Looking for Quest-line guide

85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm leveling up a new character and I feel like I've missed some important quests.
I'm at level 77 now and I haven't been able to get the Wrathgate quest. I'm ahead of my level for quests, and I'm skipping a couple zones. I'm alliance on Illidan, by the way.

What I'm looking for is similar to this:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Long,_exceptional,_or_hidden_questlines
or this
http://pc.gamespy.com/guides/wowat60/

But for WotLK, Cataclysm, and the new expansion.
Can someone please give me some resources so I don't miss out on the most important quests?

Thanks so much.
Edited by Tiberiasfury on 12/6/2012 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Tiberiasfury
I'm at level 77 now and I haven't been able to get the Wrathgate quest. I'm ahead of my level for quests, and I'm skipping a couple zones.

The wrathgate quest only opens up at the end of the Dragonblight zone. The quest line ends at the end of wrathgate, the next stage of that quest line "battle for undercity" has been removed from the game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I knew that. I've done most of the quests in Dragonblight but I've skipped some, since I'm too high level. There are other quests other than Wrathgate that I want to complete, too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Tiberiasfury
I've done most of the quests in Dragonblight but I've skipped some, since I'm too high level.

Go back, turn on the "low level quests" option in your mini-map, and finish up those quests you left behind in Dragonblight, then you'll be able to do the wrathgate quest.

With many of the quest zones being streamlined now, there's very little in the way of "hidden quests". The only one I can think of that may be kinda hidden is the random drop in Westfall that starts the westfall treasure hunt quest chain.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
That doesn't answer my question.
I've been searching on google and other search engines for an hour, looking for quest guides.

How do I find say, the top 10 quest chains of WotLK? The ones that I absolutely have to do?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Tiberiasfury
How do I find say, the top 10 quest chains of WotLK? The ones that I absolutely have to do?

There aren't any. There are no quest chains anywhere in the game that are required other than those in the instanced starting areas (goblin, worgen, pandaren, death knight). You can level from 1-90 entirely in dungeons, battlegrounds, or heck even through farming herbalism/mining nodes if you really wanted to. There are some quests that are required for a certain reps, if you care about that rep, but most players don't care about reps from the older content.

If by "have to do" you mean "OMG this quest chain is so awesome and epic it's a shame to skip it" well, everyone is going to have their own list of those. And while there may be significant overlaps between such lists, no two lists are going to be in complete agreement.
Edited by Avanna on 12/6/2012 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
12/06/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Tiberiasfury
The ones that I absolutely have to do?

Quite honestly, there aren't any that you have to do.

There are no quests which are really important, unless you want to unlock specific vendors which require questing to unlock.

Perhaps it would benefit you to do the Loremaster achievements for each zone if you don't want to miss anything?
(Keeping in mind that even once you've obtained the achievement for each zone, most zones will still have more quests available)

The best quest chain I can think of, starts with a hard to obtain drop Battered Hilt
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
At 77, you can go to K3 and speak with Gretchen Fizzlespark inside the inn to pick up "They Took Our Men!", which starts the Sons of Hodir questline and provides backstory for Ulduar. And 76 is when the "Where in the World is Hemet Nesingwary?" breadcrumb becomes available from Archmage Pentarus near the FP in Dalaran, which gets you started in Sholazar Basin; killing Pitch (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=28097, whether or not you're sent to check on him first) starts the quest chain that leads to doing dailies for the Oracles or Frenzyheart. I don't remember how the Icecrown questing starts, but IIRC there's a breadcrumb to the Argent quest hub near Dalaran, that may be part of Loremaster.

80-85 is pretty linear, although from what I understand the experience needed to reach 85 has been reduced so you probably won't do all of those zones either, and you'd need to choose between Hyjal and Vash.

Another option is to poke around Wowhead and check the comments for various zones, individual quests, and the quest achievements. And you can always turn off your EXP gain for a while by speaking with Slahtz in Org, if you want to prevent out-leveling places so often.

Also, Wrathgate starts fairly early in Dragonblight, and involves most of the questing there. This shows the Horde chain progression, with "Darkness Stirs" and up being the removed content:
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=547
Edited by Drewb on 12/6/2012 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
Also, just in case your curious about a listing of all the quests in a zone, wowhead will list them when you look up particular zones. While this won't immediately show the chain, looking at particular quests will if it is part of a chain.
Reply Quote
77 Orc Hunter
There are several addons now that will tell you what quests you haven't completed in a zone. Questcompletionist comes to mind, but there are others.
wowhead.com will show you where a quest sits within a chain and has links to all the others within the chain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]