glyph of frost lance, annoying to quest with.

90 Blood Elf Mage
Could they change this to only hit enemies my party or I am in combat with? Currently it's really annoying to quest with because it'll hit nearby neutral mobs aggroing them into the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Maybe carry around a stack of tomes and switch glyphs when you're in a situation that Glyph of Ice Lance is not beneficial?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
But my bags are almost always full. :( I cant afford royal satchels. I always have to delete stuff i like just to hold quest items for those stupid quests that want me to carry 5+ different things.
Edited by Bakabridget on 12/5/2012 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
I've never really had this problem that much. Just be aware of your surroundings.

*shrug*
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
pull more mobs at once.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It can be annoying only if you aren't careful or low on health. I personally love it since I can pull a crap ton with it and then aoe it all down at high speed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
and then i used my deep freed and started ice landing him
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/06/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Crimestopper

I approve this post.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
12/06/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Crystalah

I approve this post.

Seconded. Sending recommendation for name changes to devs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If your bags are full and you have all 24 slots bags what are you carrying around dayem! Store some of that crap on your bank or throw it in your void storage.

For a mage, you don't need to carry different sets of gear around as your always DPS. Not like you have a tanking/healer set to carry with you. Also you make your own food so you never have to buy them.

What is the hell do you have in your bags that you are running out of room that you can't even afford one slot to hold one stack of tomes.

This is what I find strange about this post. I believe that is your reason for this post. Not because Ice Lance glyph is annoying. HAHA
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
Of course, there is also nothing like rounding up a large group of mobs, freezing them with Frost bomb on one of them, Frozen Orb up, and just unloading your glyphed Ice Lance with you infinite FoF procs.

Makes quests like the "fatty goat steak" laughably easy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
If your bags are full and you have all 24 slots bags what are you carrying around dayem! Store some of that crap on your bank or throw it in your void storage.

For a mage, you don't need to carry different sets of gear around as your always DPS. Not like you have a tanking/healer set to carry with you. Also you make your own food so you never have to buy them.

What is the hell do you have in your bags that you are running out of room that you can't even afford one slot to hold one stack of tomes.

This is what I find strange about this post. I believe that is your reason for this post. Not because Ice Lance glyph is annoying. HAHA

is this come copy and paste garbage. kindly remove yourself from the internet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I can so relate to the OP in this case, sometimes Ice Lance becomes really annoying because of its glyph. I have often debated switching out its glyph for Fireblast so that I have more control over when Frost Bomb detonates. However I find the Ice Lance glyph really handy in dungeons & raids (basically any place where someone else tanks a load of mobs) because there are times where Fingers of Frost charges are just flying in rapidly and then the DPS boost from the glyph is (in my opinion) really amazing.

In questing though I cringe when it happens. Thankfully I'm done with most of my reputation grinding in Pandaria so I've overcome this phase but if the situation were to repeat itself I'd probably remove the Ice Lance glyph for the few days that I decide to just quest. It can sometimes become counterproductive.

I just hate how we are pretty much given only 2 glyphs because almost every Frost Mage will glyph Water Elemental so that the pet isn't an idiot anymore (even though it becomes VERY annoyingly big). And in those 2 glyph slots we have to pick between Fireblast, Ice Lance, Icy Veins, and sometimes Arcane Explosion.

I'll probably end up going Water Elemental, Ice Lance, and Fireblast for a while just to see how my DPS turns out.

P.S --> What is up with all the bag space talk? A clothie with no self heals being hit on by multiple mobs doesn't have time to switch glyphs right there and then even if he has 100 free slots in his/her bag.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Also, the ice landing second bolt is only 5 yards from the primary target iirc. With all the control we have vs melee mobs, how the hell is this a problem? Besides, neutral mobs drop food!

12/07/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Ghettobaby
I just hate how we are pretty much given only 2 glyphs because almost every Frost Mage will glyph Water Elemental so that the pet isn't an idiot anymore (even though it becomes VERY annoyingly big). And in those 2 glyph slots we have to pick between Fireblast, Ice Lance, Icy Veins, and sometimes Arcane Explosion.

hahhahahaahaha NO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Then don't quest with the glyph.

You should be carrying Tomes in general anyway, to switch talents and glyphs as appropriate to the situation. It's very handy to be able to do that. It takes one bag slot; maybe two if you switch a lot and don't always remember to restock on reagents.

Royal Satchels are very expensive, but 20-22 slots bags aren't, and you can also get a 24-slot from a Kun-Lai quest and another from ZA. I could be wrong, but if bag space is frequently an issue just doing regular dailies, you're probably carrying a bunch of stuff you don't need to carry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

is this come copy and paste garbage. kindly remove yourself from the internet.

They provided her with a solution and she stated that she does not have room in her bag. I was simply stating the obvious. Learn to read before posting your garbage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Also, the ice landing second bolt is only 5 yards from the primary target iirc. With all the control we have vs melee mobs, how the hell is this a problem? Besides, neutral mobs drop food!

hahhahahaahaha NO.

I was talking with respect to PvE not PvP, since I mostly only PvE and the OP was talking in reference to PvE questing. I suppose a PvP oriented Frost Mage could go something like Deep Freeze, Fireblast, and something else (Evocation since missing self heals).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]