Freezing Trap need a buff?

90 Human Hunter
I'm under the serious impression that Freezing trap needs to become a shot or undispelable. Now I under stand all CC can be countered in some way. But Hunters really got the short end of the stick. Its dispel-able, breaks on any damage, shares DR with repentance/hex, and against a good team, impossible to get off.

Just for two reasons. One, its incredibly easy for other teams to soak each and every trap or silence/stun the hunter during scatter. Two, because every other dps in the game has a guaranteed instant CC.

My logic:

If it becomes a shot it would be comparable to Blood Fear, PoM Sheep/Ring, NS/PS cyclone, NS/MW Hex, IS, the list goes on.

If it becomes undispel-able then teams constantly soaking traps would have to actually manage their CDs around hunters. I understand this would be on the OP side of things, but its a thought.

It is just really hard for my to wrap my head around classes with more pressure having more CC than classes with less.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Some situations:

Now the lengths I've been going to to get a trap off. Against any wizard cleave where one of the dps just sits on the healer I've been having to scatter, drop explosive trap, and then drop freezing trap where I think the healer will land after being knocked. Needless to say trapping that way is very hard, but its the only chance of getting a trap off. (If there is a priest on the team I then have to silence him about a second after the trap going off, assuming he doesn't LG the healer off the Freezing Trap)

Against a warrior team without a feral/enhance I always have to pet stun the warrior before I scatter, but even then the warrior has 1 second intervene soak it. Against Turbo Cleave or Kitty Cleave I have no chance of getting a trap off. The shaman can always grouding at the last second and the druid can grip himself to the healer.

Most warlock teams have the healer sit on the port so when I scatter the lock can instantly eat the trap. If not then I normally get feared as soon as I scatter.

I'd like to add that after going through such lengths, to just get one good trap, I normally don't have anything else to force a defensive, let alone get a kill.

PS: Keep in-mind I only have these problems against good teams.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
its def the worst and hardest cc to pull off in the game vs anyone with a brain
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Thaaat is a lot of trouble to get a trap off. I've never seen anyone do such things either.

But I have a suggestion which has been working for me. If you use the silthid pet or the spider pet, you can focus scatter, lay trap for the focus, and then web wrap the primary target so that they can't waltz over and eat the trap that wasn't for them. It's a few clicks but I imagine it's much easier to pull off than what you described with explosive trap.

Basically you want to slow the primary target in order to get the trap off on your secondary target. You could use concussive shot for that too I suppose, it is a short cooldown afterall.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
That would be a solution for some teams, but again most Wizard teams just stand on each other. And safeguard from warriors removes roots.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
It requires coordination to get off against a good team, yes, but it's just as hard as trying to cast hex, polymorph, fear, any casted CC against a good team out in the open. It might be even harder.

Don't compare it to blood fear, because that is a retarded skill on its own bar of failure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Tassili
its def the worst and hardest cc to pull off in the game vs anyone with a brain
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It requires coordination to get off against a good team, yes, but it's just as hard as trying to cast hex, polymorph, fear, any casted CC against a good team out in the open. It might be even harder.

Don't compare it to blood fear, because that is a retarded skill on its own bar of failure.

I understand what you are saying but when do you see a dps shaman cast hex or ever see a fear being cast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It is just not comparable to any other dps's CC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Stonepillar
atleast you have cc on less than a 1 min cd

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012668/
Reply Quote

Fist of justice or Repentance? Couple that with an off-classes cc + the healers you can make a really good chain.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
this coming from the same retardadin who said bm is pop stampede an kill command an you are one shotted
Reply Quote
In general, what I find helpful and almost always (90% and upwards) land a trap is to lullaby or monkey stun (preferably lullaby as it's not effected by the orc racial stun dr reduction but be aware that Shaman CAN tremor out of this and most likely will if you don’t have a fear on your team). It's NEARLY impossible for anyone to eat those traps. If the opposing team has a spriest I lay a silencing shot into them at the same time to cross cc them and prevent a grip or mass dispel, after the silence I immediately drop an explosive trap at the feet of my already frozen target, at this time it will knock the trap even further away from a mass dispel. Of course this is a lot of work and may take some practice to perfect it but it’s very possible and always fun to out-play the opposing team!! Here’s a clip of me doing it if you want to see it in the works (http://youtu.be/UbF3lYtWsHs) This also allows me to use my scatter for peels on the opposing dps that we are not focusing or go for fake traps and juke them and pretend I’m going for the trap with a scatter just to get it a couple seconds later with a lullaby ;). It really all works well together in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ya i've found myself doing that more and more. Its just how long until people start calling out sleep to watch for trap instead of scatter.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Iced
Ya i've found myself doing that more and more. Its just how long until people start calling out sleep to watch for trap instead of scatter.

It’s all about that cross cc, you need to have w/e partners you’re playing with essentially peel for your traps if they're getting eaten that much.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Here’s a clip of me doing it if you want to see it in the works (http://youtu.be/UbF3lYtWsHs)

Moving the frozen target out of mass dispel? That was awesome to see.
Edited by Nurb on 12/5/2012 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
CLC
At some point Freezing Trap was going to become Freezing Arrow and become a target-able CC, not sure when that was scrapped.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

I understand what you are saying but when do you see a dps shaman cast hex or ever see a fear being cast.

Fair enough, but shaman's hex takes time to build up and stacks of maelstrom weapon are consumed.
Dunno why you brought fear again when I said that it's in its own retarded bar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well thats my point. Most every other dps class has instant CC but trap still has, essentially a 2 second cast. With more than one way to prevent it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]