Taken straight from Greg Street

90 Tauren Druid
WGS
12/05/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Kethune
Adding PVP power and nerfing the healing means the damage really out scales the healing, which means most teams just have to relentlessly beat the crap out of a target doing little to no CC and they will win. Hell most CC is instant nowadays anyway, so one CC on your healer and that's game over. Not skillful, not fun, just crap...

^ +1
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
And I agree, but you cannot say it's worse than what it was before. I've done quite a bit of arenas and BGs even since 5.1 and I have not ran into the ridiculous damage that was Zoo and Chaos Wave.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
And I agree, but you cannot say it's worse than what it was before. I've done quite a bit of arenas and BGs even since 5.1 and I have not ran into the ridiculous damage that was Zoo and Chaos Wave.

Chaos wave was never really a problem if you knew how to shut a glowing red demon form lock down. and Zoo was toned down a long time before 5.1

Now you get 60%-0 from warriors, mages, shadow priests and feral druids consistently.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shadow Priests? ehh it's all RNG
That's if they get a stupid amount of procs repeatedly, and there's no reason any class should have damage or burst based around RNG anway. The others, yes especially warriors and mages.

Burst should be through CDs that can be countered and shut down, not randomly appearing out of nowhere. Which is why I hate the way shadow plays right now. It's like a Fire Mage.
Edited by Yoloswaqq on 12/5/2012 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warrior
12/05/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Chiffley
The patch would've been a step in the right direction, but then they added the PvP power boost to weapons and blanket nerfed healing

They did not nerf healing. They fixed the tooltip. That's it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
12/05/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Legîon
The patch would've been a step in the right direction, but then they added the PvP power boost to weapons and blanket nerfed healing

They did not nerf healing. They fixed the tooltip. That's it.

They nerf'd hybrid dps's healing.

<sarcasm>
Cuz you know, hybrid dps are so overpowered, and triple dps is everywhere
</sarcasm>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I’m not going to disagree the two points made by GC that:
A) Most of the changes in 5.1 were to address issues of PvP balance and;
B) Most didn’t have a big impact on PvE.

However, the way I see it, we have no honour weapons so that PvE players don’t feel compelled to PvP as a faster or more guaranteed way to get weapons. Further, PvP weapon upgrades are to PvP power so that PvE players get no benefit and therefore continue to remain un-compelled to PvP. That’s great, but the design choice means more burst in PvP which I don’t see many advocating, if any. The non-impact on PvE is true but the low ilvl budget for PvP Power within the context of this restriction has implications in PvP.

Its great there’s time and effort going into PvP balance there just seem to be so many restrictions in place whereby the application of a restriction just pops out another problem.

I have no issue with item upgrades. I like the concept, especially in addressing the “gee whiz, I have all the gear, now points are useless to me” argument.

What I don’t like is that the design which homogenises ability coefficients in PvE and PvP feels so painted into a corner that it can’t move.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
So, let’s say the next band aid is for Blizzard up the budgeted cost of PvP Power so that weapon upgrades gain less PvP Power rather than the low cost catapulting up the numbers. This would scale back the PvP Power on on other gear also. It reduces the damage a bit, which is great, but at some point due to the ilvl difference PvE gear starts to look like an attractive option again within PvP and the whole premise for PvP Power in the first place falls down.

Perhaps some of the PvP Power on weapons gets substituted to Stam to soak up the budget a bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]