need help on quest

22 Undead Warlock
the battle of skies...in pandaria... how am i suppose to beat the dragon?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Right click on the fireworks you see on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
To do this quest you need to keep an eye on the dragon's shadow. When it is near a firework you set it off by clicking on it. Eventually the dragon will come down and you can attack it. Rinse and repeat to kill it.

Just so you know the island where pandas start is known as the wandering isle, not pandaria. Pandaria is the 85+ zone.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
thanks yall i got him!!!
Reply Quote
53 Orc Hunter
there is another problem... the warsong quest...i cant get to...i will check once servers are up again which quest it is..but i cant get to the question mark
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Man, that's confusing. Thinking you're just some random hunter hijacking an unrelated thread. :)

12/06/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Sosara
there is another problem... the warsong quest...i cant get to...i will check once servers are up again which quest it is..but i cant get to the question mark

With nothing else to go on, I'ma guess it's either on a platform above you or in a cave below you. Hover over the question mark on the mini-map, and see if you get a little arrow pointing up or down next to the NPC's name. That indicates it's above or below you. If that's the case, read the quest text a little closer and see if it mentions a cave or hill or something.

If not, look the quest up on wowhead.com and read the comments. Chances are someone else has had the same problem and said something about it. There are a few quests where the question mark on the map sort of hops around, especially in cases where the NPC can appear in different areas (e.g., he's in one spot when he gives you the quest, then "meets" you by the bad guy's corpse or something).
Edited by Ratatoskr on 12/6/2012 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
53 Orc Hunter
where do i go for the warchief quest of feralas
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
This one?

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28510

You go here:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=39377
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
To make Rata's underlying point more explicit: if you find you're stuck on a particular quest, wowhead.com is a really useful site for double-checking where you should be, where the bad guy is, etc. Definitely worth bookmarking!
Reply Quote
53 Orc Hunter
why am i doing quests and not leveling?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Well, if you're still in Feralas, you're probably doing quests that you've outleveled, so they aren't granting experience. Take a look at that warchief's command quest again:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28510

In the Quick Facts section in the upper right, you can see (under Difficulty), that quest is yellow difficulty at 34, green at 38, and gray (no XP) at 44. I'd imagine Feralas quests are generally in a similar range, at least until you get into later quest hubs in that zone.

Even if the quests aren't gray, they are likely green difficulty, which lowers the XP you get per quest. Mobs will be lower level as well, so you'll be leveling more slowly than you would if you moved on to higher-level quest hubs. You can check your quest log to see what color/difficulty the quests you have are.
Edited by Ratatoskr on 12/7/2012 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
53 Orc Hunter
quests with 3000-5000 xp still doesnt jump the line much
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/07/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Sosara
quests with 3000-5000 xp still doesnt jump the line much

The higher up you go, the more at-level quests you have to do to go up each level.

At level 1 it only takes 2-3 level 1 quests to get you to level 2.
At level 89 it takes a hundred or so level 89 quests to get you to level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
No, 3-5k out of 96k ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Experience_to_level#Experience_to_level_by_level ) isn't a massive percentage, but if the line is moving at all, it's just a matter of time.

Low levels go by very quickly in comparison to high levels. The further along you get, the more quests you'll be doing at each level to reach the next level.
Reply Quote
53 Orc Hunter
how does people het there so fast...people that just got the new expansion at levels 60's already..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Sosara
how does people het there so fast...people that just got the new expansion at levels 60's already..

Because leveling is easy and they play often? Veterans with heirloom gear and a good knowledge of the game can push levels even faster.
Reply Quote
53 Orc Hunter
what and how do i get heirloom gear...how is leveling easy when the bar doesnt move??
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Sosara
what and how do i get heirloom gear...how is leveling easy when the bar doesnt move??

Leveling is easy for most players because the quests are simple and you can do multiple quests at once. Quests are also more streamlined and link together more than they used to.

Everything you need to know about heirloom gear is here:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Heirloom
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/08/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Sosara
.how is leveling easy when the bar doesnt move??

The bar DOES move, when you are doing quest appropriate for your level and killing things that are appropriate for your level.

Look at your quest log, if the quests are gray or green, then they're not giving you as much XP as those that you would get at your level (those quests are yellow). Also gray and green quests often have you go kill gray-leveled creatures. Creatures with a gray level award no XP when you kill them.

As you gain levels, quests that you obtained when you were a lower level drop down in color rank. Going from yellow to green to gray. Once they reach gray, the gear rewards are too low for them to be worth it, the XP is minimal, and the coin reward pales in comparison to what you'd get from a yellow quest.
Edited by Avanna on 12/8/2012 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]