Master on mature filter.

90 Undead Monk
So I got my self a infinite whelping and I wanted to name it The Master.
When I put in the name it tells me "That name contains mature language. Enter a new name"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
It says mature language, but it probably means a title. You can't use titles in pet names.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
name it "The Child" that's not mature.. i mean it's a child. =)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
That's insane...but not as insane as someone having Nuts the squirrel, changing his name to something else and wanting to change it back to Nuts and that getting rejected for mature language.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
When I put in the name it tells me "That name contains mature language. Enter a new name"

The naming filter also filters titles, though the error notification could be more well phrased to indicate why a name including a title was rejected.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/06/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Lignar
That's insane...but not as insane as someone having Nuts the squirrel, changing his name to something else and wanting to change it back to Nuts and that getting rejected for mature language.

/facepalm at you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I couldn't name my Terrible Turnip Weed or Weeds because of that filter...
Edited by Dremin on 12/6/2012 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
12/06/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Lmcm

/facepalm at you.

Wasnt me, I've not renamed any of my pets
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I couldn't name my Darkmoon Monkey MrPeepers or Peepers or Mr Peepers.
I've no idea why.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What happens if you name him The Maestro?

That sounds more sinister anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

As far as I know you also can't use any name with "The ________".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/06/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Klimpt
yet I can name my lil smokey "Lung Cancer"

I find that offensive. Mostly because it makes me really want a cigarette but I quit a while back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Dremin
I couldn't name my Terrible Turnip Weed or Weeds because of that filter...

Audrey was reserved as well.... :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

The naming filter also filters titles, though the error notification could be more well phrased to indicate why a name including a title was rejected.

Thanks for the reply.
Is there a chance you guys will relax the filter? I can understand why the name I want cant be used but like others have said in this thread there some words that cant be used.

Maybe if it was a green Kun-lai Runt
Edited by Pàngzi on 12/6/2012 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

As far as I know you also can't use any name with "The ________".

Tested and this seems to be true. "The ___" seems to be reserved no matter what (though not mature).

"Maestro" works just fine though.

My Cinder kitten is now named "Evil Maestro" so thank you OP, for starting a thread that inspired such a wickely perfect name for my new little one.
Edited by Hippeaux on 12/6/2012 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I usually don't like you,

blush
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Blizzard's naming policy sucks, flat out. I like the fact that we can't have vulgar names or use numbers in our names...but their "blacklisted" names, including sur-names and titles, is just ridiculous.

The, Sir/Ser, Lord, Lady, Master, Mistress etc. are all very real and very unoffensive titles. I never understood exactly why we cannot use them.

"We don't need a bunch of Paladins named Sirshinypants or Worgen Warlocks named Lorddarkflame running around! THEY'RE NOT A REAL KNIGHT OR LANDOWNER! JUST A PALADIN AND A WARLOCK WITH A SILLY NAME!!!

But then what about silly/stupid names like a shadow priest with no healing spec named "Iholyhealu"...
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
I suspect the code looks something like this. I'll write it in Java since I'm more familiar with it than C++.

public void setName(String name) {
// TODO: Have isValidName return an int detailing the ways in which it might not be valid.
// Run a switch statement to treat individual cases differently.
if (isValidName(name)) {
this.name = name;
} else {
// What 'cha gonna do?
throw new BadNameException("That name contains mature language. Enter a new name");
}
}

Edit: Fixed so it would likely compile. Someone asked me to look at some javascript very recently so now I'm all confused, even more than usual.
Edited by Kahzregi on 12/6/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]