Wild Pets and Capturing needs to change

90 Human Paladin
I have done over 400 PvE battles since patch, no idea how many PvP. I have gotten one beast stone.

I have gotten 48 bags- one beast stone.

one beast stone+one beast stone= 2 beast stones

Yes battles-stones are so easy to get.

/rolls eyes.

P.S. I wouldn't waste a super rare stone on a pet that I can get in rare with a little hunting.
Edited by Annimositty on 12/6/2012 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/06/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Annimositty
I have done over 400 PvE

About what op has total, which is why experience really does make a difference when commenting on stuff like this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have been collecting rares for some time now. On very very few occasions I have white flagged out of battle. Usually if I do its because two seperate pets were close to each other and I engage the wrong one. I am not a camper like many rare hunters. If an area is full of other players, I'll swap to another area until the fuss dies down. I do level pets while I'm hunting. I am running of regular spawns to hunt through. People that kill rare spawn pets are not rare hunters, they are griefing. Killing regular spawns to promote rare spawns is understandable but it is also pretty jerky if you see someone trying to engage those regular spawns. White flagging out of battle to get a jump on the next guy is jerky as well. All that being said, I probably have more advanced rare pets then the people who are complaining it is their right to be a jerk because it's the best way to get rares.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The fix is easy and obvious. Implement a debuff for bailing on a pet battle. Say three to five minutes that you cannot engage in another pet battle. That would put a major slow down on those who engage, see they don't want that quality, dump the battle and despawn the pet and move onto the next one. It would give others at least a decent chance. Blizz employs this method for many things in the game, why not for pet battles? Was the pet battle system created with the idea that people would use the forfeit option in this way? I don't think they did.

Mumper said he wanted the minfernal to be ridiculously hard to get. . THIS hard?? Really? He took into account people killing them to find rares only? I already have the flawless battlestone waiting for my minfernal should I EVER get one. Mumper wanted to make sure none but a very select few would get the safari achievement after all the hours and hours you have to invest just to get all those wild pets? If so I think they are just mean spirited. Because with some 12 hours logged just trying to SEE a spawn of a minfernal, I have yet to even see one except when I am on a flight path. It's obnoxious. Implementing the battle stones was nice, but it will not stop people from wasting the very rare pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/06/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Angeldustt
The fix is easy and obvious

The first part how would you know if its true, the second part I just flat out disagree with.

Not sure why people think anything but upping the spawn timer makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/06/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Jinglebells
Now with pet stones easily available, its not that important to get a rare.
I stopped reading there

12/06/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Breathagain
I have been collecting rares for some time now. On very very few occasions I have white flagged out of battle. Usually if I do its because two seperate pets were close to each other and I engage the wrong one. I am not a camper like many rare hunters. If an area is full of other players, I'll swap to another area until the fuss dies down. I do level pets while I'm hunting. I am running of regular spawns to hunt through. People that kill rare spawn pets are not rare hunters, they are griefing. Killing regular spawns to promote rare spawns is understandable but it is also pretty jerky if you see someone trying to engage those regular spawns. White flagging out of battle to get a jump on the next guy is jerky as well. All that being said, I probably have more advanced rare pets then the people who are complaining it is their right to be a jerk because it's the best way to get rares.
And who are you to tell me how I should play a game? What is "jerky" and what isn't.

Mumper said he wanted the minfernal to be ridiculously hard to get. . THIS hard??
Entitlement.
Edited by Kutas on 12/6/2012 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am happy to be labelled a 'jerk' by people I don't know on the internet.

You play the game the way you want to, I'll play it my way; a way which is enabled and sometimes even encourage by current mechanics. This includes despawning non-rares and fearing alliance out of their battles to check their pet for quality before despawning that too. I'm also that person that summons the pet I'm farming a rare of so everyone knows I already have one while I'm destroying spawn after spawn. I've also been known to alt+f4 out of a battle with a rare I've already got to give to others. I've given away 4 upgrade stones (have gotten almost 15 since the patch). We all have our lines in the sand.

It is a game with millions playing in different and sometimes conflicting ways, what makes you think everyone deserves exactly what they want out of it? Why is somebodies desire to catch a certain pet of any variety more important than my desire to catch it as a rare? If you want something than work for it like everyone else. You don't just get a pet for showing up and demanding it, some of them take time.

Have I ever lost out on something because of another player? Plenty, that's life. The risk adds to the challenge which adds to the gratification. You want a guaranteed chance at a pet? Go to the pound.
Edited by Jitterbug on 12/6/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was actually glad in 5.1 that the pets were rare. it took me more than a few days to get them all, and now I go for rares of everything.

The manner that some people suggest wow should operate would render it a homologous mess that would have a set number of hours. Say Skyrim, but without the interesting things, with a cap time of 400 hours useful gameplay.

