Wild Boss Pets! possibly coming in patch 5.2

100 Orc Death Knight
Mentioned in Warcraftpets.com's interview with Cory Stockton (Mumper):
http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/cory-stockton-talks-pets-with-warcraftpets/

Interview Highlights:
  • Cory provided a sneak peak at the pet design process.
  • Future patches and expansions won't contain quite as many pets as we saw in MoP and 5.1.
  • Blizzard is very pleased with Pet Battles — more than 50% of players are participating.
  • Epic (and possibly legendary) pet qualities will definitely come, in time.
  • Pet gender may play a role down the road — think "cross-breeding" your pets.
  • Older pet models will see some updating (frogs and snakes were mentioned), possibly for 5.2.
  • Some wild pets will become tradable... eventually.
  • Wild "boss pet" encounters, where you’d use your entire team to take down an über pet, are in the works.
  • Dog-lovers rejoice! More traditional-style dog pets à la Perky Pug are on the horizon!

Also, Mumper's favorite pet is Minfernal...

..."I spent a ton of time trying to make sure that he was awesome and felt really cool, and also that he was extremely hard to get"...

It appears we have Mumper to thank!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Cool interview.

I know I wasn't personally looking forward to pet battling (even though I'm a bit of a collector), but have been enjoying it and I'm glad it looks like they'll be keeping on improving and adding to it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Oh Mumper <3. I think I'll rename Supremus Jr after you.

I am going to breed a Minfernal with a...well...everything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
WoW is gradually going to be pokemon.

Sounds good to me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
They already have the first bit ready in character creation "are you a boy, or a girl?".

Bring on the Exp.Share
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Too bad Minfernal is awful because he never hits with his Meteor Strike.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
That was a really cool interview. Enjoyed it very much.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/06/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Nomm
Epic (and possibly legendary) pet qualities will definitely come, in time.

no
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Rare boss mob? I still haven't seen a minfernal, I guess I'll never see a boss pet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/06/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Tangla
Epic (and possibly legendary) pet qualities will definitely come, in time.

no

Yes. Blizzard. "In time". Creators of Soon(tm).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/06/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Nerkiepaw
Rare boss mob? I still haven't seen a minfernal, I guess I'll never see a boss pet.

I am hoping those are going to be some sort of 'weekly' quest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Give us a legendary epic pet battle questline taking us and 3 pets of our choice on a journey through space, time, and ourselves.

Theme it of the pandaren idea of harmony "Be at one with yourself, and kinship with all dem tiny animals who fight to the death for your amusement". Let it give us one Epic Stone, which cannot be used until some serious criteria are achieved.

Or make it derpy, and have a gimmick "fights of warcraft" pet battle theme and gym, where we battle weekly monsters like "essence of deathwing" a lava octopus, "Chromatic abomination" a tiny chromatus, "Hogger, son of hogger" a Gnoll cub. Make them randomized from week to week, and ignore epic stones. I don't care. Just make it fun :3.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Offering my #4 male flayer youngling up for stud service.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Well, at least the Mobile possibility is on the table. Someday... someday...

Also I highly recommend that people listen to this, the bullet points are good but don't do it justice.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I would say mobile in 1.5 years minimum. That being said, be crazy impressed if they pull it off inside a year.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/06/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Crimsonmage
I would say mobile in 1.5 years minimum. That being said, be crazy impressed if they pull it off inside a year.
Oh, absolutely, I'd be surprised if we even see 1.5 years, if ever.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Mumper pls. Mumper corgi pet. pls. MUMPER PLEASE. Mumper I will booterang Zarhym for a corgi pet. (He tweeted at me once that he was gonna kick the next one he saw.)

That said, all these changes look rad. Cross-breeding? That'd be a fun way to get alternate colored pets.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Or an elementium plated minfernal. Aww yeah.

oh wow, we could have Minfernals mating to create the abyssal and supremus skins as a rare proc.

mind: BOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Oh Mumper <3. I think I'll rename Supremus Jr after you.

I am going to breed a Minfernal with a...well...everything.

Ha, nope! Blizzard will make them unbreedable in order to make sure they are still hard to get. >=D

But wow possibly legendary quality pets? I hope those are implemented well. I know there had been a stone datamined for epic quality so I am curious how the legendary quality would work. Hopefully more than just a simple stone that is just a low drop.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
If I breed a Minfernal and a Minfernal, I will get an abyssal or a Supremus. Not another Minfernal.

Also, some of them will be tradeable in future :P ? Ching Ching.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]