Vhalan's Tuscan Bean Stew(Healer OT)

90 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Eikocarol
Instead we had a ret pally struggling to break 30k.

I'm pretty sure I can sustain like half of that as a resto shaman, maybe more.

I sustained 30k on Wind Lord. >.> As Disc.
90 Gnome Priest
Make connections with friends on the forums.

what

friends on the internet ;_;

Skootalloo, it looks like your progression is pretty close to mine right now. What times do you guys raid? I hate to say, I wouldn't think of myself as reliable unless you raid Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Close! Wednesdays and Thursdays. 5-9 PM server time (Pacific). Website here:

http://cinnamonchallenge.enjin.com/

EDIT: i dum. Wednesday/Thursday. It's been a long week and I still have stuff to do.

EDIT:
and Skoots... I would be tempted to transfer to Proudmoore... but, it would never work out, you and I.

o gad, double disc no.

Nothing against Disc priests. Just...multiple disc priests in the same place at the same time.
Edited by Skootalloo on 12/13/2012 12:49 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I sustained 30k on Wind Lord. >.> As Disc.

I was talking purely dpsing and not healing at all as resto. Our dps is really weak compared to other healers.
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm pretty sure I can sustain like half of that as a resto shaman, maybe more
lol...
I'll have to look at the log tomorrow, but I think he wasn't doing anything during FnV (gottastayinthebubble gottastayinthebubble) and discs (dontgethit dontgethit).

Options are: fish around in trade for someone who, on average, isn't much better; or take the friend/guildie of the other pug dps. The other officers prefer to pug people they know, which I understand. But we need a replacement dps and either a new tank, a new healer, or our previous OT to come back. We'll see what happens after the new year, I suppose.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Evry
I'm pretty sure I can sustain like half of that as a resto shaman, maybe more
lol...
I'll have to look at the log tomorrow, but I think he wasn't doing anything during FnV (gottastayinthebubble gottastayinthebubble) and discs (dontgethit dontgethit).

Options are: fish around in trade for someone who, on average, isn't much better; or take the friend/guildie of the other pug dps. The other officers prefer to pug people they know, which I understand. But we need a replacement dps and either a new tank, a new healer, or our previous OT to come back. We'll see what happens after the new year, I suppose.

Vizier almost always drops a bubble directly at his feet for F&V. We never, ever make our Melee move during F&V. He should be able to DPS right through it.
90 Night Elf Priest
"should" and "did" are two very different things. And I don't know about the bubbles, I'm just conjecturing how a 487 ret pally manages <50k on that fight. We put all melee in the inner bubble, healers + 2 ranged in middle, and mage/eleshammy in far bubble.
90 Gnome Priest
Yeah, we've been three-healing it too. 2-healing might be a better alternative. FnV is still gonna be brutal but, well...Here's the log from our kill (missing a lot of attempts, but got the important bits):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s0453ezcez4gr55n/

Axoxa is one of our pseudo-raiders who's been sort of filling in that 10th spot when we need them. Usually as Boomkin, but our normal third healer (who joined later on) went missing, so they covered for her.

Me and Desc could get away with 2-healing some bits. FnV probably isn't the scariest. Moreso the unpredictable burst from Convert. Would probably have to handle CCs better.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Skoots, don't be afraid to have your Boomkin pop a Tranq if she's not healing. Also, both of your Warriors should be able to help with a battle flag or whatever it is. Every single bit of damage that Vizier does is physical, meaning that they can affect it with...I forget the ability, but it's basically a pretty badass raid CD.

I normally heal everyone to full as we get to the platform, then start a Spirit Shell rotation, then we have people pop personal CDs the second F&V.
90 Night Elf Priest
12/13/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Tiriél
Skoots, don't be afraid to have your Boomkin pop a Tranq if she's not healing.

We have an ele shammy and a boomkin. Lots of cds to call for.
For MC platform, what helped us a lot was having the raid stack behind the tank so the exhales always hit the tank (they still stun the target, however). On arrival, I'd heal up the raid, burn fear/root, then get spirit shell on the tank, and then myself and the other healer if we didn't get mc'd. Then be ready to spam up the MC'd people. On phase 2, I've had the best luck with spamming PW:S on the mc'd ppl to get them as soon as it breaks, then get a HTT down.

anyway... this feels too off topic for the off topic thread.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Tailias

The general consensus for class balance seems to be "BUFF (X class) UNTIL EVERYONE HATES THEM! NO ONE ELSE CAN BEAT (X class)MUAHAHAHAHA!"

