Resto Needs A Look At

90 Troll Druid
HC
In the end, I think resto druids are OK on their output. But, the cost of doing output I consider to be competitive or OK is so large that we can't ever reach our highest potential as a raid healing class since our mana doesn't allow it. That's really what it comes down to, after a lot of thinking on it.

I still think WM should be changed, because it's currently a spell that hardly anyone even places on their bars. But even moreso, we need to have a change for the better in terms of our mana. Giving us back revitalize could potentially solve all issues we have (I'm honestly not quite sure it would be enough). We really have nothing out of our choice of spells to use instead of rejuv to heal single-target and the raid. We rely on this one spell to do both roles, and it feels as if it's at a much higher cost than it should be. Sure, the tier bonus is nice and all but that's just a temporary bandaid for something that really should just be addressed.

A better way to say it is, having that tier bonus makes us almost normal when comparing us to other healers when they don't have their own tier bonuses. Where they're gaining something out of it to do more, we're just finally (almost) meeting the bar. And that's just wrong. I feel we need to be looked at.

It's not a "SKY FALLING OMG" time, but it's something that's so obvious, it just irks me that nothing has been done when we're this far into the expansion already. It's just glaring at the devs waiting for attention but they just ignored it this patch? That bothers me. :(

Anyone else have the same feeling?
Reply Quote
Ghostcrawler sayd that he thinks druids are fine, so we will not see any change soon... =/

Anyway, i think that we need this:

1- -8% cost to Rejuvenation

2- Clearcasting stacking to 2, and its chance increased from 4% to 5%

3- Mushrooms reworked: Mana cost x4, 1.5 sec GCD, each mushroom does not stack with each other, making the placement of more then one of then just an increase in the area not in the heal value. Increase the healing done by x5 or x6. (Remember that its 5/3 or 6/3 because it will not stack)
This way mushrooms will not be a mana efficient heal, on contrary it will be less efficient then reju, but will work as a burst Aoe Healing to fill our toolkit. With just 1.5 of placement and bloom out of GCD, we will have a way to help against burst damage on raid, and since it will heal for beteen 1.66 to 2 times what it heals now, it will be noticeable.

Thats it, i would like to se replenishment coming back, but i really not seeing it as possible right now since devs already said that they think we are ok.

Anyway, we need some love... =/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
12/05/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Sàtàn
2- Clearcasting stacking to 2, and its chance increased from 4% to 5%

I don't like this idea... 1. This is going to push us into a tank healing position - since OOC procs require you to cast to consume - which is not how druids ever were and I hope will never become.

2. There are tons of better ways to work on our mana issues. IE: revitalize coming back.

1- -8% cost to Rejuvenation

Where do you get this magic number from anyway? I've seen you post it in other threads but I don't understand why that % is better than others.

1.5 sec GCD,

Why would you up the GCD required to place them? This is one of the reasons they're so unattractive to use as they currently are.

3- Mushrooms reworked: Mana cost x4,

As for your #3 point, I think there's no way we could handle having the mana cost be increased on shrooms until the current mana issues we have with our toolset as a whole is addressed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
1. Replenishment back ( Or revitalize , whatever )
2. All mana costs reduced by 10% (Maybe more)
3. Mushrooms turned into a CD of 2 minutes which you place 1 mushroom and it heals everyone who stands in a 10 yard circle for 10k per second for 5 seconds , No DR
4. Innervate CD shortened ( Priests have a 1 minute mindbender which does the same as innervate)
5. If Mushroom isn't a healing CD , same thing but a 20% mitigation for those who stand in 15 yard circle for 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
To help sniping which is a bigger problem than some people realize -

More front loaded healing on both rejuv and WildGrowth but total output remains the same.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

More front loaded healing on both rejuv and WildGrowth but total output remains the same.

I like this idea, like within the first half of the spell's duration 75% of the healing is done, and then 25% during the last half. It makes it harder for most HoT's to just be overhealing. The only problem I see with this is that Haste adding ticks on would become a lot less viable.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I like this idea, like within the first half of the spell's duration 75% of the healing is done, and then 25% during the last half. It makes it harder for most HoT's to just be overhealing. The only problem I see with this is that Haste adding ticks on would become a lot less viable.

Haste would be less viable but mastery would still be really good. I'm ok with anything that ups our healing at this moment, seriously anything would help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Agreed. Interesting idea Moophius, I like it. I still think mana's an issue and will continue to be until something's done in terms of cost or mana regen (whether it's via mp5, cd or talent).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
The entire talent tree bothers me. Tree of Life (or Incarnation) and the 6% int passive that comes with HotW should be available when specialized, not talented.

Could be me just nitpicking, though.
Edited by Rejuvenate on 12/7/2012 2:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't necessarily think having more front-loaded healing would help us much. Even on fights where there's constant ticking damage (Garalon 25-man) which is our specialty, I know I'm consistently 20k HPS behind our Holy Priest as of 5.1 and I consider myself to be a fairly skilled player.

I think a major issue is how we scale from 10 to 25-man content. In 10's we are very competitive, but our limited toolkit prevents us from scaling like other healers in 25's. Rejuvenate costs too much for what it's meant to be (our go-to healing spell) and Wild Mushroom: Bloom is lacking.

Possible solutions:
-Raise the CD of WM:Bloom to 25 seconds and increase the mana cost and healing done. Reduce the mana cost of Rejuv.

