Minfernal

100 Worgen Mage
Definitely tough on Sargeras, which is #3 in Alliance pop, and we're CRZ-ed with Illidan Horde, among other servers, so even if one does spawn and you get one, you're looking at PVP fights over it. Got it from a low pop server instead to save myself the headache.
Edited by Digerati on 1/4/2013 12:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Was checking almost every day. Nothing until...

I got 2 just after Christmas. 1 green, 1 poor. Nobody around. Got a poor Scourged Whelpling day after.

It was good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Got mine way out on the edge of the spawn zone, way away from when everyone else was sitting camping them. Was poor, but the fight gave me a Flawless Stone as well :)

Have yet to even see a scouged whelpling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/04/2013 12:10 AMPosted by Digerati
Definitely tough on Sargeras, which is #3 in Alliance pop, and we're CRZ-ed with Illidan Horde, among other servers, so even if one does spawn and you get one, you're looking at PVP fights over it. Got it from a low pop server instead to save myself the headache.

OUUUUCH #3 alliance and illidin.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Only seen 1, and it was a rare off the bat. Go me!

Also, scourged whelpling, I got that one easy peasy, logged in the start of 5.1, battled a poor, got an undead stone on that battle, instant rare! BOOM!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
/slits wrists looking for Minfernal.........

This thing is driving me nuts! I have camped it for weeks now and no matter what time of day there are always 5-8 other people there with me. Doesn't matter what time of the day it is.

I even camp restarts, all times of the day, etc. I have two alts that are basically useless because I won't move them until I get the darned thing.

I would settle for a Poor quality. I just want to actually see one some day.....

And darn you Tainted Rats! Quit making my heart jump.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
finally got mine, yay, 1 more pet club /dance

... buuuut it's uncommon & health breed, not that it matters cuz it's got a pretty terrible moveset either way.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Flew up to Felwood around 11pm, started killing infernals, 30 minutes later a minfernal spawned and I captured it. The semi-confirmed rumor that killling infernals helps with the spawn rate definitely worked for me. There were a couple other people camping the spot but they were just flying around...they're probably still there *lol*
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
Still waiting on my magic stone. :< Went there once after a restart and never looked back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Looking for Minfernal is like looking for Bigfoot.
It doesn't exist and everyone ridicules you for believing in it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have tried everything.
I have killed all the other "critters" in the area. I especially love killing those darn tainted rats that make me think a Minfernal is around.
I have killed the trash sitting all around the pools.
I have camped.
I have been there for server restarts.
I have logged on randomly.
I have 4 toons camping in Felwood.
I have a toon on a low pop server (although CRZ screws it up anyway).
I have danced to the rain gods.
I have sacrificied small children (ok, that one is a lie).

I just want to see one!!!!!! A real one. Not one that taunts me as I fly over and then disappears due to CRZ.

Please Blizz, grant me some sanity and at least fix the spawn timers or make this "low population" area no longer CRZ.
Felwood has now become high population with 5 to 6 different realms all in one area.
I'm a sad cow :( lol
Edited by Jagatha on 1/6/2013 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I have tried everything.
I have killed all the other "critters" in the area. I especially love killing those darn tainted rats that make me think a Minfernal is around.
I have killed the trash sitting all around the pools.
I have camped.
I have been there for server restarts.
I have logged on randomly.
I have 4 toons camping in Felwood.
I have a toon on a low pop server (although CRZ screws it up anyway).
I have danced to the rain gods.
I have sacrificied small children (ok, that one is a lie).

I just want to see one!!!!!! A real one. Not one that taunts me as I fly over and then disappears due to CRZ.

Please Blizz, grant me some sanity and at least fix the spawn timers or make this "low population" area no longer CRZ.
Felwood has now become high population with 5 to 6 different realms all in one area.
I'm a sad cow :( lol

Same and all the other rare pet areas (jade ozzling, scourged whelping, nordrassil, etc.).

It really is just depressing to sit there and camp for hours and never, ever, see one of these rare pets and just sit there with numerous other people waiting for the same damn thing you are.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Hmm; I always thought Blackrock was a pretty high pop realm. But I haven't had any problems catching any rare pets (longest hunt was the Minfernal - about a week of checking). Well I need the weather pets, but that's a weather thing.

I didn't sweat breed / rarity though since as far as I can tell the Minfernal is kinda crappy.

You know, the only time I've ever seen a Tainted Rat in the Scattered Scare Vale: I raced another toon for it... only to literally give it the finger when we both realized what it was. Then I icy touched it for good measure (was on my DK alt). But then the zone started repopulating (I think the timer for the zone was up, not that killing the rat triggered it). And that's how I got my minfernal.

So good luck.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
The camping on this pet is crazy. I ignored it untill last week when a got a magic upgrade token and didn't have anything interesting to upgrade. So I camped an alt out there and every time I checked, even very late at night, there was several peeps flying around. I didn't sit there for hours on end, just checked periodically for a few minutes at a time. After a couple of days I finally saw one spawn and was first to get there. Of course I didn't have the right team up and almost killed the sucker before my trap worked on the fourth attempt. The cool thing is that it was a rare. :)

Don't hate :P
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
There are more people camping this cross realm than are in org on andorhal...

Rare is rare, but this is ridiculous. This isn't fun. This doesn't make the pet special. It's just obnoxious.
Edited by Isengaard on 1/8/2013 5:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
01/07/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Empirin
Same and all the other rare pet areas (jade ozzling, scourged whelping, nordrassil, etc.).

Jade Oozeling's rare??? W T F? I see bunches of those when I go to the Hinterlands.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 05:47 AMPosted by Ziv

Jade Oozeling's rare??? W T F? I see bunches of those when I go to the Hinterlands.

I have seen bunches of minfernals does that make them not rare?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
i lucked out and found one hiding behind a tree up on the ledge above the usual 'camping points' nobody must have noticed it. it was poor quality but i since got a stone.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/08/2013 05:47 AMPosted by Ziv

On my server every time I have gone out to Hinterlands there is no Jade Oozelings to be found up at all and there is always someone or multiple people in the caves camping the spawn. This is why I added to my list of rare pets. It may be different on other servers but I am just reporting what I see on mine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Looking for Minfernal is like looking for Bigfoot.
It doesn't exist and everyone ridicules you for believing in it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]