Well? Fire Mages.

90 Human Mage
12/07/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Batar

Always nice to feel the love for my spec.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
everyone knows arcane is boring as shyt =-= im not trashing it lol just sayin its a 1 2 and 3 button process, i like to have alot of moves at my disposal like warriors do, or boomkins
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
12/07/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Creedanse
everyone knows arcane is boring as shyt =-= im not trashing it lol just sayin its a 1 2 and 3 button process, i like to have alot of moves at my disposal like warriors do, or boomkins

Fire rotation have some mystery buttons im not aware of? isnt it 111123111111231123?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
^

Keeping it to the base rotations, Fire has Fireball, Inferno Blast, Pyroblast, and Bomb. Arcane has Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage OR Scorch (depending on rotational preference), and Bomb. I'm not seeing much difference. How often you press each button depends on procs for both specs, so they're really the same. Also, don't say Scorch for Fire, because that's only used during movement, and we're talking about the base rotation here.

Using the rotation as an excuse for Arcane being boring is no longer valid. I'm sure most people who say it's boring are just sad that they can't see chain Pyroblasts anymore.
Edited by Dezmoneka on 12/7/2012 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
^

Keeping it to the base rotations, Fire has Fireball, Inferno Blast, Pyroblast, and Bomb. Arcane has Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage OR Scorch (depending on rotational preference), and Bomb. I'm not seeing much difference. How often you press each button depends on procs for both specs, so they're really the same. Also, don't say Scorch for Fire, because that's only used during movement, and we're talking about the base rotation here.

Using the rotation as an excuse for Arcane being boring is no longer valid. I'm sure most people who say it's boring are just sad that they can't see chain Pyroblasts anymore.

Its still valid. I dislike Arcane because my rotation is basically just Arcane Blast. Everything else I cast is just making sure I keep my mana high enough to keep Arcane Blast hitting hard and the other buttons like Bomb or Arcane Missiles are just a means to that end. Its not about the quantity of buttons, its what they mean. I'm not rewarded in my Arcane rotation except in light of the fact that I get to cast more Arcane blasts in a sequence. It is very different from Fire or Frost where they specs have payoff with higher damage spells.
Reply Quote
^

Its still valid. I dislike Arcane because my rotation is basically just Arcane Blast. Everything else I cast is just making sure I keep my mana high enough to keep Arcane Blast hitting hard and the other buttons like Bomb or Arcane Missiles are just a means to that end. Its not about the quantity of buttons, its what they mean. I'm not rewarded in my Arcane rotation except in light of the fact that I get to cast more Arcane blasts in a sequence. It is very different from Fire or Frost where they specs have payoff with higher damage spells.

You do know AM is pound for pound your hardest hitting ability right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

And yet its still prioritized below Arcane Blast as a mana conservation spell in the rotation.
Reply Quote

And yet its still prioritized below Arcane Blast as a mana conservation spell in the rotation.

Because you can't freely cast it whenever you want. Was Pyroblast prioritized over Fireball in the spell rotation?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Because you can't freely cast it whenever you want. Was Pyroblast prioritized over Fireball in the spell rotation?

Yes, Pyroblast was. In fact the whole Fire rotation was a means to getting more Pyroblasts which meant higher ignites and pyroblast dots. Heck, Pyroblast's DPET hard casted was higher than Fireball if you didn't have the DoT up. If you ask a player what is the most important part of a Fire mage's rotation, they'll tell you "Pyroblast". If you ask a Frost Mage its "FoF/BF". If you ask an Arcane mage its "Arcane Blast". One of these is a filler, the others are something to work towards. I honestly don't see how you aren't seeing the difference between the mage specs rotationally.
Reply Quote

Yes, Pyroblast was. In fact the whole Fire rotation was a means to getting more Pyroblasts which meant higher ignites and pyroblast dots. Heck, Pyroblast's DPET hard casted was higher than Fireball if you didn't have the DoT up. If you ask a player what is the most important part of a Fire mage's rotation, they'll tell you "Pyroblast". If you ask a Frost Mage its "FoF/BF". If you ask an Arcane mage its "Arcane Blast". One of these is a filler, the others are something to work towards. I honestly don't see how you aren't seeing the difference between the mage specs rotationally.

I do see the difference, but the thing you're not getting is that the whole point of the Arcane rotation is not how many Arcane Blasts you can get in 'a sequence'.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

I do see the difference, but the thing you're not getting is that the whole point of the Arcane rotation is not how many Arcane Blasts you can get in 'a sequence'.

The arcane rotation isn't all about arcane blast? Anyone else have any thoughts on that? Because to me that's a crazy thing to say. If maintaining Arcane Blast isn't the crux of the Arcane rotation we wouldn't have numerous postings on scorch weaving.
Reply Quote

The arcane rotation isn't all about arcane blast? Anyone else have any thoughts on that? Because to me that's a crazy thing to say. If maintaining Arcane Blast isn't the crux of the Arcane rotation we wouldn't have numerous postings on scorch weaving.

