Terrace of Endless Despair

90 Undead Mage
The high number of sha-touched weapons from RF that I see floating around on my realm, even in my own guild, is nauseating. Every week that I don't get one is another opportunity to try again, but eventually I'm just going to give up. The sha-touched weapon is one huge, tasty carrot, but I'm starting to lose my taste for carrots having seen so many of my fellow horses with carrots of their own.

I have my Crystallized Horror and I'm working on the next step of Wrathion's quest chain, but I feel like I'm working to upgrade something I'm never going to get in the first place. I like to imagine that if I'm a good little Mage and keep working on my dailies, showing up to my raids, and queuing for Raid Finder, I'll eventually get what many others have gotten already via pure dumb luck.

For me, the normal and heroic modes are about the boss kills and RF is about fine-tuning my gear to get those boss kills. I feel less excited every week to set myself up for disappointment the next week. It sends shivers down my spine knowing that my elder charms of good fortune have a higher chance of giving me a redundant garbage item than giving me what I'm really working to get. And I don't feel compelled at all to play to the best of my ability in RF when somebody that just did 30k and died 30 seconds into a fight yells out on raid chat that he/she just got the one item that he/she really wanted.
Edited by Halister on 12/5/2012 3:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Our mage volunteered to sit for Tsulong and Lo'shan dropped, if that makes you fell better.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Yeah, other people getting things simultaneously bothers me and doesn't affect me in the slightest. I also feel it's valid to be depressed over other people getting items out of an instance that's only been out a few weeks when I have lots of time left to get my own item.

For me, the game is only fun when I get things and nobody else does.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
My dk went all of ulduar without a weapon upgrade. It became a running joke in my guild. 3 weeks is minor. Get back to us when you go all of 5.1 with out getting one.

Yes, the rng gods can be cruel.... but the carrot will taste even sweeter when they decide to smile on you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/05/2012 04:02 AMPosted by Ðemolition
Our mage volunteered to sit for Tsulong and Lo'shan dropped, if that makes you fell better.

I can feel the phantom echos of the rage he must have felt.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Use all 3 of your coins on the boss who drops the weapon you want
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
You have 6 + months until youre full clearing normals/working on heroics dont be in such a hurry min/maxxing or "fine tunning" isn't needed where you are in progression.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
The sha of entitlement is indeed the hardest boss in Terrace LFR
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
In WOTLK I didn't get a raid weapon until ICC.

In Cata I didn't get a raid weapon until DS, and then only the LFR version.

At least now you have LFR and charms as well as normal and heroic raids, so your odds are better for getting what you want.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Hey, don't feel bad. I'm still using a blue trinket. No caster trinkets yet, but, meh, whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Random loot is random.

I could make you cry with the loot woes I've had over the years. Newbabbies have no idea how good they have it now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/05/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Eurydemus
Hey, don't feel bad. I'm still using a blue trinket. No caster trinkets yet, but, meh, whatever.

I'd kill to have your blue trinket. I've been farming Siege since release for it with no love. Still rocking my Charm of Ten Songs with a crappy Shado-Pan Dragon Gun in my bag to push my ilvl up over 470.

I went zero for twenty one in LFR this week. RNG hates me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I'd kill to have your blue trinket. I've been farming Siege since release for it with no love. Still rocking my Charm of Ten Songs with a crappy Shado-Pan Dragon Gun in my bag to push my ilvl up over 470.

Clicks armory
clicks reputation
laughs.
walks away

Not my main, obviously. Note the '85' next to my name.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/rexxar/Keeto/advanced

I hate dailies and do as few of them as possible. They're supposedly optional, right?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/06/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Ryeann
I hate dailies and do as few of them as possible. They're supposedly optional, right?

They're optional, as is LFR, as is having your green trinket still.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/06/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Postonforums

They're optional, as is LFR, as is having your green trinket still.

As is paying my subscription. What's your point? I'm venting in a thread about RNG along with other people. It's cathartic...

I realize you deleted your post, but why would you laugh at someone for NOT doing dailies if you felt that way? Just trollin'?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/06/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Ryeann

Get an engineering trinket, definitely better than that !@#$ty green.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]