Pandaren Mail

29 Goblin Priest
If I make a new Pandaren toon, can I send it mail right off the bat or do I have to wait until I pick a faction? I'd try this but I'm at work.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Pandaren don't have mailbox access until they get to Orgrimmar/Stormwind. I don't think they can be sent mail either, just automatic system mail (which they can't retrieve until Org/SW).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/05/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Avanna
I don't think they can be sent mail either,

You're right. If you try to send mail to a Pandaren character who has not yet chosen a faction, you'll get an error message saying you can't do that until they've picked either Alliance or Horde.
Reply Quote
68 Dwarf Warrior
This causes a problem, pointed out in another thread. Sometimes Blizzard sends things to ALL players, such as recent WoW 8th birthday presents. And you can't delete a character if it has things in its mailbox.

So folks who make a new Pandaren character and then wanted to delete it after 3 minutes (common enough - it looks different in game than in the setup, or something) found they could not do so - they had to level it to 12 first.
Edited by Narisa on 12/5/2012 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I don't understand why though. You can send Heirlooms across factions so what makes them special XD
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
06/09/2014 02:09 AMPosted by Sïlence
I don't understand why though. You can send Heirlooms across factions so what makes them special XD

The problem is that Pandaren are neutral therefore they are not able to recieve mail and the starter zone has no mailboxes in it. However if they go through with their BoA Window and Toybox like planned then pandaren will have BoAs without the need to send mail to them.
Reply Quote
The problem is with the non-BoA items, and the potential to screw up an economy by moving them between the factions by using neutral Pandaren.
Edited by Jakjak on 6/9/2014 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
06/09/2014 07:50 AMPosted by Jakjak
The problem is with the non-BoA items, and the potential to screw up an economy by moving them between the factions by using neutral Pandaren.

Agreed, however it's still done via neutral AH.
Reply Quote
Yeah but mailboxes don't require the use of two accounts and more gold, and other players can't snipe our mail. The restrictions on the neutral AH inhibit the trafficking of items in bulk. With a mailbox on the Wandering Isle, it'd be a free for all, and Blizz might as well just let us mail non-BoA items directly to the other faction because everyone would have a level 1 Pandaren go-between alt anyway.
Edited by Jakjak on 6/10/2014 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
what is BoA ???
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 11:49 AMPosted by Pennydread
what is BoA ???

BoA stands for Bind on Account.

It's often used when referring heirloom gear although there are other items that are BoA.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It means it's an item that can be sent from any character on your account to any other character on your account, Alliance or Horde, no matter what server they're on. To my knowledge this is the only way to send mail cross server.
Reply Quote
Ah ok got it thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]