GC post and 5.2

12/06/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Sarosha
Pretty much the gear you have now is fairly close to the gear you will have at 5.2, 4 more months of being stuck on the boss you are stuck on with little hope of nerfs seems a little daft.

Is this a thread about how the content is too hard?

I mean... you can get equivalent gear to that through dailies, then upgrade it all through gear upgrader.

If you still can't down the bosses I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU BRO.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/06/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Sarosha

The raids have ALREADY been nerfed.

How you say? I didn't hear about the bosses or the dungeons being nerfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down, I say, they are doing things a little differently this time.

This time, they aren't nerfing the raids, they're buffing you!!!

You see, top guilds were able to clear the normal content which relatively weaker gear than even what I'm wearing, so things like VP gear, LFR gear, it was true you didn't actually need it to clear the content.

They could have easily released 5.1 with no new gear.

BUT, lucky for us, that's not what they did.

They introduced new 496 vp gear (check out my ring), and the ability to BUFF your own gear!

Result: you can now take on the same raids, with stronger gear.

That's your nerf, only, rather than nerfing the raid this time, they've gone the other way and given you stuff to buff yourself up.

Do you even listen to yourself?

If you have 496 gear, why would you want to go on a raid that drops 489?

For the other slots that are 476 or worse...
Reply Quote

There is a 483 for every single slot, every single one...

489 for every slot other than weapon and 1 trinket and ring

496 for half the slots.

Gearing buffs have a limited shelf life.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Mvura
Pretty much the gear you have now is fairly close to the gear you will have at 5.2, 4 more months of being stuck on the boss you are stuck on with little hope of nerfs seems a little daft.

Is this a thread about how the content is too hard?

I mean... you can get equivalent gear to that through dailies, then upgrade it all through gear upgrader.

If you still can't down the bosses I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU BRO.

No at that point it no longer is an issue of can you down that boss

its why would you want to?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
According to Ghostcrawler's tweet, though Blizzard would prefer players to progress through raids, we should be able to access the next tier of raiding with LFR 5.0 gear:

Ghostcrawler: @Atanae Want to err on the side of the former. If you want to do 5.2 raid, you can gear up in 5.0 LFR.

So for those of us not on the bleeding edge of raiding, we will have options.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

There is a 483 for every single slot, every single one...

489 for every slot other than weapon and 1 trinket and ring

496 for half the slots.

Gearing buffs have a limited shelf life.

You may not have those yet though. Just because it exists, doesn't mean it will drop.

I am a prime example. Essentially done with LFR MSV, except Will.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

Well.. uhm... whats the words im looking for again...
12/06/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Sarosha
Edited by Melenkor on 12/6/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I have a feeling that Ghostcrawler's comment in that interview is going to be seen quite often on the forums in the coming days.

And, collectively, the blues all scream out in unison, "Damn you's, Ghostcrawler! Damn you's all ta hell!"

It is possible my interpretation of the post was not completely accurate.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Somethings that gets me,
why is twitter the only place you guys discuss changes with players?

Why would anyone at blizzard make a comment on blizzards goals on twitter, and then on the forums someone else has to back track those comments?

We discuss upcoming changes on the forums with regularity--sometimes they're stickied posts, and sometimes they're comments in threads. Nor am I countermanding anything Ghostcrawler said. Heck, the synopsis on mmo-champion is as follows:

A rough idea of how long patches will take: 2 months for a content patch and 4 months for a patch with a new raid and PvP season. This is just a rough target, as there are many factors involved in determining when players are ready and the content is ready.

I'm simply emphasizing that these are goals, not absolutes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Somethings that gets me,

Why would anyone at blizzard make a comment on blizzards goals on twitter, and then on the forums someone else has to back track those comments?

We discuss upcoming changes on the forums with regularity--sometimes they're stickied posts, and sometimes they're comments in threads. Nor am I countermanding anything Ghostcrawler said. Heck, the synopsis on mmo-champion is as follows:

A rough idea of how long patches will take: 2 months for a content patch and 4 months for a patch with a new raid and PvP season. This is just a rough target, as there are many factors involved in determining when players are ready and the content is ready.

tl;dr - its going ot be 4+ months, besides you guys erally want this stuff out with tons of bugs right ? i know i do ;D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
To me it sounds like if there is a raid involved, it will take an extra 2 months. So we can expect our next patch.... wait for it... around April 1st ( 4 months after 5.1)... and then a non-raid patch around June 1st.

Of course, I realize he was just giving goals, and not absolutes.

As much as the devs talk about getting patches out faster, and I think we can all agree it is a good thing.. The real problem has always been that last patch and then waiting for the expansion... IMHO it has never been .0 to .1 to .2... that caused the problems. I wonder if the devs aren´t shooting themselves in the foot a bit by being so fast with patches... is this ultimately going to cause them to have another 9 month pause before the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just go with 4 months from the most recent patch. So figure around April. If it comes out sooner, just the more sweeter.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
With large raids coming out every four months and no progressive nerfs, I can't possibly complete it all in time...

...and that's great!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Somethings that gets me,

Wow Dax you are in firecontrol mode huh. People are going to complain either way. Six and one half dozen of the other.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

I'm fine with goals, I'm simply wondering is the GOAL 4 months from 5.0 (last raid) or 5.1 (last content patch)? So, overall is the GOAL 4 months between tiers or 6 months between tiers. It really helps some people plan :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
With large raids coming out every four months and no progressive nerfs, I can't possibly complete it all in time...

...and that's great!

Actually it would be a new raid tier every 6 months. But as others have pointed out.. there ARE nerfs. You are able to increase your ilvl with valor, able to earn 496 gear with the new faction and will have just your normal gear drops and set bonuses adding up.

I don´t think they need to do the 5% thing for awhile, but maybe they should look at adjusting the 1 or 2 fights that seem to be the major roadblock.

I am definitely not an elitest.. but if 1 guild can do something with 460 gear in 3 weeks, every guild should be able to accomplish with 496 gear in 6 months.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Every tier/season, barring major problems, will be about 4-6 months long. 4 is pretty optimistic but we'll see.

This one started in September so next tier could be as early as Jan/Feb.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
This wasnt clearly stated.

When is 5.2 slated to drop, 4 months from release or 4 months from 5.1?

Despite all the complaints, LFR has done a fairly good job of gearing people, especially if combined with dailies/sha/valor gear.

Now there is a rumor that 5.2 will be coming on test this month which would slate it for a feburary release.

Your gear isn't the issue with why you are stuck on elegon. So what you are really asking disguised behind all these others things are how soon are they gonna nerf content to make up for your raids lack of coordination? If the goal is 4 months then maybe next month you'll get a free pass to the next boss?
Edited by Reactable on 12/6/2012 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
More raids are good, but the gears (489) still behind the gated rep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]