Question on Savagekin RP.. ((OOC))

90 Worgen Druid
Hello, today I heard of a interesting type of roleplaying style .. if you haven't guessed already, it is Savagekin. For all of you who don't know what a savagekin is it is a druid who is devoted to connecting to a feral life in the wild as a animal, They have little to no humanity much like feral worgen. I had a few questions:

- Would be able to communicate be speaking or even telepathy?
- Would I be able to change into different animals? Or would I be devoted and stuck as one animal.
- How long would I have to spend in forms in order to start becoming feral?
- How would I roleplay as a actual saveagekin and not 'Dwah, look at the kitty kat or the teddy bear'?

Thank you for taking the time to answer some of my questions and feel free to add any other tips on how to roleplay as a savagekin. Have a great day! :) -Moon Guardian Suincune
Edited by Suincune on 12/4/2012 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
All I know is that it is frowned upon. Try finding a group of friends who will accept you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Despite the Savagekin class being non-canon, as stemming from the RPG books, let's take a look at what it says.

12/04/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Suincune
- Would be able to communicate be speaking or even telepathy?

As they are able to retake their humanoid forms, we can assume that they are still able to communicate with sophisticated language. However, they differ from druids, who can speak in animal forms, as they identify more with beast than with man. After a while, your savagekin will probably lose the ability to communicate with others of his or her own race.

Luckily, you can still chat with animals according to WoWpedia.

- Would I be able to change into different animals? Or would I be devoted and stuck as one animal.

As they are essentially "becoming the beast" they are transforming into, I think it would be safe to assume that past a certain point, the druid training is forgotten and one form is mastered.

- How long would I have to spend in forms in order to start becoming feral?

There aren't any solid numbers, but I think it would take a few years ranging up to decades of nothing but feral form with no contact with civilization.

- How would I roleplay as a actual saveagekin and not 'Dwah, look at the kitty kat or the teddy bear'?

You don't touch cities. Ever.

You are incredibly wary of strangers. Depending on how feral your savagekin has become, you can attack them with little to no provocation.

Don't "purr" if someone tries to pat you on the head. Bite their hand off.

As a savagekin, you have begun to abandon the societal restrains that your culture had forced upon you. Being nice to people is incredibly low on your priority list.

12/04/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Augustev
All I know is that it is frowned upon

Why?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I did find a link on MG forums about rping a savagekin. And really, it is not hard to do per se, just the fact you need to do it with other savagekin, and not go into cities. And remember you are not a housecat or tame animal of ANY kind.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004446711

I however use my various forms as they are intended. Stormcrow as a flying scout, searching from the air for enemy troop movements. Cat to fight, or bear if I must tank something. One thing I really do not like is the stag form. I much prefer the cheetah form. Wish they would come out with a glyph for that.

I do like the orca swim form a lot better than the ugly sealion. Wish I could attack in that form though, after all they are "killer" whales.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Mage
12/04/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Wulfdancer
One thing I really do not like is the stag form. I much prefer the cheetah form. Wish they would come out with a glyph for that.

Glyph of the Cheetah
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks Silvestris!! I will be hunting for that!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]