best 5.1 healer?

55 Undead Rogue
just returned to wow after an extended break. thinking of busting out my holy pally for pvp once more. just wondering, what are your opinions on the best healing classes for 5.1?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Every healer except healing priests are strong ATM. In my personal opinion resto Druids are the strongest de to mechanics, but that's only if the player knows how to kite and LoS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a resto druid and I get bursted down really quickly. My heals cant cut through all the damage. In BG's it seems like hpallies last longer than the rest.
Edited by Barbie on 12/5/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Thaumato
knows how to kite and LoS.

how in the world do u LOS at all times in an open bg.

i just got 90 i feel hpallys still ar still the best random heals like cata its surprising how im survivng more than my rdruid whos more geared.

rdruids got mobility its healing output is a bit weak though
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would say Resto Druid and Holy Pally are both good. Resto sham is too good against casters and too weak against melee. Disc is ok when they have mana, so for about 5 minutes. Haven't seen enough monks to know how they are.
Reply Quote
30 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Heartworms
just returned to wow after an extended break. thinking of busting out my holy pally for pvp once more. just wondering, what are your opinions on the best healing classes for 5.1?

warriors!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/05/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Zaldrelia
how in the world do u LOS at all times in an open bg.

Nobody can LoS all the time, but resto druids can do it more than any other class except for maybe a monk. I wasn't specifically speaking from a bg perspective though. A rdruid in an arena can time out a match easily in comparison to other healers.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Resto druids have the CDs and output to stand waist deep in eney and take it in stride. Getting low, full hot displacer beast. Unfortunately my glyphed purge is their kryptonite.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've thought HPaladin, although their heals are good, their utility is lacking. No movement impairing effect (unless you get the talent), their crowd controls are OK but they can be dispelled since they are magic, and only one get out of jail free card (Divine Shield). HPaladins also seem to run out of mana very quick and they only get a 12% restore every 2 minutes.

Monks will be receiving a buff in 5.2 which includes having Deadly Reach (level 60 talent) becoming baseline and changing it to a physical debuff making it undispellable, but it will only last 4 seconds against players (Cyclone lasts 6 seconds). Chi Wave will do 100% more damage and healing, no longer cost Chi, but have a 15 second cooldown. Zen Sphere will have a limit of 2 (was 1), detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Zen Sphere is dispelled, and will no longer costs Chi. Chi Burst will do 100% more damage and healing, no longer cost Chi, and have a 30 second cooldown. They will also receive many damage increases making the Mistweaver a stronger healer via damage. Their normal healing will still remain the same. Not to forget, they will also receive a buff that can be placed on a friendly target which will disarm and remove auto attack any nearby enemies along with a 3 second silence if any damaging spells that are cast.
Disable does reduce movement by 50% but only if the Monk stays within 10 yards of the target. Their Mana Tea seems a bit over powered in my opinion (4% for every 4 Chi used, up to 20 stacks WITHOUT a cooldown). From the tooltip, the Mistweaver mastery seems to be stupid but have never tested it. They also get a teleport (Transendence).

About Restoration Druids; they have the well known stealth which now has the same level and movement speed as Feral. They still can break movement impairing effects while shifting. Thanks to MoP they have a 20% reduction in damage taken to any friendly target for 12 seconds every 2 minutes. Nature's Vigil will have it's bonus reduced from 20% to 15%. Their Mushrooms will now absorb overhealing done by Rejuvenation up to 100% of the caster's life as bonus healing.

To be honest, I would recommend reading the 5.2 PTR notes if you still are deciding.

Myself? I am tied between Druid and Monk. HPaladin seems just weak and mana costly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Restoration Druid, Holy Paladins and Restoration Shamans seem to really shine. Mistweaver Monks are not bad and neither are competent Discipline Priests.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Everyone seems to be looking over Holy Priest. In random BG's (hardcore, I know) I have been enjoying Holy a bit more than Disc. With focused will coming to holy next patch it can only get better. One thing I like about the spec is that death is 25 seconds of free casting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Woe
02/06/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Eevii
Everyone seems to be looking over Holy Priest. In random BG's (hardcore, I know) I have been enjoying Holy a bit more than Disc. With focused will coming to holy next patch it can only get better. One thing I like about the spec is that death is 25 seconds of free casting.

I'm really liking Holy in randoms (I can't do Disc, I have just enough spirit on my gear to hit 6% hit as Shadow, so Rapture is god awful and Holy doesn't oom easily)
I'm hoping next patch will make holy even better.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Shaman > Paladin >> Druid >>> Holy priest > Monk >>> Disc priest

This will change in 5.2.
Edited by Feverfew on 2/6/2013 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/05/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Heartworms

There is no comparison, Holy Paladin/Restoration Shaman.

Anyone who tells you different is wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Resto shaman: The best PvP healer. If they can't heal through something, then no one could.

Holy paladin: The second best. Only weakness is in periods of extreme damage may have to open herself up to using a cast time spell unguarded if cooldowns have been expended.

Resto druid: All the tools, but just lacking the oomph.

Holy priest: Tons of throughput, squishy as a sponge.

Mistweaver monk: CC just makes them stronger, but not enough tools to deal with the extreme group damage.

Disc priest: Have fun being oom after twenty seconds. Everyone does your job better than you.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/05/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Iceguru
warriors!

For self heals, can't go wrong with this idea. Especially now that the healing on second wind is not getting a nerf after all in 5.2...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wish the forums had polls...

In 5.2 here are the noticable changes:

Druid - Restoration
Displacer Beast: No longer prowls but instead gives a 50% movement for 4 sec.
Cenarian Ward: Will increase healing by 100%. That might beat Nature's Swiftness...
Rejuvenation: Costs 9% less mana.
Naturalist: (level 10) Increases healing by 10%.

Monk - Mistweaver
Eminence: Reduced from 50% to 25%, but when you attack with Jab your next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick to deal 150% more damage and restore 2% mana.
It seems like Mistweaver will keep the healing they have in 5.1 and get a bonus to damage making their Eminence stronger.

Paladin - Holy
Sacred Shield: Can be dispelled.

Priest - Discipline
Angelic Bulwark: Can no longer be dispelled.
Power Word: Solace is being replaced with Solace and Insanity causing the new Holy Fire replacement spell to restore 1% mana (costs nothing but still has 10 sec cooldown), and heals a nearby ally for 100% of the damage done.
Mastery will now increase healing instead of shield value, but at a lesser amount.
Penance: Healing increased by 20%.

Priest - Holy
Nothing.

Shaman - Restoration
Glyph of Purge: Now adds a 6 sec cooldown.
Astral Guidance: Increased from 40% to 60%.

So far it looks as though Priest and Druid are getting the most love in the next patch. As for myself, I am conflicted between what I like about the classes: Druids are fun all around, Monks I do not know anything about, Paladins are good healers but are boring, Priests have Dispel Magic (costs about 20% of Purge without a cooldown), Shamans seem fun with interrupts. I looked up the top 50 Healers and 21 were Paladin, 12 were Shaman, 6 were Monk, 5 were Druid, and 4 were Priest.

If anyone wants to help me figure out which is best for me my favorite healing class in any game would be Mentalist (DAOC) and I will be doing RBGs; if that helps.
Edited by Bloodbackmtn on 2/23/2013 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]