Mounts still available.

90 Undead Priest
Hello, what flying mounts from WotLK are still available? Specifically out of Mimiron's Head and Bloodbathed/Ironbound drakes.

Also, is it possible to solo Ulduar heroic modes?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Pretty sure everything is still available except the PLagued Proto Drake from Glory of the Naxx Raider achieve.

Not sure about soloing Ulduar.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
12/06/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Slouch
Also, is it possible to solo Ulduar heroic modes?

IIRC most of it could be done at 85 (and it'll be easier at 90 of course), but I think a couple of bosses still required help due to mechanics. No Ulduar bosses are listed as having been made soloable with 5.1, but you might also check in the Dungeon/Raid or Achievement forums.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Hello, what flying mounts from WotLK are still available? Specifically out of Mimiron's Head and Bloodbathed/Ironbound drakes.

www.warcraftmounts.com is a great resource.

Mimiron's Head is still available. However, it is no longer a 100% drop from Yogg-Saron(25) + 0, and now instead has a small percentage of dropping. The Bloodbathed & Ironbound drakes are still available and you get them when you complete the achievement.

Pretty sure everything is still available except the PLagued Proto Drake from Glory of the Naxx Raider achieve.

Actually, I've heard reports that the Plagued and Black Proto-drakes have appeared on the Black Market Auction House, so they may be available again (albeit really, really rare).

No Ulduar bosses are listed as having been made soloable with 5.1, but you might also check in the Dungeon/Raid or Achievement forums.

They were not changed in 5.1 - at least as far as we know. They really only updated very few bosses, and it was mostly for the bosses that now drop pets (or blocked you from bosses that drop pets). It was mostly vanilla bosses.
Edited by Amandalynn on 12/6/2012 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Regarding soloing:

Yes, some classes and specs can solo bosses in Ulduar. It's still not easy though, and you won't be able to solo a lot of the achievements yourself. Many of those still require a group and some coordination to pull off. Gear also plays into it - a fresh 90 won't have the same power as someone who's geared to the teeth at the level cap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
a fresh 90 won't have the same power as someone who's geared to the teeth at the level cap.

This. This toon shredded Kael'thas the other day. My sadly neglected and undergeared Horde priest, on the other hand...not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Ilahi
a fresh 90 won't have the same power as someone who's geared to the teeth at the level cap.

This. This toon shredded Kael'thas the other day. My sadly neglected and undergeared Horde priest, on the other hand...not so much.

My druid can solo Onyxia in about five minutes. For fits and giggles, I took my hunter in as soon as he hit 90, thinking that because he's ranged it would go faster.

Ten minutes later...
"GOD DAMN IT JUST DIE ALREADY."
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/06/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Icedragon

My druid can solo Onyxia in about five minutes. For fits and giggles, I took my hunter in as soon as he hit 90, thinking that because he's ranged it would go faster.

Ten minutes later...
"GOD DAMN IT JUST DIE ALREADY."

I soloed Ony yesterday...I figured as a range it would go quickly. It did but was more of a struggle than I thought it would be - mainly because my voidwalker decided to go run off and stare at the wall instead of tanking the whelps off of me. And I decided to try the warlock spec with the weakest AoE (next time I'll switch to Demonology).

You're story of trying to solo Only once you hit 90 reminded me of a similar event that happened to me - back in Wrath when I first hit 80 one of the first things I did was go back to the Hellfire Peninsula and try to get revenge on a Fel Reaver.

It did not end well for me.

But getting back to the larger point - Blizzard did modify some older bosses so they can be soloed more easily, but turns out it was not nearly as many as people thought. The Wrath & Cataclysm bosses were apparently untouched. Whether you can do it depends in large part on gear, spec, build, skill and strategy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]