Taken straight from Greg Street

90 Tauren Druid
WGS
"Many of the changes in Patch 5.1 were to address issues of PvP balance, and most didn't have a big impact on PvE."

Okay lets say this is true. Then how come things are so much worse pvp wise 5.1 then they were previous.

I think we can only pray that the next "pvp" balance patch actually balances pvp a little.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
Gostcrawla.
Gostcrawla wat r u doing.
Gostcrawla.
Stahp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The patch would've been a step in the right direction, but then they added the PvP power boost to weapons and blanket nerfed healing
Reply Quote
51 Undead Priest
Gostcrawla.
Gostcrawla.
Stahp.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gostcrawla.
Gostcrawla.
Stahp.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
Gostcrawla.
Gostcrawla.
Stahp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
because blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Gostcrawla.
Gostcrawla.
Stahp.

I feel like this is a song. I should know this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
"Many of the changes in Patch 5.1 were to address issues of PvP balance, and most didn't have a big impact on PvE."

Okay lets say this is true. Then how come things are so much worse pvp wise 5.1 then they were previous.

I think we can only pray that the next "pvp" balance patch actually balances pvp a little.

I am actually really worried now, next patch sounds like pvp is going down the pooper. Things could always change.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

The problems now are less of a class mechanical issue, and more of a gear issue. The fact that some classes scale better with gear allowed the upgrade system to directly buff those classes more than others, that and coupled with the 9% extra damage added to weapons.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
1. Pvp at the moment is not close to balanced, not close to fun, nor is it close to fair. You failed miserably.

2. No dps hybrid could have replaced a healer except maybe a shadow priest. You took a band-aid fix on a problem that could have been fixed a great deal easier without harming other hybrids. Your lazy design just harms this game even more.

3. You need more observation do you seriously need? I know none of you actually play pvp (considering how long stampede was bugged. If you had walked into an arena or a battleground, you would have seen how ludicrous it was.) but simple logic dictates that if you increase pvp power without adjusting resilience, damage will go up.

4. The upgrade-able items was a stupid idea. I know why you did it, to prolong the grind and try to keep people playing, but what you don't understand is that people want to get to the point where they on an even playing field. No one wants to play catch up for an entire season.

5. Well that must be nice for the Pve crowd, while pvp got even worse with 5.1. You must be really proud.

1. While it is true the game is not even close to being balanced, he does have a point about the game being impossible to balance fully. MMO's are generally impossible to balance because of the playerbase.

2. I will agree that this was a band-aid fix, and a horrible one at that. The problem with this fix is it hurt other classes far more than what the fix was aimed at. Examples of classes hurt by this happen to be: Mistweaver monks, Disc priests, and Ret paladins.

3. They shouldn't have to observe this, the fact that the gear upgrades and the PvP power buff happens to buff the classes that benefit more from gear than others. In their defense stampede was only bugged in a specific area of the game, just claiming it was bugged does not help them, as it wasn't bugged in anything but arenas.

4. Yes the idea was stupid, but the reason for it wasn't to keep people playing. Back in cataclysm I was fully geared with around 40-60k conquest points when the MoP patch hit.
They just want to add another way to spend unused conquest points, and while this idea is stupid. They do need to find something to spend conquest points on when you're fully geared.

5. PvP is worse not because of class mechanics, but because of the gear upgrade and PvP power buff. There are some classes that scale far better with gear than others (Warriors being one). Which means that both of those changes buffed these classes far more than other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
1. Pvp at the moment is not close to balanced, not close to fun, nor is it close to fair. You failed miserably.

2. No dps hybrid could have replaced a healer except maybe a shadow priest. You took a band-aid fix on a problem that could have been fixed a great deal easier without harming other hybrids. Your lazy design just harms this game even more.

3. You need more observation do you seriously need? I know none of you actually play pvp (considering how long stampede was bugged. If you had walked into an arena or a battleground, you would have seen how ludicrous it was.) but simple logic dictates that if you increase pvp power without adjusting resilience, damage will go up.

4. The upgrade-able items was a stupid idea. I know why you did it, to prolong the grind and try to keep people playing, but what you don't understand is that people want to get to the point where they on an even playing field. No one wants to play catch up for an entire season.

5. Well that must be nice for the Pve crowd, while pvp got even worse with 5.1. You must be really proud.

+1 you the man! agree 100 fold
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How the hell is PvP worse than it was before? The only classes that are doing enough damage to kill someone in 2-3 globals are Warriors and Mages.

It was Hunters Warriors Mage and Locks, and Hunters actually only needed one global.

As far as I'm concerned, Healing fixes can take a backseat to damage fixes right now. There's no fixing healing when no amount of healing can heal through the current damage.
Edited by Yoloswaqq on 12/5/2012 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
How the hell is PvP worse than it was before? The only classes that are doing enough damage to kill someone in 2-3 globals are Warriors and Mages.

Exactly what I think. The game is more balanced this patch than 5.0.. How does increasing the PvP Power on weapons make PvP less balanced? EVERYONE gets the buff. Stop complaining and f*cking adapt for f*ck's sake.
Edited by Rykinia on 12/5/2012 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS

Because of the pvp power change damage is so high people randomly die from 60% to 0
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
12/05/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Rykinia
Exactly what I think. The game is more balanced this patch than 5.0.. How does increasing the PvP Power on weapons make PvP less balanced? EVERYONE gets the buff. Stop complaining and f*cking adapt for f*ck's sake.

Says the guy with no 3s team
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]