First boss down!!!

100 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Latree
nothing compares to the excitment of killing a boss as a raid

Agreed.

That's why I love raiding. The agony of wiping, wiping, wiping, and then ... BAM. Everything falls into place. My favorite was struggling with Halfus. We probably entered BoT a bit before everyone's gear was up to par, so we had healing issues, then tanks getting smooshed, then hitting enrage. So many close wipes.

And then: he died. Whoop whoops over vent.
Reply Quote
38 Goblin Warlock
Congratz man hitting a brick wall and being trapped on the other side where you cant get through and then BAM break the wall down, boss dies and its glorious. I don't personally feel the other guy telling them to gem and enchant was being mean and by all means it is solid advice if your looking to be a bit of a better player. If it doesnt matter to you, screw it and have fun man :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Congrats. First time you kill something is always so satisfying.

I hope all the loot that dropped was upgrades for your team so you can down Feng with ease! He really is easier imo.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I wasn't trying to be that guy, and I know I'm just an 'average Joe' raider - my progression is meh at best. But situations like this are the reason we have progressive nerfs. I think it's great that you don't want the content to be nerfed, we need more people like that. But in Blizzard's eyes, it's not acceptable to spend that long on a boss like normal mode Stone Guard.

For every guild that perseveres like this, many other just give up. There's a clear pattern in these guilds that are stuck on Stone Guard and Feng, people in the raid aren't taking the time to prepare before hand. I didn't go hunting down every member of the OP's guild, those were just the first 3 I came across. I'm not trying to belittle your guild's accomplishment, grats on the kill. But it's just sad to see guilds struggle when there are several people who just won't spend the 10 minutes to prepare their character to raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Lycanthros
Having the same people in the raid team for at least 2 weeks in a row makes a big difference. Knowing your teammates and how they perform really is important.

Ugh, I know what you mean. I went through 2 "raiding" guilds before settling in on my current one (actually had been in it way back when I was up-and-coming, but it wasn't serious about raiding at that point so I moved on). The first guild had some pretty decent raiders, but then the GL started to really throw his weight around through his "council", since he started being on less and less outside of raid nights. I had joined the guild at the tail-end of Wrath (thus leaving my current one), so I was in it when Cataclysm dropped. Problem was, no one really wanted to do the T11 raids, so stuff really fell apart around the time T12 (Firelands) was current. Eventually the better raiders jumped ship, but I apparently never catch wind until it's too late, but I jump to a (at the time) better raiding guild.

That one had it's own problems. I joined it partway into the Firelands patch, 4.2. I had actually brought all my toons over, but they only wanted my Paladin for her tanking. Had a fun time progressing with the guild, but eventually one of the friends I had made in that guild left, and the GL just wrote it off like it was nothing. Eventually the Co-GMs in the guild (who were good friends with the GL, and she really wasn't the hard type, so the two Co-GMs really handled most everything) started to not like my attitude, so I caught the hint and came back to my current guild, Scions. The GL (who is probably one of my oldest friends in this game) would occasionally help out the guild I was in by off-tanking or dpsing when we were short, so I was able to catch up with him and he gladly accepted me back in.

And I'm happy about our progression. :D
Reply Quote
nothing like a kill you worked hard on its always satisfying grats on your kill :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Grats. We didn't get it until I took the tanking into my own hands, and this far into the expansion now you can pick up some pug healers who can put out decent healing numbers.

12/05/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Zionic
Out of curiosity, how many raiders did you lose over the course of these 2 months?

It sorted out the wheat from the chaff, got rid of all the people who thought they'd AFK through the raid tier.

12/04/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Trollinhobo
Feng is really only difficult if your group can't execute a proper strategy. Its also a healer check.

I would disagree here - Feng can be 2-healed by average healers. This week we actually 1shot it despite the trial healer dying at the start.

This is of course assuming your tanks operate Shroud and Barrier and taunt effectively - like many fights, you can shift responsibility between the roles.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Feng is a tank competency check, the fight becomes worlds easier with proper mimick and shielding
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
My raid group is stuck on Feng, but we can make it all the way to 3rd phase before wiping. I think we might get him down this week, as we had a couple close ones last week. Hopefully we will get at least 2 bosses down Friday.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Congrats.

You shouldn't have too rough of a time until Elegon.

I dunno about that. Gara'jal can be a bit rough until you get the totem rotation down and it's also a bit of a DPS check.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Vyeeria
My raid group is stuck on Feng, but we can make it all the way to 3rd phase before wiping. I think we might get him down this week, as we had a couple close ones last week. Hopefully we will get at least 2 bosses down Friday.

Pro tips:
- On P2, barrier #1 and #3 Draw Flame. Time warp through #2. If your tanks operate the barrier right, then Feng will not get any flame-enhanced attacks off after the Draw Flame #3, and you go into P3 with the raid topped off.

- In P3, tank him in centre, have ranged/healers spread around about 10 yards from boss. When Velocity happens, stack under boss's legs, and move out again just before Velocity ends.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Congrats.

You shouldn't have too rough of a time until Elegon.

I dunno about that. Gara'jal can be a bit rough until you get the totem rotation down and it's also a bit of a DPS check.

My RL had a nice Add-on that displays what 3 people (2 dps and a healer) should kill the totem and Cross Over. It checks who has the Voodoo Doll debuff so it can fill in alternates. Really helped us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]