I demand a refund! (When the (real) world ends)

90 Draenei Hunter
Has anyone calculated leap years to figure out when the apocalypse should have actually happened?

No, because the "Mayans don't have leap years" thing is a myth. The Mayan calendar is based on days, not years. The individual who calculated the days took leap years into account when determining the end of the world.

For a nice summary, check out this post:
http://jameswatt.me/2012/03/07/mayan-calendar-and-the-gregorian-leap-year/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Has anyone calculated leap years to figure out when the apocalypse should have actually happened?

I didn't, because I try to avoid anything math-related. But I'd love to know if someone else can math.

Someone did If memory serves with Leap years the Dooms day that is suppose to happen on Dec 21 2012 actually happened Nov 11th 2010 or 2011

Key point People have been predicting the end of the world since the begining of the world. So how many of them have been right? If the world is going to end there isn't anything thing that anyone of us or even our species could do to prevent it.* So enjoy your time don't worry and when the end comes the end comes.

*: I am speaking of massive no reproachable cataclysms like a supernova or a mythical deity winking us out of exsistance I know some natural disasters can be prevented.
Edited by Spiritflame on 12/5/2012 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

Someone did If memory serves with Leap years the Dooms day that is suppose to happen on Dec 21 2012 actually happened Nov 11th 2010 or 2011

Not true. See comment and link above.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I can never tell if people are gonna be pleased or disappointed in they are still alive on 12-22.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
12/05/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Manaaddicted
I can never tell if people are gonna be pleased or disappointed in they are still alive on 12-22.

I'll be pleased if I'm still alive.

Others, maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Manaaddicted

As of right now in this particular moment, I would be disappointed. But I am all upset right now and speaking only from that dark place.

Normally I'd be happy to live.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Xiaoli

As of right now in this particular moment, I would be disappointed. But I am all upset right now and speaking only from that dark place.

Normally I'd be happy to live.

Chin up there, pal. Disney movies are now on Netflix streaming. So the world just became a better place*.

*If you like Disney movies and have Netflix.
Reply Quote
15 Human Priest
My account subscription expires 3 whole days AFTER the world ends. I want a refund on those 3 days so I can actually spend the money on something I can use!

Thank you

I'll tell ya what.. if the world really does end on 12/21 then I'll personally refund you the 3 remaining days.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Actually.. they have a contract but the movies won't be available til 2016.

I prefer just going to Disneyland instead. Doomsday had better not destroy Disneyland.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

How will you be able to discuss options if the world ended. I don't think it but just curious.

Blizzard has already developed technology to telepathically link our minds with theirs so they can rule us after the world ends just like they rule us via WoW now.

If it wasn't for you meddling kids, we would have pulled it off too!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Actually.. they have a contract but the movies won't be available til 2016.

That's just new movies released starting in 2016 (when the First Run contract with Starz expires). Current catalog is going to be made available shortly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Blizzard has already developed technology to telepathically link our minds with theirs so they can rule us after the world ends just like they rule us via WoW now.

If it wasn't for you meddling kids, we would have pulled it off too!

jinkies!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/05/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Appi
The Mayans didn't have leap years....

Or predict the end of the world, it's a myth.. their calendar ends.. why? Because it cycles over.. what's the point of doing the same work.. it should be OBVIOUS the calendar starts over, and they call these people "Doctors of Science". Whatever.

I guess they couldn't science up a way to defeat the Spainards.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

I guess they couldn't science up a way to defeat the Spainards.

The best days of the Mayans were already over before the Spaniards showed up. It was the Incans and Aztecs (still ascending) who were cut off in their prime.

EDIT: I'll also point out that they fought off the Spaniards much longer than the others, and are still a surviving ethnic race.
Edited by Kyrthae on 12/5/2012 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/05/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Teelo
Let's see if the world ends first and then if it does, we can discuss options. ;)
I hereby accept your offer. By reading this post, you are now contractually bound to pay me $1000 after December 21 2012 and no later than December 25 2012.

Only if and when the world ends though ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]