You want it to change, we hear that. We are ok with how it is. We enjoy it. Since this is one of the only threads on this (whereas Minfernal spawns are like...a hundred threads deep) I think that more people are ok with how it is than now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Personally thought the new pets weren't rare enough, didn't take me long to get rare versions of all.

Except the crow. Always the crow.
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Druid
The fix is easy and obvious. Implement a debuff for bailing on a pet battle. Say three to five minutes that you cannot engage in another pet battle. That would put a major slow down on those who engage, see they don't want that quality, dump the battle and despawn the pet and move onto the next one. It would give others at least a decent chance. Blizz employs this method for many things in the game, why not for pet battles? Was the pet battle system created with the idea that people would use the forfeit option in this way? I don't think they did.

this is a great idea. problem is like others have said, players will just fight the battle fast and clear anyways.

So a better solution would be a timer on the amount of times you can engage and start combat with the same wild pet.
something like you can only attack the same pet once every two minutes.
If you try again, it will say you cant do that.
This would give other players a chance at the pets also and not allow one player to take all the spawns.

Increasing the amount of spawns is not the solution.
that would just make rare spawns less rare.
I have no problem with the spawn rate, even if its on an 8 hour timer. I like that. I dont mind things being rare.
The only think I dont like is when one player takes all the spawns.
I am certain that blizzard did not intend for one player to take every single spawn off the map preventing everyone else from getting a pet.
This is not like gear where one item drops and one person gets it. this is mutliple pet spawns that should be available for more than one player.

And they should also increase the drop rate of pet battle stones, since there are people flaming me non stop about my comment in regards to that.
If pet battle stones had a higher drop rate there would be less stress about capturing a rare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What makes you think this isn't intended? There are multiple herb spawns in a zone but if I'm the only person there I can take them all. Same with dirt piles. Quest items or mobs. Everything else is first in first served.

If you aren't able to get ONE in the time somebody else cleared out the 15+ then you obviously weren't there at the same time so why should they have to be penalized for a person who isn't even there? Who might not EVER be there? A theoretical player who may or may not turn up in 5mins time or 5 days.

It makes no sense to me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I have no problem with the spawn rate, even if its on an 8 hour timer. I like that. I dont mind things being rare.
The only think I dont like is when one player takes all the spawns.
I am certain that blizzard did not intend for one player to take every single spawn off the map preventing everyone else from getting a pet.
This is not like gear where one item drops and one person gets it. this is mutliple pet spawns that should be available for more than one player.

And they should also increase the drop rate of pet battle stones, since there are people flaming me non stop about my comment in regards to that.
If pet battle stones had a higher drop rate there would be less stress about capturing a rare.

You know what else would mean less stress about capturing a rare? UPPING THE SPAWN RATES. Because let's be honest, if they raised the stone drop rate to something remotely reasonable, I'd be out there farming less-thoroughly-represented families anyway just for the stones. You want the rare-spawns to stay hard to find, you're going to have to deal with the fact that someone else can find them, too. I don't know what you have against raising the spawn rates to make it easier for other people to find them - the rare quality ones would still be rare, and there would be plenty of the other quality for people who just want one and don't care if it's rare, or who are farming them for the stones which hypothetically would drop from them.

I honestly don't know what your problem is because you're complaining that you can't get rare-spawn pets but then you turn around and say that you don't mind things being rare. Pets are a resource, like herbs and minerals. If Blizzard truly intended for there to not be any competition, they'd be phased like archeology.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Why is it that the people who are spouting the "rare spawn battle pets staying rare" always the people who have didn't farm up rare pets prior to MoP?
Reply Quote
"Pet Stones being easily available"

LMFAO

just do the daily quests for the pet bags.
I have gotten two stones from eight bags

That's because you were lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
What makes you think this isn't intended? There are multiple herb spawns in a zone but if I'm the only person there I can take them all. Same with dirt piles. Quest items or mobs. Everything else is first in first served.

If you aren't able to get ONE in the time somebody else cleared out the 15+ then you obviously weren't there at the same time so why should they have to be penalized for a person who isn't even there? Who might not EVER be there? A theoretical player who may or may not turn up in 5mins time or 5 days.

It makes no sense to me.

Herbs, dirt piles, quest items and mobs all respawn at varying times throughout the day/week. - Unlike Minfernals.

Minfernals only appear after a reset.
(Yes, I know there are one or two reports of them being found between resets but I've searched for hundreds of hours, killing everything else in the area to force a spawn, and none have appeared.)

Resets and shutdowns tend only happen in the wee small hours as far as Australians are concerned, and then the down time is often, understandably, extended. This can mean going without sleep for the night to be there at restart, which I can put up with and have already done many times, but even then I don't have a @!#$%^& chance because my realm never comes up until all the others have been up for ages.

I'm guessing Mumper doesn't give a hoot about those living in other time zones, or having their toons on those servers that are always delayed in restarting.

Hearing that a dev thinks this is a great way to do things makes me long to do things to that dev which he might not enjoy very much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]