Frost Mages just Faceroll every class.

12/05/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Restomania
i'm not suprised every anti mage player isn't upset. With DF being a 30-45s CD (can't remember) and Frost bomb being 6sec (CD based on Haste) and a Trinket being 2 mins. cleanse being 8s it doesn't help either way. if you counter the first Burst. it is ready within 30s-1m and if you think REALLY hard about it all. You will get hit by 2 DF's Before your trinket is even up, and you will most likely just get burned at the second DF.

are you saying classes do not have any defensive cd's?

if you get deep freezed and just sit there with your finger up your butt, that's your fault!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
#funandfair
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/05/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Khamûl
The moment they made frost raid viable it started to destroy the balance that frost mages had.

I feel this is fairly accurate. Most players I know were fine having one of their specs not so good in pve, but gold in pvp. :x
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Grenade
#funandfair
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Raw. There really isn't anything you can do after you exhaust and survive one DF or two. But when your trinket is up three deep freezes and bombs have popped off already. Not including frost orbs. Don't assume.
Edited by Restomania on 12/5/2012 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Roll a warrior and just destroy them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's funny how mages don't even recognize their problems. Great burst is fine, everyone can do it every 2 minutes or so. Great control is fine too, it's always been the hallmark of a frost mage.

But when you can global someone once every 30 seconds it's pretty much impossible to balance around that unless you make mages have zero survival cooldowns (which would be lame).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Raw
i'm not suprised every anti mage player isn't upset. With DF being a 30-45s CD (can't remember) and Frost bomb being 6sec (CD based on Haste) and a Trinket being 2 mins. cleanse being 8s it doesn't help either way. if you counter the first Burst. it is ready within 30s-1m and if you think REALLY hard about it all. You will get hit by 2 DF's Before your trinket is even up, and you will most likely just get burned at the second DF.

if you get deep freezed and just sit there with your finger up your butt, that's your fault!

This right here is why I get upset... moron to the extreme. But then again, looking at his Achievements I smell a FoTM player.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/05/2012 06:18 AMPosted by Portalgun
frost mages cant blow you up for like 30 more seconds.

That is the problem.

The first deep isn't the problem. It's the other 2 or 3 before my trinket is back up.

I can't pop defensive cooldowns while I'm stunned.
Edited by Athosmasques on 12/5/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Obviously there's a problem when Mages are complained about 24/7.
Sure if you a glad and have a specific manifesto to counter mages but there's the skill gap.
You can be a mediocre mage and still global someone every 30s. You have to have a pillar to hump and know exactly what CDs to pop in what order to even have a chance.

Tell me again. Who needs the nerf? The majority of people aren't 2200.

Then again, I don't see one coming. If I worked at Blizzard on class balance I'd be more worried about keeping my job then some 8 million (give or take) people QQ. Anger not the Ghost Crawler.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How are mages and less squishy then any other class.
Plate and armor don't count for anything anymore. We all have the same hps. We all have the same pvp pwr and res.
Mages aren't squishy at all. CC, blink and evocate. Frost bomb, I win?
That's not skill, that's having a button to press for every situation.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
12/05/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Megajambox
Mages take tremendous damage too... You shouldn't be able to stop the deep, but you should absolutely be able to stop the majority of frost bombs and when you do they can't iceblock so you should ruin them. If you aren't saving lockouts for frost bomb you deserve to lose just like those who didn't save a lockout for a lock's chaoswave before the nerf.

I mage takes way less damage passivly then say an elemental shammy. It is absurd that the lack of keeping mages in check has gone on for so long. There has not been a single season where blizzard has knocked mages down to the level they do to other classes.

Dual tool tips would make it 100% fail safe to balance PVP and PVE at the same time and not impact the other at the same time.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ever since cata mages got ring of frost become faceroll too much cc and dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/05/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Vesthis
how are you supposed to control someone for 100% of the game when they can instantly put your healer in a deep and if you can't stop the bomb every time force major cds and give a good shot at getting a kill every time?

If the mage is deeping your healer, then the mage sure as hell isn't killing you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Crystalah
how are you supposed to control someone for 100% of the game when they can instantly put your healer in a deep and if you can't stop the bomb every time force major cds and give a good shot at getting a kill every time?

If the mage is deeping your healer, then the mage sure as hell isn't killing you.

Man I wish people would think before they post.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yeah, because that warior can't shock wave, or that lock cant fear, or any other partner they roll with can't cc the kill target for 3 secs.... and lets not forget if the healer is in a deep freeze he/she sure can't fvcking dispell that nova keeping you in place long enough to get a nice combo off.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Khamûl
The moment they made frost raid viable it started to destroy the balance that frost mages had.

This
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Stylis

This right here is why I get upset... moron to the extreme. But then again, looking at his Achievements I smell a FoTM player.

12/05/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Stylis

what does fotm mean?

meet me in front of stormwind so i can global you.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Raw don't act like you actually have a noticible say in this Rofl. you are only arguing about this because you WANT frost mages to still be OP because you play the class cos it's OP. Only a true mage player would actually know what's wrong and agree to some points where nerfs are needed To their own class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]