No Real Title, Just Wanted to Try Action

90 Worgen Druid
((Because I don't want to get sucked into a pit of writing nothing but ridiculously softcore slashfics.))

Townshend's ears were still ringing, but he had only a second to react, hunching over onto all fours and diving for cover behind a conveniently angled rock before the next rocket landed in a fiery burst at his previous position. Mogu relic clenched between his teeth, he looked out of cover to catch a glimpse of his assailants. Taking care not to expose himself too long, he managed to spot the goblin demolitionist that had been firing the rockets at him, though he was sure there had been another. At any rate, the goblin was advancing on his position, and he needed to find more cover.

Taking on the form of a great black cat, he weaved through the trees and brush gracefully, never dropping the relic that he had taken from the Ruins of Do'jan, where this chase began. This was not his first time visiting the ruins, but Krasarang had changed in the past few weeks, or so he had heard. Now, Townshend was learning the hard truth that one needn't be a soldier to find themselves in the scope of the Horde's aggression. Still, he assumed that if he could run long enough, he'd encounter Alliance forces as well. He continued dashing from cover to cover, hiding behind trees, rock, and brush as he made his way towards the coast.

A cold, painful bite was felt on his left leg, his hide still very sensitive from a previous incident. Now, he confirmed what he had known, the goblin was not alone in his assault. Standing before him was a Forsaken assassin, already in the process of striking again. As the dagger was falling upon him, Townshend sent forth a powerful gust of wind, which slammed the undead against the tree that he had been using for cover. Wounded, Townshend continued to rush forward, though much less certain of his ability to escape.

The poison set in quickly. Townshend attempted to cleanse himself through use of a healing spell, but magic was fallible, and he could sense no improvement. Grimacing, he had to keep moving, as the sea was now in sight. Even if there was no Alliance there to greet him, surely he would be able to avoid his pursuers in the water. By the time he reached on of the last trees before the forest ended, he waited for a rocket to crash against it. This time, there was a loud crack, as the tree started falling towards him. He mustered what was left of his strength and made a final sprint out of the forest towards the sea.

The grunt had been waiting for him, and swung his axe at Townshend's face. A flash of steel and a burst of blood were the last thing he saw before Townshend collapsed on the beach.
Edited by Flend on 12/6/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
My initial self-critique is that I make typos and have a hard time telling when to use pronouns sometimes.
Reply Quote
Townshend.

Stormshend.

Hmmm.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Townshend.

Stormshend.

Hmmm.

I thought so too, but if it was Fere the story would be infinitely more long-winded with 3x the subject modifiers and preceded by 20 reserved posts, interspersed with butthurt.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
Townshend.

Stormshend.

Hmmm.

I named him and all of his cover identities after different combinations of the first and last names of the members of The Who.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]