Favorite And Least Favorite Tank

90 Undead Priest
12/07/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Xinxou
Are your monks using Healing Sphere on themselfs? Ox statue, and they have 2 other solid mitigations as well.

No, they're not, that's why I hate them.

Spinning Crane Kick everything!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
What about those DKs that never keybind Death Strike?
*cuts wrists*

IMO: DK > Druid > Monk > Paladin > Warrior

If tanks use their mitigation skills everyone will be just fine.

i click my deathstrikes.its still easy though since im a fast clicker
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haven't had a bear tank in ages, on any of my healers. Makes me quite sad, tbh. Might need to make that Druid alt after all.

My favorites are well-played DKs and Prots (both Pally and Warrior). Monks make me cringe whenever I see no statue, no usage of Guard or their brews.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They should add a tutorial for Brewmasters. Even if it is on the BlizzardCS youtube channel
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Guardian droods for me! I used to like Monks, back when the expansion had first came out and the only monk tanks that came into dungeons seemed to be top of the line (Or else, I was just lucky). Even though I'm back to leveling, the ones I've been seeing in my DPS level 90's groups have been doing increasingly poorly over time, and the ones I've been healing in my random dungeons have not been doing well either.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've seen a lot of monk tanks so far and have yet to come across a bad one, in fact just did a heroic a few days ago with a belf monk in quest blues and greens and he barely even needed any healing.

Just watch though, now that I've said that I'm going to get a horrible one
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Favorite = Druid.

Least favorite = Monk.

In between, I'd put the others roughly in the order of DK, Paladin, Warrior.. but very closely. The other 2 are way off the ends of the scale for me.

I'll admit, I've taken Dungeon Deserter a time or two when I enter a heroic and see a monk. There are times when I just don't feel like putting in the extra effort I know hey will inevitably need.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
DK that knows how to play > Paladin that knows how to play .......................>>>> warrior >>>>> druid >>>>> monk
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll admit, I've taken Dungeon Deserter a time or two when I enter a heroic and see a monk. There are times when I just don't feel like putting in the extra effort I know hey will inevitably need

I have a brewmaster monk friend that is BEYOND OP. Seriously. Zegreiart.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I love my pally tanks. Probably just because I enjoy my pally so much. Good warriors are awesome as well.

My least favorite tanks to heal are hunters. By a mile.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If the class is played better than it should be played, a Warrior is a thing of legend.

If a class is just played well, nothing spectacular, DK and Warrior are about equal, with the other three equal to each other.

If the class is played by someone who never once tanked, hasn't read a guide, but got geared up through running in a dps spec, I'll take a Druid, then a Paladin ... then Warrior. If it's a poorly played Monk or DK, I'll quit, then go cry in my bathroom until the hurting stops.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I hate healing monks now but I think it may be due to the fact that they are newest and a lot of players may not know how to play them
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Monks>DKs>Warriors>Paladins>Druids.

Monks give me Rapture the easiest. DK's require the least babysitting. Warriors are well rounded and passively mitigate a ton.

Paladins and Druids are kinda weird to me. Don't know why.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Basing preferences solely on class, I would say Blood DK as favorite, BM Monks as least favorite. BM Monks never seem to stop taking damage, meaning that at least some of the healer's attention must stay with the Monk at all times. That means it is that much trickier to save the hunter's/lock's pet that has most of the aggro anyway.

Did I mention that BM Monks can't hold aggro?

This screams to me "bad BM monk". Monks have truly absurd threat, particularly AoE. Constantly taking damage also screams to me "never purifies".

So ya, as others have pointed out, a bad BM monk is really really bad to heal. A good one is rock solid, though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Monks give me Rapture the easiest.

LOL
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
It would seem that a poorly played monk is everyone's least favorite tanking class. Probably because of the way monk tanking works as a whole. Not surprisingly, a lot of people dislike poorly played blood dks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]