Different question about character animation

90 Human Death Knight
Hey Blizzard,

I don't really post much but something has just been burning me up about this game for a while that I'd like to ask for you to address or at least pretend like you are addressing. It's been this way forever through 3 expansions and I honestly thought you would have done something creative by now.

Character animations of the crafting kind are boring and need a face lift is the statement I want to make and here is why.

JC prospecting is suppose to sound and look like like we are crushing or breaking apart 5 ore into wonderful raw gems. Not like we are enchanting a piece of gear. It's the same, and it's mind numbing when everyone near you as well as you are all doing the same thing but not really.

JC gem cutting at the very least has a distinct sound effect, which is good, but has no real animation. You almost borrow from the alchemy animation but take the vials out of it. Why not put a gem in our hands in replacement?

Enchanting / disenchanting obviously it's ok, outside of the fact is looks exactly like prostpecting. Maybe reverse the animation for enchanting for disenchanting so it looks like we are drawing out the goods instead of putting them in.

Black Smithing/Mining ore/Some engineering but not all are the same animation. Are we destroying huge blocks of stone or are we delicately crafting a weapon? Hammering from a full standing blow a fine piece of tubing or delicately crushing a meticulous boulder? I don't know because it's the same!

Tailoring/Leatherworking Same animation , same sound effect. Why not break out a small loom, or a leather strap looking thing. I can jive with the same sound effect but jeez a little creativity please?

Other than all of these why not update the designs of buttons for these a little too? I know it's a lot to ask but you guys have so much creative talent and ability why not make this change to boost the environment a bit? Could you imagine 10 people that are all doing different animations because they are actually doing different things? Help us out blizzard, please and thank you.
Edited by Maelific on 12/5/2012 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I always wondered how someone could skin an animal with no knife in their hand.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
JC gem cutting at the very least has a distinct sound effect, which is good, but has no real animation. You almost borrow from the alchemy animation but take the vials out of it. Why not put a gem in our hands in replacement?

Whenever I thought of Jewelcutting I always think of the sound of a laser, or perhaps, something like ice shattering apart.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's hard for me to fathom how this has gotten so far without a face lift in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
It shouldn't come as a surprise. Blizz cares little about the opinions of paying customers. They would rather take the sledge hammer approach to fixing issues with features that are forced onto players rather than dealing with issues that have plagued this game since release.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Odidodie
They would rather take the sledge hammer approach to fixing issues with features that are forced onto players rather than dealing with issues that have plagued this game since release.

I've only been playing for four years now, but yeah, that kind of approach has worn thin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
They would rather take the sledge hammer approach to fixing issues with features that are forced onto players rather than dealing with issues that have plagued this game since release.

I've only been playing for four years now, but yeah, that kind of approach has worn thin.

Well I mean c'mon. Not to get off subject but how long have people been asking for features similar to what the OP is posting about compared to the amount of time you heard players complaining about "not seeing anyone out in the world while I pick flowers and collect rocks". And how long did it take blizz to respond to the mindless masses with a system like CRZ that ruined this game just so they could conserve time and money.
Edited by Odidodie on 12/5/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
30 Gnome Rogue
Animations take time, and as we know time is money.

sorry we couldn't release the next patch sooner we wanted to make the tailoring sewing thread animations look the way our players wanted.

your petty requests for trivial things make me think you area spoiled entitled person , who stomps his foot and pouts when people say no.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
This probably wasn't a thread in need of a bump Itch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/05/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Itch
your petty requests for trivial things make me think you area spoiled entitled person , who stomps his foot and pouts when people say no.

This comment makes me believe that you troll the forums all day looking for stuff to disagree with using terribad grammar.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Keep pushing this guys they will prob have to hire more animators the higher the demand for more detail grows and that means a bigger chance when I'm done with college that I can get a job in the gaming industry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Animations take time, and as we know time is money.

sorry we couldn't release the next patch sooner we wanted to make the tailoring sewing thread animations look the way our players wanted.

You have more achievement points, therefore I deduce that you're a jaded wow hipster that probably still whines about "wrath babies". So all I'll really reply with to trash like you is:

No, you're wrong.

And let's move on hopefully with less trolling (lol yeah right).

I'd really like to know if Bliz devs actually planned on doing this or if they thought we as the player base wouldn't get tired of it after time.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid
You should know by now that people don't like seeing dead threads raised from the grave.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Blizzard balks at animating doors opening this expansion. If they really want to do something about it, probably the best you're going to get is the Almighty Puff of Obscuring Dirt covering up your hands.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]