-Scrap WM:Bloom and bring back a modified version Nature's Bounty (and in turn scrap the Rejuv Glyph). Having 3 Rejuvs active increases the healing of Nourish by 20% and reduces its cast time by 30%. Nourish will affect 2 additional targets while Nature's Bounty is active. This gets us to cycle back and forth using both HoTs and direct heals (something Harmony should be encouraging).

Other annoyances:

Force of Nature
-Double the duration. I like the idea, but it's so far behind Incarnation and Soul of the Forest that it's not worth touching. Doubling its uptime would bring it much closer to the other 2 talents.

Dream of Cenarius
-This talent needs to be reworked. I think having static duration that increases healing (minus Tranq) with some type of internal CD would work better rather than having to constantly weave in Wrath. Ex: Casting Wrath grants Dream of Cenarius increasing all healing done by 10% for 15 seconds. 30 second cd. It would work the same way for the damage buff.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The entire talent tree bothers me. Tree of Life (or Incarnation) and the 6% int passive that comes with HotW should be available when specialized, not talented.

Could be me just nitpicking, though.

The only reason to take HotW is for the 6% passive Intellect. Take that away and it becomes garbage again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I've been saying the same thing. Our output is low, but I feel it's my mana holding me back. 491 ilvl and I go OOM on some fights still. Grand Empress = nightmare. And I am trying to manage my mana.

I think spell costs need a rework. Rejuv should be cheaper, even the 2 piece set bonus isn't helping a lot. Healing touch needs about a 5k reduction, give me a reason to use a slower heal by making it more mana saving.

I'd like to see our replenishment thing back, however instead of making it work on the whole raid like before - keep it just on us for keeping up Lifebloom.

Mushrooms should place with ONE click, not three.

And OOC can be removed, frankly I hate how other healers say how great it is. Half the time when it procs, I don't NEED to cast anything. The fact it doesn't work on instant casts, it's pretty pointless unless tank healing and timing my regrowths the best I can with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Xiata
I've been saying the same thing. Our output is low, but I feel it's my mana holding me back. 491 ilvl and I go OOM on some fights still. Grand Empress = nightmare. And I am trying to manage my mana.

I haven't had a super crazy issue with any fights that I've run into so far. Could my output be a bit higher? Ya I can agree that we are a bit low on output but I haven't been having many issues with mana overall.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Even IF we could needlessly spam rejuv and blanketing the entire raid (And I mean 100% of the time!) that wouldn't mean we would beat equally geared/skilled pallys or disc priests simply because they have strong bubbles (Just look at the Pally Mastery) and burst which negates our hots potential and actual healing.

I'm not saying we don't have scaling issues or mana concerns in 25 mans because obviously those who raid such agree there are issues.

But front loaded healing will give us more effectual healing and that's a fact.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/07/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Moophious
Even IF we could needlessly spam rejuv and blanketing the entire raid (And I mean 100% of the time!) that wouldn't mean we would beat equally geared/skilled pallys or disc priests simply because they have strong bubbles (Just look at the Pally Mastery) and burst which negates our hots potential and actual healing.

Rejuv already is front loaded, and good luck to any healer who thinks that they can snipe a HoT that is already ticking on a target before the damage even occurs.

HoTs definitely lose their luster when you are trying to use them as reactionary heals. Many now wait until their target has a significant health deficit before casting a HoT. This is not only a worst-case scenario for HoTs but you also can't realistically expect your healing partners to not heal a target with a health deficit, even if you decided to wait. I wouldn't even call that sniping as much as it is the other healer simply doing their job.

I'd love it if our heals were more front loaded however. My favorite HoT was our old Wrath-era Regrowth, that of course had a big heal at the front but also had a 27 second HoT attached to it :D

Yet in spite of that you've chosen to gear yourself with significantly less spirit than you could have. I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on this.

I personally love the way that I am able to increase the aggressiveness of my healing style as my regen increases. I also love the way the 4pc seems to both increase my throughput and help my mana at the same time, since swiftmend it is such an efficient heal. I don't think we'll ever get back to my favorite days of healing though, like back in Wrath when I used to click my mouse more than 20,000 times in a single raid.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Yeah when the only goal was to have enough haste to make rejuv a one second GCD. At least that's how it was when I first started this guy. Man how times have changed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
I'd like to see our replenishment thing back, however instead of making it work on the whole raid like before - keep it just on us for keeping up Lifebloom.

Revitalize.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
As much as I would love to see Revitalize return, I'm doubtful it will. I think the biggest, most realistic approach Blizzard might take would be to allow Rejuvenation to consume Clearcasting procs, which would benefit us very greatly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
12/07/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Rejuvenate
As much as I would love to see Revitalize return, I'm doubtful it will. I think the biggest, most realistic approach Blizzard might take would be to allow Rejuvenation to consume Clearcasting procs, which would benefit us very greatly.

Not sure... The issue I see us running into here is that OOC procs would be so RNG, we'd possibly never make serious use out of them for times where it matters. They would have to proc during heavy raid damage in order to benefit us, and due to it's nature/RNG-ness, there's no saying if it'll happen. Which means it's not reliable.

So the proposed change, if this is a serious though Blizzard has considered, is to make OOC stack so we don't miss out on chances to really use them. Not even sure I like this idea at all, but if that's the direction we're headed in... Sigh.

I'd rather just get revitalize back. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]