HOT FIX?

90 Pandaren Monk
I have played this toon sence bata and I LOVE IT more so then any other class in 8 years. In raids I was dpsing to heal. Sometimes as ranged with jade and a rushing jade wind and spin kick for aoe heals. Other times I would mele it up with blackout kick and jabs and expel harm. Sometimes a few casts on low players or tank. I WAS A DPS HEALER!! Just like they said I would be. Now with the HOT FIX!! You changed my whole class with a hot fix. I now casts heals non stop a Soothing mist then EM on tank a hot and back agin. Iam not doing any dps at all. Why one may ask? I cant if I mele I go OOM befor 25% into the fight. If I caster dps I go OOM 35% into the fight. I didnt sigh up for or gear and test a toon that was going to be just like everyother healer. Iam some durid/shadowpriest thing!!

If dps was the problem as far as our dps in numbers that we could beat a really really bad dps fine. Nerf the dps but dont make it so I cant dps to heal. I dont care if my dps gets nerfed to 75% of what it is. I just wanted to be a battle sage type class like we were. I cant beleave you do this kind of change in a hot fix!!?? I dont get it. I have never seen you change a class that much in a hot fix. I should have known somehing was up when healers lost pvp power for dps. More so for monks. I mean why take our dps buff away for pvp. Like we could kill a guy with the buff we had befor!!??

Please respond to me in some way. I am allready on a server that Iam outnubed 9 to 1 doing dailys with no hope in sight on a pvp server. Iam kind of at my witts end and I loved this expasion more then any in the past. Please give a dog a bone with some kind of response. Thank you.
Sighed a monk that wants to Punch agin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This definitely wouldn't have fit in the other 9 posts on the front page about MW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Sadiemay
This definitely wouldn't have fit in the other 9 posts on the front page about MW.

Iam not talking about nerfs to healing. I am talking about the 100% change to the way we have to play in raids now. The fact we cant dps at all on a boss fight.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Druid
12/05/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Laughingbëar

Iam not talking about nerfs to healing. I am talking about the 100% change to the way we have to play in raids now. The fact we cant dps at all on a boss fight.

!@#$ son if you're whining about having to 'relearn' your class after a patch I say welcome to Druid World but get your %^- in line.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Moophious

!@#$ son if you're whining about having to 'relearn' your class after a patch I say welcome to Druid World but get your %^- in line.

This.

OP l2p.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Moophious

SHUT up I have a druid and battle rez + way beter aoe heals 2 of witch are beter and one has no cooldown. We give the same buff but then you guys aoe heal beter and have way more movement when healing. I have had a druid for 8 years its my oldest toon. This healer was not to be the same ol healing with less buttons and less bring me over any other healer in the game witch is what it is now. If we cant dps then what the hell do we bring to the raid?? Nothing over ANY HEALER IN GAME AT ALL!!! And if we even come close to top healing look at how much of it is over healing. Way more then any class to get near the top. I dont have to or want to be on top but I do want to play the class the way I did for 90 levels. Just think if they hot fixed totems away form shammys or HOT FIXED your battle rez and made WG only heal 2 people and gave your hot a 10 sec cooldown. THEY HAVE NEVER EVER CHANGED A CLASS to this degree in a FING HOT FIX.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MWs are still pretty strong.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10H/all/7/60/default/#fo00000
http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/all/7/60/default/#fo00000

That's on the PVE side of things though.
Edited by Shaima on 12/5/2012 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
<popcorn>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

WOW OK what in that chart seys they dps to heal and not just cast heals all day. I can hang with the top healers now as well. Some fights neck and neck. ITS THE WAY I HAVE TO DO IT!!
Thats my whole post.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

That chart looks significantly less impressive when you enable disc priests and resto shaman. It also displays the data from the last 14 days so even the latest data listed includess 11 days worth before the hot-fix and 8 days from before 5.1. Otherwise known as approximately half, if not more of the data used to generate the most recent data point on that chart was before any of the nerfs and yet it still shows a sharp decline for mw.

Looking specifically at the chart for 10s, on 11/29 disc and mw are basically equal, so in the period 11/15-11/29 disc and mw were equal. Since then disc has pulled ahead, in fact every spec but 1 has gradually moved up on that chart. I wonder why that is? Give it a few more days to clear out the heavy raiding period of the 11/22-28 week and it will paint a very different picture.

edit: Also, this comparison is made based on parses. The same parses which don't include any of the various damage reductions (not absorbs) brought by several specs so aren't entirely accurate to begin with.
Edited by Linnelle on 12/5/2012 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Shaima
90 Pandaren Monk
Sad Panda

Edited by Shaima on 12/5/12 3:17 PM (PST)

Those parses are from the last 30 days....wait 30 days after 5.1 and then pull up raidbots. Until then I challenge you to find something similar on worldoflogs thats more recent.

