Frost Mages just Faceroll every class.

90 Dwarf Shaman
Can we seriously fix mages. Why add frostbomb. It's still hitting 100ks past my 62% resil. I really dislike frost mages this expan.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I really dislike frost mages EVERY expan.

Fixed for you buddy
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I really am sorry. I would do anything for balance in this game. but its not possible.
Reply Quote
The game isn't balanced around solo encounters. Does frostbomb hit way to hard in 1v1's? Yes but since it is so easily dispelled you probably won't see a change made to this. Learn how to control mages in 3's/5's/rbg's and you won't have this problem.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
how are you supposed to control someone for 100% of the game when they can instantly put your healer in a deep and if you can't stop the bomb every time force major cds and give a good shot at getting a kill every time?
Reply Quote
Mages take tremendous damage too... You shouldn't be able to stop the deep, but you should absolutely be able to stop the majority of frost bombs and when you do they can't iceblock so you should ruin them. If you aren't saving lockouts for frost bomb you deserve to lose just like those who didn't save a lockout for a lock's chaoswave before the nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Mages are extremely squishy. Take it from the glads and just train the mage all day.
Edited by Crenix on 12/5/2012 5:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
12/05/2012 04:42 AMPosted by Deathmancer
I really dislike frost mages EVERY expan.

They were fine in wrath... good cc, decent dmg and a higher skill cap.

Ever since cata mages have become faceroll too much cc and dmg.
Edited by Bkz on 12/5/2012 5:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/05/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Bkz
Ever since cata mages have become faceroll too much cc and dmg.

The moment they made frost raid viable it started to destroy the balance that frost mages had.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Mages absolutely can be beaten if you know how they work.

But TBH my frost bomb rarely ever gets dispelled because i put them in a DF and use glyph of fire blast. then alter time and i have 2x procs of frostfirebolt and 4x procs of ice lance + 2x procs of ice lance from pet freeze. But if you have your team mate silence me as soon as i DF you or you trink out of the DF like a good boy and silence me then have your partner dispel or dispel yourself then boom. frost mages cant blow you up for like 30 more seconds.
Edited by Portalgun on 12/5/2012 6:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Either way if it is dispelled. There comes the Deep. if you pair a Frost mage Demo lock team in 3s or 2s it is nearly impossible to win without getting blown away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

But TBH my frost bomb rarely ever gets dispelled because i put them in a DF and use glyph of fire blast. then alter time and i have 2x procs of frostfirebolt and 4x procs of ice lance + 2x procs of ice lance from pet freeze. But if you have your team mate silence me as soon as i DF you or you trink out of the DF like a good boy and silence me then have your partner dispel or dispel yourself then boom. frost mages cant blow you up for like 30 more seconds.

Exactly what other class can kill someone like this every 30 seconds? That is the whole point. I dispell the crap outta whoever the mage is targeting, literally the only thing i save my dispell for. Also there is not always a silence / trinket / immunity / dispell is up to get out of it. im not saying that there aren't ways to get out of it because there are, but every 30 sec is too much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Exactly what other class can kill someone like this every 30 seconds? That is the whole point. I dispell the crap outta whoever the mage is targeting, literally the only thing i save my dispell for. Also there is not always a silence / trinket / immunity / dispell is up to get out of it. im not saying that there aren't ways to get out of it because there are, but every 30 sec is too much.

Omg this is exactly what I was just about to post. NO OTHER class can do this. Shadow blades, wings, shamanism, reck are 2-3 minutes, but a frost mages has to stall 45seconds and boom. If a trinket is a 2 min CD, then trinketing deep freeze is just not an option.

Either deep freeze needs a CD increase or frost mage mastery needs to be tuned down and frost bolt damage increased.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Omg this is exactly what I was just about to post. NO OTHER class can do this. Shadow blades, wings, shamanism, reck are 2-3 minutes, but a frost mages has to stall 45seconds and boom. If a trinket is a 2 min CD, then trinketing deep freeze is just not an option.

Either deep freeze needs a CD increase or frost mage mastery needs to be tuned down and frost bolt damage increased.

I agree When trinketing deep freeze after being put into a counterspell which is also like a 22 sec cd. it just isn't possible to survive so much with two dps on you and having mages being able to burst almost every 30s-1min.
Reply Quote
You fvcking moron mages trying to cover up for a retardly easy set up, need to look in the mirror and pat urselves the back for lying to the public.

The old "dispell hurts us" does not apply in s12... and with the short cd on frost bomb. All you have to do is keep moving never really having to cast sh1t waiting to set up that nice little chain combo that can kill anyone w/o a trinket, defensive cd... or guess what dispell on its 8 sec cd.

someone is very mad right now.

it seems like everyitime someone dies by a mage they come post their QQ story.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You fvcking moron mages trying to cover up for a retardly easy set up, need to look in the mirror and pat urselves the back for lying to the public.

The old "dispell hurts us" does not apply in s12... and with the short cd on frost bomb. All you have to do is keep moving never really having to cast sh1t waiting to set up that nice little chain combo that can kill anyone w/o a trinket, defensive cd... or guess what dispell on its 8 sec cd.

Im not mad, I have stop playing arenas till they get fixed and yes, Mages are high on that list of things that are wrong with arenas. I have a mage that im really good with that I refuse to play because I can't stand the play style.

What gets me upset are morons that can't admit that their class is maybe a tiny bit over the damn top. "cough"mages"cough"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
i'm not suprised every anti mage player isn't upset. With DF being a 30-45s CD (can't remember) and Frost bomb being 6sec (CD based on Haste) and a Trinket being 2 mins. cleanse being 8s it doesn't help either way. if you counter the first Burst. it is ready within 30s-1m and if you think REALLY hard about it all. You will get hit by 2 DF's Before your trinket is even up, and you will most likely just get burned at the second DF.
Reply Quote

Im not mad, I have stop playing arenas till they get fixed and yes, Mages are high on that list of things that are wrong with arenas. I have a mage that im really good with that I refuse to play because I can't stand the play style.

What gets me upset are morons that can't admit that their class is maybe a tiny bit over the damn top. "cough"mages"cough"

i get bursted down by ever class pretty quick, does that mean i can say they are op?

just because you get outplayed/dps'd does not mean they are op, maybe you just have l2p issues?

have you thought you are a paly which isn't squishy, can heal and think you shoulld do as much dps as a squishy pure dps class?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]