So wheres the Resto Druid QQ?

90 Tauren Paladin
I'm surprised I don't see more qq over resto druids. I think they are wayyyy above the other healers in pvp. They have a ton of defensive abilities, never seem to run out of mana, instant cast cc, very good Hots for when they are cc'd. I almost feel bad complaining about them bc of how bad they were in cata but not they seem pretty op to me and i can't believe they nerf shammy totems yet continue to ignore druids. I just arena to to mess around but every time I get a resto druid team I thank god they reduced the areana time to 25 min.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, honestly. If rdruids get toned down and Pally CC gets a slight nerf, I think we will have very well balanced healers overall. Those 2 specs are just overshadowing every other healer atm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
September-October.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
druids with hots up were almost unkillable at the end of the last expansion, so you had to clear the hots via dispels, stun, and kill them. currently damage cant be out healed by lolhots alone, so druids, when under pressure, need to run like hell and eventually cast. otherwise they will end up dying. (unless they go for a gamble and glyph lifebloom for big blooms)

if a druid is outhealing the damage with hots alone, you are doing something wrong... you don't mention what dps you have or if you do 2s or 3s. but on 2s i can only see unholy dks having a REAL nightmare of a problem killing a druid. on 3s even crap range damage can put a resto druid in "omg i need to actually cast something or i will die" mode.

it is true that the whole "lol shapeshift lol" is kinda OP, but its their trademark skill. and like i said, only dks really suffer it. frost mages just keep pounding the druid till he dies on a cs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I play a resto druid, and regularly have my !@# handed to me. Not 1v1, but any two DPS who know their jobs are going to send me to the graveyard very quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Displacer beast and Symbiosis need to be toned down quite a bit. Inb4frostbomb
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
LEAVE RESTO DRUIDS ALONE!

They are our leafy cute friends!!! The only thing that needs to be changed is the animation for tee form. -Having a nasty purple looking broccoli stalk running around throwing it's hands up is very...unflattering. Oh and add an animation where leaves fall in a trail behind them every time you hit them, along with the sound of falling timber should you ever kill one would be awesome! =D

*Edit Miss-spelled "timber"
Edited by Mzfrigidaire on 12/5/2012 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
people are to busy qq'ing about mages and warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
you can kill a resto druid pretty easily. Displacer beast is more annoying than it is overpowered, without it they just crumple. All you have to do with a resto druid is swap targets and they can't deal with it.

They have strong mobility and tools to get away from players which I think irritates people more than the tankier healers. If druids couldn't get away like they do they would die pretty quickly, its just a part of their survivability.

Shamans and Holy paladins overall are better pvp healers. I think rdruids are probably the most close to balanced spec.
Edited by Cørnbread on 12/5/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Everseek
druids with hots up were almost unkillable at the end of the last expansion

I don't know what to say to this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Cørnbread
All you have to do with a resto druid is swap targets and they can't deal with it.

This.

Resto druids are ill equipped to handle being to swapped onto unless we have CDs. Keep switching to them, especially with a stun and a bit of burst and they will drop.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I don't have a problem killing a resto druid 1v1 - the problem is that I play 2s with a disc and and 99% of the time the resto is paired with a warrior or a dk. my healer can survive fine against a warrior for a really long time (usually dismantle/blind/redirect kidney their burst) but the mana regen just isn't there. meanwhile if i try bursting the resto i get intervene/charge + shockwave into a cyclone and the warrior is back on my healer in time to interrupt a flash heal (seriously that !@#$ is crazy to watch - makes a little V shape with the flames! ). VS a DK, my healer can't put up with the sustained damage of constant 80k obliterates. I usually can't put enough pressure on the dk to pop lichborne+ death pact before i burst, so i just watch as my healers mana goes away. If i go on the druid i will get death grip > chains of ice > death grip while the druid runs around in circles.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I personally think Druid have the worse throughput in arena.
Their mobility however, very high

Pally have really high Throughput, while mobility is so so.

Shammy is like druid/pally best traits combined

Disc needed help, but probably focus will put them in line with others
Edited by Dynalon on 12/5/2012 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
-So far the complaints are that our hots outheal dmg (dispellable hots, and decent dps should be able to outdmg it.

-Warriors and Dk's dmg/abilities make it hard when they have a druid. Same could be said if they had a few different healer classes by their side.

-Another complaint that someone plays with a disc, and verses a druid healer on other team with a decent hi dmg dps partner. Disc is weak at the moment in a few areas. druids fault, no. Buff the disc a little.

- Sure i dont run outta mana, but i have all spirit + jade enchant and dont overheal all too much if i can help it. I run with a mage so we CC as much as we can to try to control the game.
I could say other teams are just as hard or worse, but theyre just playing to different strengths, double dps, or other cc teams or dmg + cc

- Our mobility? without it wed drop like a sack of S#!^.

- Symbiosis only suits a few combinations, and barely ever does it suit both people. Your either using it for yourself(in my case iceblock for a Defensive) or to your partner for a extra little bonus usually on a longish CD.

-Insta CC, all of which basically involves talenting of some kind, and all breaks on dmg(except cyclone which protects your form dmg). The only cc that is purely insta(based on cast time) is natures grasp, which needs a hit on us to trigger.
The rest is talented. None of the talented i find as usefull as some of their counterparts.
All my casted CC i can start as insta with natures swiftness if i dont think ill need the insta(with NS) healing touch.

Our healing class works, everything is there for a reason, and it all flows pretty well.
I could talent more cc, but i dont need it when teams with a mage.
When teamed with a dps with less CC, i would need some of the extra insta CC.

Ours works, noticed some priests need help with mana issues, but they have a fair few cc's themselves, insta casts.
Shammy healers prolly need their own totem instead of sharing them with dmg specs so a blanket nerf wont affect their specific ability. not sure what else shammies need to be a lil better.
Pallys seem fine, aslong as their partner doesnt just leave them out to dry.
Monks seemed strong early, i got no idea what happened to them tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox

most intelligent post in the thread.

Druids are fine. You see Druids need all their tricks because they have nowhere NEAR the healing throughput of pally and shammy. I watch pally shammy streams and they get 150k heals with instants or very short cast like they're candy. Resto Druids can't get anywhere near that.

Also OP what is this "instant cc" resto Druids have? Bash or DO are the only ones (can have one or the other) but they have a 30-60 second CD. Cyclone has a cast time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
12/05/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Everseek
druids with hots up were almost unkillable at the end of the last expansion

Did you play at all last expansion? in 3v3 druids were by far the worst healer. They could be killed by any 2 DPS in the game.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
12/05/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Maxximuss
I'm surprised I don't see more qq over resto druids. I think they are wayyyy above the other healers in pvp. They have a ton of defensive abilities, never seem to run out of mana, instant cast cc, very good Hots for when they are cc'd. I almost feel bad complaining about them bc of how bad they were in cata but not they seem pretty op to me and i can't believe they nerf shammy totems yet continue to ignore druids. I just arena to to mess around but every time I get a resto druid team I thank god they reduced the areana time to 25 min.
The thing is rdruids are just more annoying than they are powerful, they have some of the best offensive CC in the game (Minus paladins, whom only are superior on a cooldown).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

most intelligent post in the thread.
Edited by Aurune on 12/5/2012 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]