The Misty Keg 8: Mana Tea's Day Off

90 Pandaren Monk
BOOM blade lord and the big abom guy dead (dont know name cause we killed him on like second attempt) got empress down to like 13% but raid was ending and people were tired and didn't have strat quite down so that will go down easy!!!

abom guy my chi torpedo did 12% of my heals so that was pretty cool. kinda a pain to use on empress but timing TFT with uplift and then some SCK chi burst on melee was pullin good numbers

mana while tight wasn't unbearable now that i'm used to not spamming. still don't see how people have excess stacks of mana tea. i consistently have times i have to wait for 2 stacks to use my CD. maybe i'm just not casting as much as i should or don't get lucky procs /shrug
90 Pandaren Monk
Endangered, take a look at this guy: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Nyf/advanced

I asked him about using Power Strikes over Ascension and Haste vs other stats. Anything else you can think of that would be a good question for a WW monk?

cloth bracers
power strikes why?
Momentum why? - debatable I prefer celerity
cloth bracers arent enchanted/socketed
blacksmith hammer equipped - under hit and expertise cap

Gemming pure haste??
90 Human Monk
I want to be just like Nyf.

Yolo.
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
That guy has to be trolling...
90 Pandaren Monk

Yolo.
The hell is a Nyf? The hell are you? The hell am I? gtfolo.
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
I miss the alliance :(
90 Troll Monk
12/06/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Advanced
I miss the alliance :(

I sort-of do too. But I'm happy with my troll. Not so happy I racechanged my troll druid to worgen at the beginning of Cataclysm.
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Also, BrM 4pc is absolutely broken lolol
55k avg sustained HPS on windlord. We're two tanking for safety; (well ahead of enrages and room limits)

Generally 25k+ hps on other fights.
90 Troll Monk
12/06/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Advanced
Also, BrM 4pc is absolutely broken lolol

20% more Guard Absorb seems absurdly strong. Nice though.

Also, I just noticed Zen Sphere doesn't scale off Haste as a WW.

Shame, I really like the spell. Wish it ticked every second with an 8 second duration though. 16 takes too long compared to the burst healing of Chi Wave for WW.
90 Human Monk

Yolo.
The hell is a Nyf? The hell are you? The hell am I? gtfolo.

Endangered, take a look at this guy: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Nyf/advanced

I asked him about using Power Strikes over Ascension and Haste vs other stats. Anything else you can think of that would be a good question for a WW monk?

cloth bracers
power strikes why?
Momentum why? - debatable I prefer celerity
cloth bracers arent enchanted/socketed
blacksmith hammer equipped - under hit and expertise cap

Gemming pure haste??

Take a look, bro.
90 Pandaren Monk
I found me a transmog I really like. Thoughts?
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Zegreiart
I found me a transmog I really like. Thoughts?

moose or gtfo ;)
90 Pandaren Monk
why is it that the more WW I see around, the more of them I see running around still gemming full haste

*!%*%**#!
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
12/06/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Leesinga
moose or gtfo ;)

I'm considering the moose.
90 Troll Monk
12/06/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Endangered
why is it that the more WW I see around, the more of them I see running around still gemming full haste

Because MrRobot that's why.

Seriously though; what's wrong with full haste.
90 Pandaren Monk
Because full haste isn't the best. Stop doing it.

I'm going to reforge into a bit more haste myself, but still aiming to keep my crit high.

I did an analysis of that Nyf guy comparing each of our last Gara'jals. He's inefficient with his ability usage and clips stuff losing out lots of damage.

Edit: If you are in this thread with Myself, Endangered, and Mist, you have no reason to be doing anything wrong with any spec.
Edited by Izzirez on 12/6/2012 2:43 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
12/06/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Beifong

energy overflow due to ascension is whats wrong with full haste.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Advanced

energy overflow due to ascension is whats wrong with full haste.

I'm curious how much energy is wasted by that Nyf guy. He had less jabs then me in more time, which is WTF worthy when he's running near 9k haste, although he is running power strikes and not ascension.
90 Troll Monk
Because full haste isn't the best. Stop doing it.

I'm going to reforge into a bit more haste myself, but still aiming to keep my crit high.

I did an analysis of that Nyf guy comparing each of our last Gara'jals. He's inefficient with his ability usage and clips stuff losing out lots of damage.

Edit: If you are in this thread with Myself, Endangered, and Mist, you have no reason to be doing anything wrong with any spec.

Ah. My gemming was meant pre-Ascension. I'll probably shift out of haste into Agi and Agi/Crit gems as I upgrade my gear. I don't feel like dropping tons of gold just to regem everything right now.

Edit: And barring maybe once a raid night, I usually don't energy overflow outside of Blood Lust. Energy starved at least once a fight though during a raid.
Edited by Beifong on 12/6/2012 2:53 PM PST
90 Human Monk
This new Youtube layout _________.

Fill in the blank kgo.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]