Way to twist my words there. I don't know why I'm still arguing with you. If you can't play Arcane, don't. I'm done, rofl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Way to twist my words there. I don't know why I'm still arguing with you. If you can't play Arcane, don't. I'm done, rofl.

At what point did I say I "can't play Arcane"? I said I didn't enjoy the spec because it doesn't build to anything meaningful, its just spamming as much filler as you can get away with. You're attempting to argue this point by saying Arcane Blast isn't the spell the entire rotation is defined by, something blatantly false and patently absurd.
Reply Quote

At what point did I say I "can't play Arcane"? I said I didn't enjoy the spec because it doesn't build to anything meaningful, its just spamming as much filler as you can get away with. You're attempting to argue this point by saying Arcane Blast isn't the spell the entire rotation is defined by, something blatantly false and patently absurd.

Read all my posts and tell me, when did I say Arcane Blast wasn't the most important spell? I just argued the fact that you said it was the only one that was notable in the rotation, and that AM and the other spells were a means to that end. If you see the logs of anybody who has any idea of how the spec works, you will see that Arcane Missiles does about the same, if not more/a little bit less damage than Arcane Blast. I never did once say that Arcane Blast wasn't what the rotation was defined by, but it also isn't the most important spell, they all work and synergize to give the most damage output.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

Fire rotation have some mystery buttons im not aware of? isnt it 111123111111231123?

^ This...

Arcane is not just 1 2 and 3 button process, i bet that you are doing the rotation wrong...

Also fire is not 1 2 3 either...

They both have differences, i preffer fire but by the moment i have to play on Arcane since this 5.1 kick in our you know where.
Edited by Pksillo on 12/7/2012 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Read all my posts and tell me, when did I say Arcane Blast wasn't the most important spell? I just argued the fact that you said it was the only one that was notable in the rotation, and that AM and the other spells were a means to that end. If you see the logs of anybody who has any idea of how the spec works, you will see that Arcane Missiles does about the same, if not more/a little bit less damage than Arcane Blast. I never did once say that Arcane Blast wasn't what the rotation was defined by, but it also isn't the most important spell, they all work and synergize to give the most damage output.

I'm bored now. I feel I've adequately made my point. The funny thing is looking over Arcane logs demonstrates to every person complaining about the "2 button rotation" exactly what they're complaining about. 80% of Arcane's damage comes from 2 buttons, half or more of which is a filler spell. To me its just silly trying to argue how "dynamic and complex" the arcane rotation is. I can look at any ranking Arcane mage's parse and see that's just hot air or denialism. I don't see the use in arguing this point further, you either get why people dislike arcane or you don't. You clearly don't. Just like I understood why people didn't like fire. I didn't spend time trying to convince them the spec was something it wasn't.
Reply Quote

I'm bored now. I feel I've adequately made my point. The funny thing is looking over Arcane logs demonstrates to every person complaining about the "2 button rotation" exactly what they're complaining about. 80% of Arcane's damage comes from 2 buttons, half or more of which is a filler spell. To me its just silly trying to argue how "dynamic and complex" the arcane rotation is. I can look at any ranking Arcane mage's parse and see that's just hot air or denialism. I don't see the use in arguing this point further, you either get why people dislike arcane or you don't. You clearly don't. Just like I understood why people didn't like fire. I didn't spend time trying to convince them the spec was something it wasn't.

Because fire wasn't a "two button rotation" [(Arcane Blast, Mage Bomb, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage, Scorch)/(Fireball, Inferno Blast, Mage Bomb, Pyroblast, Combustion)], Just to mention a few. Arcane has the same complexity the two other specs have, whether it may even be complex or not. The fact is, and remains, that Arcane Blast isn't completely what the arcane rotation revolves around, and there is no way you can disprove or argue against that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Arcane has #@!%#!%@. It's a mind numbing spec that I wouldn't impose on the mentally disabled.

The dps from arcane does come from TWO BUTTONS, yes? It is a two button rotation with glitter thrown in to distract you from the carpal tunnel syndrome you are receiving from the repetition.

Regardless, Fire is broken, frost is a defensive spec, and arcane would put a corpse to sleep. There's no upside here girls. No point in arguing over rotten meat. It's all rotten no matter which way you cut it. We're now on the bottom, and if you are newbie spec'd or boredom spec'd, you get to occupy the middle of the dps ladder. Oh Happy Fkin Day! Move on.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I have to work way too hard with Fire to get a barely respectable number. I don't have to be as on pace with Arcane to pull great numbers. A lot of investment for little return. I love fire, and have since Vanilla, but it's just not fun to play right now. For everything Fire has to manage, it should be giving me DPS at least as high as Arcane.

The end of Wrath was great for Fire because your crit rate was over 50% and it was fun to keep hitting that Pyroblast button. After the nerf, I have way too many things to manage and I don't have anything to show for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]