Help turning off that ulgy extra bar!

90 Human Mage
Is there anyway to turn off the super ulgy hatred bar from the taran zhu encounter in shadow-pan monastery? my ui displays this information for me so seeing this bar is just obstructing my UI, not to say its super cheesy looking. This question doesnt only pertain to this encounter but other raid/quest encounters as well.
Edited by Namespace on 12/6/2012 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The bar is part of the default UI. AFAIK it cant be changed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
You would have to check what ever addon you are using to turn off features. You might wanna ask here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011693/
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Its soo ugly and annoying, it blocks my cast bar and parts of my nameplates.
Edited by Namespace on 12/6/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
The addon MoveAnything will allow you to move and/or hide any default UI element, including that one (I don't recall specifically what it's called though)
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21303-MoveAnythingMoP.html

Also, when you say it's blocking parts of your "Nameplates", I suspect you actually mean "Unit Frames".
Nameplates are the health bars that appear above Units' heads inside the game world; they do not occupy a fixed location on your screen.
The health bars that you constantly see in fixed locations on your screen for your character, target, focus, and party/raid members are called Unit Frames. This distinction will be important if you ever seek advice for modifying those UI elements, as they are handled by completely separate APIs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you use MoveAnything, you can search for those frames and easily move them. The bar is called 'Alternative Energy Bar'. The associated button is called 'Extra Action Button'.

The energy bar and action button frames are not unique to encounters. If you move it for the Monastery fight, then it will be moved for all events that utilize those frames, including the Tillers quest to find the prize chicken.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
12/06/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Discobob
The bar is part of the default UI. AFAIK it cant be changed.

It's part of the Default UI so it can be changed/hidden/disabled actually.

ExtraButton1:Hide()
Reply Quote
63 Troll Shaman
If you use MoveAnything, you can search for those frames and easily move them. The bar is called 'Alternative Energy Bar'. The associated button is called 'Extra Action Button'.

The energy bar and action button frames are not unique to encounters. If you move it for the Monastery fight, then it will be moved for all events that utilize those frames, including the Tillers quest to find the prize chicken.

ive looked for this and it is nowhere to be found in moveanything are you sure it isnt called something else now?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Its name is something like PowerActionBarAlt. To find the exact name, just type /fstack and mouse over the element when you see it, and it'll print out the name in the tooltip.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]