Blood Tanking Mastery\Stamina?

90 Human Death Knight
Just how much Mastery should I have before I worry about Stamina for Reg10\25 mans?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
There isn't a particular number to go for, and it's actually the other way around. You make sure you have enough Stamina for effective health to live through the big hits and/or spikes, and then you stack Mastery endlessly from there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
More stamina you have the more you can heal with death strike which the more mastery you have the bigger your shield is going to be. So... yeah :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/05/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Fálrin
More stamina you have the more you can heal with death strike which the more mastery you have the bigger your shield is going to be. So... yeah :)

That's only partially correct Fálrin, and you're missing part of how Death Strike works. Stamina affects how big your BASE Death Strike heal is, but as you take damage your heal size fluctuates and is typically above that base number. Mastery increases the size of the shield based on that fluctuating heal.
Edited by Manarri on 12/5/2012 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well right now I got 532k Health Unbuffed is that good or should I get more then go for more Mastery?
Edited by Wyver on 12/5/2012 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Wyver, I would say that you probably have plenty of health for raids and should just stack Mastery. You might even be close enough to the point that you don't need to use the Stamina flask anymore, in favor of the Mastery and armor elixirs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I was more referring to the period of time you can increase the heal of your death strike from damage to you. My wording sometimes comes out bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thank you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]