What you will find is only on fights where the raid stacks do you see any type of decent numbers. All of that is comming from SCK and Chi Burst(pre "hot fix) btw....so mana was still plentiful. Top scores on Garajal(where mana also isnt an issue as long as your using totems) everything else seems pretty lackluster. T
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/05/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Faludi
Way to be !@#$%^-s and report his post. What is there to 'report' on here?

I think whoever reported it may have reported it for spamming (the OP posted at least one other thread about the same issue on the same forum) or because the title is in all caps (which is a no-no per the forum rules). But you'd have to ask the person who actually did the reporting.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/05/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Laughingbëar
Iam not doing any dps at all.

wait so you play a healing class to do dps?

Just like they said

Just cause they say it once doesnt make it an end all be all, get over it

. I didnt sigh up for or gear and test a toon that was going to be just like everyother healer

I'm sorry what? so you signed up to do dps as a healer? you know other classes can dps and heal...... its not an original concept to monk...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Rageahol

wait so you play a healing class to do dps?

Just like they said

Just cause they say it once doesnt make it an end all be all, get over it

. I didnt sigh up for or gear and test a toon that was going to be just like everyother healer

I'm sorry what? so you signed up to do dps as a healer? you know other classes can dps and heal...... its not an original concept to monk...

WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do I have to keep saying this. I LIKED THE CLASS becauce you could dps to heal. OK that means I could hit a mob to heal the group. NOT DPS as in to top dps but to fight to heal instead of casting heals on bars one after the other. SO yes this is new to WOW. Or I should say was new.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Tiriél
Way to be !@#$%^-s and report his post. What is there to 'report' on here?

I think whoever reported it may have reported it for spamming (the OP posted at least one other thread about the same issue on the same forum) or because the title is in all caps (which is a no-no per the forum rules). But you'd have to ask the person who actually did the reporting.

Your like a bad penny I wouldnt pick up. It wasnt the same post this was one stating what I see that has for a fact happend the other was a question about in fact weather we were no long ment to hit mobs or players to heal.

You posted their to and said the same thing its funny your saying Iam posting about the same topic and thats all you could say.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Rageahol

Not dpsing to get big numbers or kill the boss. Fighting to heal. I punch or jade lighing a mob hp flys out into people and healing them. That make it clear enough. Not a Shadowpriest that deal great damage and can do some healing with a cooldown and the healing be on the very low side. But low damge and BIG on the healing side. So you I played a monk to fight heal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thanks for the kind feed back fellow monks Iam glad Iam not alone in filling this way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Your like a bad penny I wouldnt pick up. It wasnt the same post this was one stating what I see that has for a fact happend the other was a question about in fact weather we were no long ment to hit mobs or players to heal.

You posted their to and said the same thing its funny your saying Iam posting about the same topic and thats all you could say.

Look, not to be mean, but your posts are so riddled with misspellings and grammatical errors that I have a hard time understanding just what the hell you're trying to say in the first place. I have been commenting on the Mistweaver situation, but it's in threads where I can actually read what they're saying.

None of that, however, changes the fact that posting a title in all caps is a no-no on the forums. It is not difficult to look that up.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Druid
SHUT up I have a druid and battle rez + way beter aoe heals 2 of witch are beter and one has no cooldown. We give the same buff but then you guys aoe heal beter and have way more movement when healing. I have had a druid for 8 years its my oldest toon. This healer was not to be the same ol healing with less buttons and less bring me over any other healer in the game witch is what it is now. If we cant dps then what the hell do we bring to the raid?? Nothing over ANY HEALER IN GAME AT ALL!!! And if we even come close to top healing look at how much of it is over healing. Way more then any class to get near the top. I dont have to or want to be on top but I do want to play the class the way I did for 90 levels. Just think if they hot fixed totems away form shammys or HOT FIXED your battle rez and made WG only heal 2 people and gave your hot a 10 sec cooldown. THEY HAVE NEVER EVER CHANGED A CLASS to this degree in a FING HOT FIX.

Laughingbëar's WALLOFTEXT crits Moophious for 69,754

Nice grammar son - have you've actually thought of going back to school instead of crying about your lack of dps as a healer? Just a thought bro.
Edited by Moophious on 12/6/2012 4:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]