And then about 15 days later "wait, you mean X class is overpowered? NERF THEM TO HELL"

Yeah. It makes me glad that I'm a Holy Paladin who doesn't have to ride the buff/nerf rollercoaster.

I can't remember the last time my class got nerfed. I guess there was that little mana cost increase to HR back in early Dragon Soul, but that was a) totally justified, and b) not a big enough nerf to matter.

I'm not hilariously OP, but I also can't really complain about my class.

I wouldn't call it a roller-coaster, necessarily, but paladins were nerfed twice in Cataclysm, both coming before Dragon Soul. Tower of Radiance after the first month or so, then mana cost increases across the board with Firelands.

You should have seen the paladin QQ saying that we weren't going to be viable anymore, and the shaman harrharr that they were going to be the best tank healers.

Moving farther ahead - 30k dps as Ret? Doesn't auto-attack + Crusader Strike do that much at that ilvl?

Heartsings - Evade is always recruiting good players, but I'm not sure about a druid healer. Not that druids are bad, but we have been stacked on healers since Wrath, so I just don't know. Feel free to check us out though, especially if 25m is your thing. I just looked, and I don't know how up-to-date the website is, but it looks like we are recruiting feral/balance druids, but not resto. Again, that may be out of date.

http://evade.wowstead.com/recruitment

Riôt
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hey Riot (and other Holy Pallies): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7392649794
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nothing against Disc priests. Just...multiple disc priests in the same place at the same time.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE~!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Keirisonis

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE~!

Fixed.

<3

Riôt
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Riôt

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE~!

Fixed.

<3

Riôt

Derp. Just watched that the other day. thankies.
90 Blood Elf Monk
I can't wait to start our alt run so I can also teach 10man raiders how to 10man.

Unless we have enough for alt 25 again.
90 Human Priest
Killed heroic emp

I dieded halfway.

A spark chased me all the way from mid to the end of the wall where I was sandwiched between the wall, the spark, and the two emps doing their combo strike. I looked at it, PSed myself...then died an electrifying death.

orz

On the upside guild druid is now top druid for WoL by a mile and and a half. GG 4 healing half of the fight.

/feels worthless
90 Troll Shaman
12/13/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Zamboozle
Killed heroic emp

I like after the 14th wave when sh** gets real and you cc everything you can and run for your life.

edit: we killed H Galaron last night by accident after 10 pulls or so. Was kind of disappointing.
Edited by Harpoa on 12/13/2012 7:32 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
I just broke my self-imposed ban on druid healing threads. Beh.

I just hate the selfish tone I have heard from the complainers, that other classes should be nerfed, or that healing is a competition, rather than a team event. Give me a good Disc priest partner any day. I would never be able to beat them on the meters, but our raid would never die!

Double beh.
Edited by Pipikaula on 12/13/2012 8:10 AM PST
90 Human Priest
12/13/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Skootalloo

I got to raid last night! Like, on Iritha :D Got me some legs from Stone Guard (replaced i463s, woot). The guild I subbed in for to finish up H DS when my guild took a break mid-DS needs subs again.

However, the guy who got me in on their H DS work is now playing his Disc priest with them.

What I found is that now that Rapture is a) definitely *only* once every 15 sec and b) we're pre-shielding with SS, not PW:S ... 2 Discs in a 10man is not the problem it used to be.

Yeah, there are going to be fights where you don't have as great Rapture uptime as you otherwise would, but I didn't have much problem, and I went in there i465 with well under 8k mana (3-healed Stone Guard/Feng, & Spirit Kings with a Mistweaver who hadn't healed since 5.1 dropped; 2-healed Gara).

... anyway... not trying to say "Hell, *every* 10man group should be healing with 2 Disc priest, ohmigawd" just pointing out that Disc healing *has* changed considerably with Spirit Shell, and there's more room than ever before for 2.

... and wow... yeah, double Spirit Shells... roflroflrofl... "what damage?"
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]