Alchemy Transmute Procs

I noticed that when i do my transmutes, about 25 a day, the later in the day i do them the fewer procs i get, sometimes none at all. But the earlier in the day i do them the more procs i get. Did something change with transmutes?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
nothing has changed, the amount of procs you get is unrelated to the time of day.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Why are people so determined to find special meaning in observed small-sample deviations?

The proc chance is constant. Period. Fín. The end.

You are not a special butterfly, the game does not have it out for you, nothing about your experience whatesoever implies that there is anything more to these structured random occurrences than a simple dice roll.

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
True, I think it's based on something called "Monte Carlo returns" or something, you have about a 15% chance of proccing, and each of those procs have another 15% to proc another.
I think that it's capped at 5 though, since thats the most I ever see with it.

Though I do wish there was a way to control it, or feed more mats for a guaranteed proc, like an additional 75% of the original cost to get two. I get ragey after I transmute a ton of trillium and Primal diamonds, and get a 5x proc on one Saronite to Titanium Xmute.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Tendays
The proc chance is constant. Period. Fín. The end.

Correct. But just in case, I think I might start transmuting in the morning.
Reply Quote

You are not a special butterfly, the game does not have it out for you, nothing about your experience whatesoever implies that there is anything more to these structured random occurrences than a simple dice roll.

That is all.

i dont know whether to be offended at this post or laugh it off as a post from a kid. If you read my original post sir i asked for information about procs in WoW, infomation i did not have. i was not waxing exotic about superstition or assuming anything.

True, I think it's based on something called "Monte Carlo returns" or something, you have about a 15% chance of proccing, and each of those procs have another 15% to proc another.
I think that it's capped at 5 though, since thats the most I ever see with it.

Though I do wish there was a way to control it, or feed more mats for a guaranteed proc, like an additional 75% of the original cost to get two. I get ragey after I transmute a ton of trillium and Primal diamonds, and get a 5x proc on one Saronite to Titanium Xmute.

now this is interesting, could the above be true or is it speculation? what ive noticed about procs is when they starting procing i usualy get a lot, when they dont i get none at all. Could this be the reason for my "experience"? sometimes getting a ton of procs and sometimes get 1 or none at all?
Edited by Seledor on 12/9/2012 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Random number generator works the same way a slot machine does. The second roll does not recall anything about the roll previously. Your chance at a 5 proc 10 times in a row is just as reasonable as 0 extras in 50. Every transmute you do has nothing at all to do with the one previous or the one after. But like anything else it is about luck so find your good luck troll and run with it. I always get more procs when I stand near a mailbox and spin in circles while I make them. Then again I'm weird and also it has nothing whatsoever to do with the RNG gods but it entertains me and isn't that what you really want anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]