Dark Summoner

90 Orc Warrior
Can go choke on a D*%k. Honestly the Shadowbolt damage is outrageous. Ghost spawns are garbage plus you have to keyboard turn so you can actually keep your flashlight on the ghosts. You turn for a second and you get melee'd from 20 yards out. Super fun. I'm not saying it's impossible for warriors (or melee in general) but it's pretty effing hard.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've done countless attempts on this guy and almost all of my abilities aren't critting on either the ghosts or the summoner. Would be nice to actually see his health bar move. What a joke blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It only gets worse. Rank8 bosses are just as frustrating as Dark Summoner for melee (pre-nerf).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Dark summoner is a pain sure, just make sure you keep him towards the middle and just slowly work your way around to stack up ghosts as the fight goes on. you only have to shine the light on one to stun it for 3 seconds so use that to your advantage. use all your cooldowns after you kill the first ghost. it took me probably 6 tries to finally get it right.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What is this? A Luigi's Mansion boss?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'd rather work on rank 8 bosses than being stuck on this douche. I just don't have enough self healing to stay alive. Pretty ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Having issues with this boss aswell, ghosts keep killing me 10-15y away or THROUGH fears while the light is right on them.

That or I get the most retarded spawns on top of me (or INSIDE the boss which apparently blocks the light completly) sometimes the light dissapears even if it is still active.

To make it worse the beam won't follow where you are facing while you strafe... who thought of this?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Second wind and victory rush should be plenty to keep you alive. That worked for warriors before they reduced his damage, so it should work now.

I personally recommend just killing ghosts as they spawn until he gets to low health.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just do it as Prot. You don't need tanking gear. Just a spec is fine. The ghosts hit for about 500k, so while that is a one-shot on any non-tank, any tank can take at least one hit.

What I did was I shone the beam on the first ghost, killed it, then stayed on boss. The second add I let it melee on me with defensive cooldowns up, gained a boatload of vengeance from it then killed it in two hits and bursted the boss down. I didn't kill the boss then but for the third add I just did the same thing, let it hit me while I had cds up, build some vengeance, kill it then boss. I probably had about 100k from vengeance almost that entire fight.
Edited by Sliphe on 12/7/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I can't figure this boss out. I've hit enrage a few times sub 500k HP, but there are just too many cheap deaths and RNG for me to continue making attempts. I probably won't bother with the Brawler's guild anymore until I actually get a PvE dps set. But with item upgrades, that could take a while.

It feels so awkward having to back peddle so much and keyboard turn at times, unless I'm doing something very wrong. I may have been able to beat the fight pre nerf if the light's width was just increased. Having watched several ranged kill him, it seems like they very rarely need to use the light, or waste time lining them up when a trio of ghosts inevitably group up around him towards the end.

My biggest complaint would be how the direction of the light changes 90 degrees when you strafe. So if there is a ghost in front of you, you are instantly killed if you strafe. What dev thought that was a good idea?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's kinda funny, I may have to rebind my turn keys to get it down. Mouse turning and strafing gets me killed every time; I'm hitting the !@#$%^- ghost in the face, I shift left slightly, I die.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Dark summoner was pretty brutal for sure, but tbh she always seemed possible. The new version of battletron is outright insane.

You got the mad dps check (which on it's own if fine, i can cover it pretty easy) but the 200k i take from blowing up the orbs and the consistant 40-50k ticks just eventually kill me

and i can't death strikes too much due to cost and it doesn't really heal all that much.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Took me a few attempts to kill him as WW on this guy, but I downed him.
Getting meleed by ghosts when moving the lightbeam >1 yards from them was getting extremely annoying.
Battletron is a roadblock for anyone under 90k dps though.
Edited by Kegfist on 12/8/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/06/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Hammydons
I'd rather work on rank 8 bosses than being stuck on this douche. I just don't have enough self healing to stay alive. Pretty ridiculous.

Oh really? Sounds like you need more gear.

What makes you think all the bosses need to be killable already?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I literally 1 shot Dark Summoner, and have seen skilled melee have zero issue with him.
However Battletron (post-buff) is impossible in my current gear (not mechanics but the enrage is unreachable if you don't have serious burst CDs). So at least be happy you can kill the boss once you learn to play as well as the next :D
Edited by Poena on 12/8/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
12/08/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Liax
What makes you think all the bosses need to be killable already?

Because they have already been killed... until they buff many of them to unkillable levels.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Not enough self healing is what's killing you? I keep getting hit from across the room by the ghosts and i don't understand what is going on with that. Best i've done is get him to half health. I've tried focusing on the ghosts as soon as they spawn, or just trying to pile them up and focus him and only kill a ghost when his shield is up. Fail either way
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/06/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Hammydons

Second Wind will keep you alive through Dark Summoner's barrage. What's happening is the ghosts do 600k dmg per "melee" hit, which seems to be from up to 8yrds away...
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
an encounter that is unfavorable to melee

cant say im surprised.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]