to any specific person. It is tied to the paladin and he can spend it wherever. Grace stacks on the TARGET. MAYBE if grace stacked on the priest instead it would be fine.

12/04/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Conspiracy
I can't comment on Grace as I am biased from tradition.

It is a tradition that needs to be removed. Buff priest heals and make shield undispellable. We are the least mobile of the healers and juggling grace is annoying.

12/04/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Conspiracy
This is the way it's supposed to be, we were built mechanically well in that design

If that is the case then almost every single other class was poorly designed. I'd rather be brokenly overpowered like the rest of the classes than a gimp fish in pond full of sharks.
Edited by Lureilyia on 12/5/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/05/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Lureilyia
What do resto shamans need riptide for? On my shammy the only function riptide serves as is a decreased casting time for GHW/HW and crit for healing surge. Let's be honest here as well, shaman have zero problems with throughput. Having riptide/earth shield on their targets is just icing on the cake. I guess you could argue unleashed elements, but that isn't nearly as annoying as stacking grace.

You were saying we were the only healer that didnt have 100% of our healing, 100% of the time. When a shaman gets out of CC or switches target or something, there is a good chance he needs to put ES up, use riptide before he can cast GHW/HS (riptide is amazing right now as I understand it mind you), and maybe unleash.

Lets not forget riptide is an AMAZING heal. It is superior to renew in every way. If grace was an amazing HOT like riptide, stacking grace would be acceptable.

You don't 'spend globals stacking grace', you just cast penance. Penance isn't amazing, but it isn't completely useless.

Druids do have to stack lifebloom, however they fixed it by making it transferable with a glyph. Lifebloom also instantly begins healing. The grace buff doesn't do anything except increase heals.

Again, the penance you use to stack grace also heals...

Holy paladins build up holy power, but that isn't restricted to any specific person. It is tied to the paladin and he can spend it wherever. Grace stacks on the TARGET. MAYBE if grace stacked on the priest instead it would be fine.

Beacon and glyph of flash of light are tied to the person.

I'm not telling you grace is fine, I'm just saying other healers are not without mechanics that give them similar ramp up times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]