my password.

90 Human Death Knight
I have to change my password at least twice a weak and it is so damn annoying. I have to change it because when i am browsing the forums at school or at a friends house on my phone, not even connected to their wifi, i try to log in to the forums to comment on a post and apparently due to suspicious log in activies on my account i am forced to change my password.
it is a little ridiculous that anywhere i log onto my account that is not on my main computer i have to change my password.

This is really annoying and i hope i can get this fixed because i want to be able to log onto my forums account from other places without having to change my password all the time. is this a bug or what?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
There is nothing to be fixed, and there isn't anything broken. They system is working as intended. Get an authenticator and sign up for SMS protect to reduce the chances of it happening.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Rep
is this a bug or what?

Nope. It is a security measure.

Add an authenticator to your account if you would like the lockouts to lessen.

Also, add the SMS protect feature so that you can unlock your account with a text message rather than with a password reset.
Edited by Musashi on 12/5/2012 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
tell me more about this sms feature. No i do not want an authenticator on my account because i do not feel like having to get a digital code everytime i want to play. I just simply want to be able to log onto the forums on my phone when im not at home without having to change my password every time..

does this sms feature just send me a text message and i have to reply to it or something to log on instead of it automatically locking me off of my account and changing my password?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You only have to put in an authenticator code once a week, and it sounds like you already have a smart phone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yes i do, i have the iphone 5. i thought i had to buy the little keychain authenticator thing lol? or is there a way to get it on my iphone now

EDIT: is the sms thing that the panderen person up there and authenticator the same thing or two different things?
Edited by Rep on 12/5/2012 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
12/05/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Rep
i thought i had to buy the little keychain authenticator thing lol? or is there a way to get it on my iphone now

No, you don't have to get the keyfob, you can download the B-net authenticator through iTunes or Google Play at no cost to yourself. You only need a working data connection (wi-fi works fine) for initial set-up and any occasional re-syncing you may need to do.

12/05/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Rep
EDIT: is the sms thing that the panderen person up there and authenticator the same thing or two different things?

Two different things, but its available through Account Management... somewhere. I can't remember :P
Edited by Thelootgnome on 12/5/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]