Shadow Priests, or Priests in General

90 Pandaren Mage
I have a Priest leveled into the mid 40's, and I've been thinking about leveling it up to 90. I just have a few questions, and am hoping that I can get a thoughtful response to them. Thank you guys in advance :)

1. How would you describe the spec/class. Ex: fresh/fun/exciting/boring/dull/etc..

2. How mobile of casters are they? About how much of a percentage of DPS (or heals) could a Priest maintain while on the move?

3. What makes a Priest stand out compared to other classes/specs of similar roles?

4. What is the difficulty or learning curve of the class/spec?

Thanks for everyone's time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
1. Fun

2. the least mobile of the casters in DPS terms (locks teleport and gateways, mage blink priest can run a little faster with a feather or bubble yay :-\)
for heals, lot of instant casts. seems good for me at least on the move.

3.DPS - compared to lock/mage, not much stands out, have better self heals/heals in general compared to the others.
Heals - Stand out for me (disc) is the attonment after its buff, I seem to be seeing a lot of little bubbles on people all over the raid even if I am the only priest in the group :)

4. DPS - easy, you play a mage, I would guess its simmilar just need to learn the rotation that suits you.
Heals - Easy again, its more dependent on your knowledge of the game rather than the spec (I.E when to use spirit shell to absord a lot of the incomming AOE on raid damage, things like that)

So what I find (others can disagree/agree whatever) that priests are a fun class for casual players that like to do LFR/heroic instances as heals or DPS and can interchange between the 2 easy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
this guy summed it up perfectly.

My first toon was a mage before i made my priest, theres so much more depth to priests then there is to mages that i hate playing my mage now because its just so limited.

I can't emphasise enough how much depth there is to priests, especially when it comes to healing you look at our top heals and theres like 3x as many heals that we use compared to the other healing classes i think druids have like 3 or 4 main heals which must be fun to play :S
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
this guy summed it up perfectly.

My first toon was a mage before i made my priest, theres so much more depth to priests then there is to mages that i hate playing my mage now because its just so limited.

I can't emphasise enough how much depth there is to priests, especially when it comes to healing you look at our top heals and theres like 3x as many heals that we use compared to the other healing classes i think druids have like 3 or 4 main heals which must be fun to play :S

I got extremely bored with my druid healing...it's way too easy and simple. You can spam Wild Growth mindlessly and easily top the charts. For beginners who want to play a healer, I think this would be a great class.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
As a strictly shadow priest playing casually in random bg's . . .

I used to play locks, because they were fun. Fell out of love with the locks after Cata hit and tried several other classes. Priest is the most fun.

For one on one type fighting in bg's I find I'm very mobile, if I need to be. Of course, there's a lot of fun to be had stationary casting with your team. I also have a mage (hate to play her) and she's more mobile, less fun.

For me, going from a Wrath style lock to a Cata shadow priest was easy peasy. I guess it depends on your play style how easy it is to learn. I found it easy to start, but lots of stuff to learn and master as you go. And MoP has been fairly kind to spriests, I find.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]