Shopping for a "Gaming" Desktop

56 Pandaren Monk
I'm on the market for a good desktop and I know little about computers. I found this one on Newegg and was hoping someone might be able to surmise if it's as good of a deal as it seems to be
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437
It's the iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE615FX if anyone's familiar with it. The price is right (trying to keep it under $500), and the reviews are pretty sound overall.
I want to get into a lot more PvP in game and I know my little emachine is just gonna crap out if I try anything more than Heroics (I have to run the graphics at the lowest settings). NO MORE! I deserve better so if anyone has some good advice please, do tell.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Graphics card is good for the price, but CPU is poor.
But for $500, pre-built, not a bad starter gaming build.

If you built your own, you can probably get a better build though.
Edited by Kalganized on 12/4/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
56 Pandaren Monk
Graphics card is good for the price, but CPU is poor.
But for $500, pre-built, not a bad starter gaming build.

If you built your own, you can probably get a better build though.

Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Price is decent. If you have the technical know-how, you have a lot more room to wiggle with. The 7750 is a decent card for that price but you won't be maxing WoW. If I were in your position, and had the means to do so, I would hold off and save up another $100. It makes a big difference.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Liposuction
Price is decent. If you have the technical know-how, you have a lot more room to wiggle with. The 7750 is a decent card for that price but you won't be maxing WoW. If I were in your position, and had the means to do so, I would hold off and save up another $100. It makes a big difference.

I second this emotion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I want to get into a lot more PvP in game and I know my little emachine is just gonna crap out if I try anything more than Heroics (I have to run the graphics at the lowest settings). NO MORE! I deserve better so if anyone has some good advice please, do tell.

Well, no, it's not a good deal, it's exactly what you would expect to pay for that kind of system. As long as you know it's a budget system going in, and in effect no more than a replacement for your current e-Machine system in terms of what it is built to do, though hopefully with higher baseline performance, I suppose you would possibly be satisfied.

But I think you would be able to do better either building your own or even just putting more money into a system.
Edited by Lyrenna on 12/5/2012 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, short of some good sale somewhere. Which given that it's out of stock on Newegg, and previous generation hardware, I could believe in finding a closeout savings.

Then again, maybe that was NewEgg's closeout price, I can't find it elsewhere except for 100 dollars more which really takes it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]