Why was the idea of carrying melee and ..

90 Human Hunter
ranged weapons ever taken out of the game? I miss having badass melee weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Probably to reduce the amount of crying between Monks, Druids and Hunters about the polearms/staves.
At least we retain the ability to equip them for aesthetic reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
still baffles me, I always looked forward to acquiring cool dual wield weapons for looks, i also always liked raptor strike.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Don't forget wing clip. That was one kick-!@# ability.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Mongoose bite and counterattack. Nobody even remembers those anymore. Oh... and lacerate.
Reply Quote
Personally I think having our bow on our back looks awesome. Makes more sense too, rather than running around with a melee weapon displayed that we almost never used, then when we went to shoot, pull a bow out of our asss.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/04/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Stalkings
Oh... and lacerate.

Ya, but we dont talk about that anymore
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/04/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Ahmazing
ranged weapons ever taken out of the game? I miss having badass melee weapons.

Monks

Edit: To be clear, they didn't want to have to juggle a stat stick on the new class (i.e. Relic, or Thrown?)
Edited by Verdash on 12/5/2012 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/05/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Rämbo
Personally I think having our bow on our back looks awesome. Makes more sense too, rather than running around with a melee weapon displayed that we almost never used, then when we went to shoot, pull a bow out of our asss.

I get what you are saying, it makes sense but it doesn't, because how could you shoot a man at point blank range with a weapon such as Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle (hope that's the right ID >_<) it's just to big to make sense :P. anyways, I just miss having dual wield, plus with the xmorg, it just swarms my mind with xmorg ideas that I cannot do anymore, unless I just wanna run around Stormwind like that for looks. anyways.

On a side note, I do like carrying the bow/gun on my back. you are right about that, it is cool. but I think it'd be cool to have the gun on your back + weapons at your hips.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Stat sticks are neither fun nor interesting and they clog loot tables.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
because how could you shoot a man at point blank range with a weapon such as Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle (hope that's the right ID >_<) it's just to big to make sense :P

Yes, because being closer to a target would impede a lump of metal's ability to punch through a target.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]