Fast zombies vs. slow zombies

100 Undead Warlock
With WWZ coming out it is time to resurrect the old debate fast zombies vs. slow zombies?

28 Days Later gave us the fast zombies, they were shockingly new and of course controversial. So the question is fast zombies vs. slow zombies which do you prefer and why?

Me, slow zombies. They should be a menacing mindless horde compelled by instinct. The vast amounts of the individually poorly threatening masses is where the terror lays buried.
Edited by Bubblykiss on 12/5/2012 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Rogue
fast zombies, till they run their own arms and legs off and become stub zombies.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
As entertainment or something I would need to survive against?

Entertainment: fast zombies. Those create panic extremely fast

Survival: Slow. Because !@#$ fast zombies I don't want to deal with that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Remember those zombies that constantly ran at a marathon speed in the Dawn of the Dead remake in 2004? That terrified me more than anything I've ever seen in a zombie movie. How do you outrun something that can run at top speed constantly and will never get winded? The 28 Days Later "zombies" were less scary because they weren't actual zombies. They were still alive so you could kill them much more easily. They also don't eat people. They're just mindless murderers.

I'll take slow zombies any day. Fast zombies are a terrifying idea.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Reply Quote
My response is my opinion but here it goes.

Fast Zombies > Slow zombies in almost every way, for starters I believe zombies must be fast for a Zombie invasion to be remotely possible. However, I do not believe scientifically fast Zombies make sense, I believe that if a Zombie was to come to life, it would be slow...

And slow Zombies simply would not work as far as taking over the world, on movies they seem to get the job done but in real life slow zombies would get their asses handed to them pretty fast, so either way a Zombie apocalypse isn't possible.

Now back to the question, fast zombies are far more scary than dumb slow zombies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Southrnrebel
And slow Zombies simply would not work as far as taking over the world, on movies they seem to get the job done but in real life slow zombies would get their asses handed to them pretty fast, so either way a Zombie apocalypse isn't possible.

In movies slow, undead zombies proliferate because noone knows what's going on and noone knows to go for a headshot. Given how widely known headshots are for zombies irl, their threat of proliferating to pandemic levels are lessened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
There is going to be a mix and that would depend on the source of the zombies. It would also depend is they were real zombies aka Dawn of the Dead, or 28 days/resident evil infected. Well either way there would be a mix would be involved.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If zombies were to exist in real life, headshots wouldn't stop them. That's merely a convenience invented in horror stories to make them more exciting.

The only chance of survival would be to shoot them into the sun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Eneria
There is going to be a mix and that would depend on the source of the zombies. It would also depend is they were real zombies aka Dawn of the Dead, or 28 days/resident evil infected. Well either way there would be a mix would be involved.

Techincally the 28 series isnt really about zombies. Its about a simian virus that makes ppl go berserk. They act like zombies and can infect living ppl the same way in some ways
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
i tell this to my friends when we talk about this topic whats scarier a slow decomposing corpse coming at you that you can easily get away from (except in a large group) or a decomposing corpse that can outrun you even in small numbers.
Reply Quote
61 Human Death Knight
This picture summarizes what I would be like if zombies were real.

http://media.titanbooks.com/filebrowser/blog/various_images/zom.jpg
Reply Quote
In truth, zombies could never take over the world like they do in these shows. Can you imagine all of the SEALs against a city (like NY) of zombies? It wouldn't even be a challenge, it'd be target practice.
Edited by Abbaslupus on 12/14/2012 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
If zombies were to exist in real life, headshots wouldn't stop them. That's merely a convenience invented in horror stories to make them more exciting.

The only chance of survival would be to shoot them into the sun.

Pretty much. If you shoot an actual zombie in the head, it's not gonna do anything. Zombies are rotting corpses, which means their nerves have decayed, thus they can't feel pain. The only real way to stop them would be to do something like set them on fire.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think the World War Z book gave a very plausible scenario for a slow zombie outbreak. Not all countries are like American with a armed citizenry nor would accurate information be available. If an outbreak occurred in a highly populated third world country like India or China and went uncontained for 3 weeks It would be extremely hard to put a lid on the situation.

Then you have the Walking Dead and Romero universes where if you die you reanimate no matter what. That's pretty much a worst case scenario and possibly an unavoidable extinction event when 250,000 - 300,000 people die each day normally.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock

Pretty much. If you shoot an actual zombie in the head, it's not gonna do anything. Zombies are rotting corpses, which means their nerves have decayed, thus they can't feel pain. The only real way to stop them would be to do something like set them on fire.

Well, the theory in many zombie movies is that the brain is still somewhat active, just enough that it moves the body, can see and hear, and feels the urge to eat I believe.

correct.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]