- Cory provided a sneak peak at the pet design process.
- Future patches and expansions won't contain quite as many pets as we saw in MoP and 5.1.
- Blizzard is very pleased with Pet Battles — more than 50% of players are participating.
- Epic (and possibly legendary) pet qualities will definitely come, in time.
- Pet gender may play a role down the road — think "cross-breeding" your pets.
- Older pet models will see some updating (frogs and snakes were mentioned), possibly for 5.2.
- Some wild pets will become tradable... eventually.
- Wild "boss pet" encounters, where you’d use your entire team to take down an über pet, are in the works.
- Dog-lovers rejoice! More traditional-style dog pets à la Perky Pug are on the horizon!
Also, Mumper's favorite pet is Minfernal...
..."I spent a ton of time trying to make sure that he was awesome and felt really cool, and also that he was extremely hard to get"...
It appears we have Mumper to thank!