Resto Needs A Look At

90 Troll Druid
HC
Just wish we'd get some feedback here... Are we really going to sit like this until the end of time?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yes ghostcrawler doesn't like druids
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
There's few things that can put druid back in line with other healers

Bring revitalize back
Bring lifebloom on multi target back
Bring Efflorescence heal all target in circle like priest/shaman back
Bring WG without cd back

Honestly what I think should be done
Make efflorescence as big as healing rain/Holy Word: Sanctuary, and heal more target
Bring back revitalize
Edited by Dynalon on 12/12/2012 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'd like to see Mushrooms flat removed or reworked so they function like a Monks Healing spheres, where the mushrooms are not manually triggered by the healer but instead burst on contact doing either healing or damage depneding on what stepped on them and what kind of druid cast them (ie a boomkin cast would do more damage less healing and a resto would do the reverse) I would also like to see a more eficient less clunky and frustrating system for them. Right now in order to place the stupid things (and why I never use them) it requires about 4 seconds, during which nothing else is being done, I'm not watching health bars, I'm concentrating trying to strtegically place the moronic things in such a way that they will actually DO something and praying the raid doesn't have to move before I trigger them.

As they stand Mushrooms have to be the most rediculous, assinine heal mechanic in the game (I have all 5 healing classes so I have a basis for comparison). Clunky, time consuming, a way to limited and restrictive to be worth using, they are not on my bars and wont be until Blizzard can make them more than the apparent joke/insult on Druids that they seem to be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I still hear crickets....We obviously need some help. And it wouldn't take a whole lot to fix it. The idea of front loaded rejuv sounds great though after our mana rejen gets a look at.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Celestelle
I still hear crickets....We obviously need some help. And it wouldn't take a whole lot to fix it. The idea of front loaded rejuv sounds great though after our mana rejen gets a look at.

Not sure I like front loaded rejuvs. Kind of removes pre-hotting as I viable way to heal. Not that it's overly effective right now due to mana restraints.
Reply Quote
I'm sorry no, just no. There is a reason resto druids are so popular in arenas and as flag carriers in RBGs thier output is way too high when you compair it to their also retarded mobility. displacer beast, shapeshift removing all snares and movemnt imparing effects on a GCD with little harm to healing done or mana (the ret pally one atleast takes a chunk of their mana) I'm sorry resto druid isnt as good in pve anymore but unless you can accept druid nerfs on mobility dont ask for buffs on output.

Here is fair example-Frost Mage vs. Resto Druid the druid starts out stealthed and moves in and stuns the mage and starts hitting him hte mave frost novas and hte durid displacer beasts away, once again stealthed the druid stuns the mage again and since he is in cat form is immune to polymorph hte mage uses his pets aoe freeze which hits but before he can trigger his deep freeze the resto druid switches to travel form and with +40% movement speed (the best in hte game even ghot wolf cna be dispelled) jets off only to los and pop rejuv and 3 stacks of lifebloom and begins chian cycloning the mage for kicks an if the amge starts getting close boom off to the races again the mge trys CoC the druid just shifts out pops rejuv lifebloom shift into travel again mage blinks attempts frost nova again since its now off cd gets it off and manages to deep freeze the problem is the durid is still efectivly helaing thanks to those refreshed HoTs that would drain the mages mana too much if he were to SS them (totally done for Rdruids and pally bubbles). but he gets him done to half health nad then the druid displacer beasts pops to full nad gains full mana again via inervate the mage has no more CD the druid will just take this to a draw.

The point being made here is that the most CC happy spec can't even touch a resto druid 1V1 the only class that could possible take on a druid is a DK (unholy would be best but frost isnt too far behind) a class shouldnt only have 1 counter it should have several frost mages had thier survivability droped a huge chunk and are now glass cannons as they should be resto druids on hte other hand still get to have their cake (solid healing) and eat it too (high mobility) Disc priest have bubbles glyphed penance (increasing its cost by 20%) and renew to cast while moving, holy priests can use light wells and renew with some minor haling while moving pallys have gimped healing while moving monks, and shamans.

I understand pve druids want better healing but it just doesnt work that way anymore if blizz improves resto druid helaing there will only be resto druid ins pvp.

This is why PVP should be retooled to be a completely separate aspect of the game regarding mechanics. Stop redoing PVE to balance PVP and the reverse. Enter a BG force a 3rd PVP spec and a set of rules. On a PVP server it might be a little more complicated to implement. but the same could apply. Switch to PVP spec and enforce the PVP rules on that player. Also do not allow PVP specs to be allowed in PVE.

But on topic, I think druids do need to have a good once over. most fights at the moment i'm getting blown away on the meters by other healing classes. seems HOTs arn't getting recording the same way because of over healing. if i actively try and keep from overhealing players i run the risk of them getting low and dying.

I find myself running low on mana if things get a little out of control on fights. And when using direct heals i'm really overhealing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
:(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
All i think they need to do to resto is buff hots by allot like 30-40 percent. 15 sec of 3LB stacks is like 1 war heroic strike crit and lets us put LB on more then 1 target like before.
Edited by Bigsexxyy on 12/14/2012 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
What do you guys all think of this idea?

I do think this is an interesting idea that should be worked on:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7273267268?page=10#183
Give us a spirit shell / group cast ability (ie.e prayer of healing) and call it “Mass Lifebloom” with a small cd like the priest's shell.

This could potentially solve our issues in dealing with raidwide damage we currently can't handle healing through without going oom in 25m, while also hopefully not changing much in 10m. This could potentially also not cause any issues in regards to PvP, since all changes made across the board to a class will be affected in both aspects of the game. But that is dependent on how this is implemented.

I don't necessarily like the idea of a mass lifebloom, mainly because of OOC. But maybe something like we'd use this CD, something like 1min CD/2min CD, and it spread 1 rejuv, per rejuv cast, onto another target taking damage within 40yrds. Seeing as this could be pretty OP, it shouldn't last more than ~10 seconds. That means we could get ~20 rejuvs out in half the time it normally would take us, along with not spending all our mana on getting so many out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Please don't let this thread die! We need more brainstorming going on. Do we want Blizzard to notice us or not?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Unless we get enough posts to make top thread , noone will notice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What about putting Rejuv duration back to 18 seconds? For the mana it costs it doesn't seem unreasonable. Especially since a pally's Eternal Flame is 30s duration.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
I like that idea Ayuuxo, but I don't know if that's going to compensate for the mana cost of it still.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Ayuuxo
What about putting Rejuv duration back to 18 seconds? For the mana it costs it doesn't seem unreasonable. Especially since a pally's Eternal Flame is 30s duration.

The problem is that is would be even more overheal... but I would even take a longer rejuv at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Sadly with all the absorbs there are, most of our HoTs go to overheal anyway. I'm just sour holy paladins have longer HoT durations than us.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/18/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Ayuuxo
Sadly with all the absorbs there are, most of our HoTs go to overheal anyway. I'm just sour holy paladins have longer HoT durations than us.

I raid with a Hpally and a Disc priest and this happens quite often, though we usually end up fairly close in numbers on most fights but on other fights my HoTs feel like they're not doing anything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's kinda catch 22... the class forums aren't really read much by the Blizz team but posting in the role forums that they actually do look at seems to cause a lot of argueing and QQing.

aaaand I still hear crickets....are they all on holiday vaca?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's kinda catch 22... the class forums aren't really read much by the Blizz team but posting in the role forums that they actually do look at seems to cause a lot of argueing and QQing.

aaaand I still hear crickets....are they all on holiday vaca?

I agree and i'm extremely shocked there hasn't been a reply yet. =(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]