WTH with the HiddenNerfs Blizz (Pve) really..

90 Blood Elf Warlock
where is our initial burst as a demo lock before 5.1, what are those nerfs that weren't on Patch Notes...sick of these hidden Nerfs, CW nerf not gonna effect our pve dps..whats actually u did to us.
Edited by Durantha on 12/6/2012 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I swear no one can spell these days...

You should only be using Chaos Wave in AoE fiascos in PvE, and the nerf was mentioned in Patch notes from Dec 3rd. The Demonic Fury cost also was nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
let me fix it.

the damage and cost has reduced by 33%.
like demognome said , patch note of Dec 3rd. : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3039-Valor-Points-Hotfix-Pet-Battle-Hotfix-Transmog-Changes-Blue-Posts-Weekly-Roundup

and every lock with a little of self-awareness did know that CW would get nerfed.
its just a spell soooooooo Strong.
its a spell that you can cast 2 times, with 2 GCDs, Instant cast.
it hit from 100k[normal hit] to 260k hit[crit] in pvp gear, with all trinkets and Cd's burned.
and it HIT this damage in AOE, but its 2 chaos wave soo multiply by 2.

its a 200k~520k aoe damage[if you can crit 2 times] on everyone, and only half of the "OH !@#$" skills work on him, the other half dont work or work in a bad way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
sorry i was saying i hardly use CW in pve, though u nerf it why is our dps low in pve compared to before patch 5.1,was talking about hidden nerfs to it ty for the response though
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
If you really think there are hidden nerfs, come up with something more than "I feel like my DPS is lower."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/06/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Vreivai
If you really think there are hidden nerfs, come up with something more than "I feel like my DPS is lower."
²

every patch people talk about " blizzard stealth-nerfed class X or spec Y", if they did you would see a LOT of data-mines about that.

now that Cw cost is 80? if soo ..its dps gain to cast it in single target boss fight? because even 33% less damage its a good damage and it proc 1 molten core.

ps : maybe you dps can be lower if you go meta on fights of 15s or less [and single target] because of the melee hit of meta that got removed [and buffed Doom in 25%]
Edited by Malacath on 12/6/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm a little curious on that myself. With Chaos Wave's 33% reduction to DF... it almost seems okay to throw at least "one", but something tells me more Touch of Chaos > Chaos Wave and a Touch of Chaos or something to that extent.

I'm not a Warlock expert and I'm not even 90 anyway, so I'll leave this to the big guys who crunch numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/06/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Malacath
damage its a good damage and it proc 1 molten core.

In the long run, touch of chaos is better than a chaos wave, by execution per amount of DF spent. In any other case, you're not supposed to use Chaos wave in PvE, it's always better to use HoF unless there's a group of adds that just REALLY needs to be killed in >2 seconds.
Your molten core only stacks up to 10 now so really it's not worth doing that just for the MC proc.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
yes amnaesia, but i am not talking about only the damage of only chaos wave.

let me explain, you use chaos wave [that even with the 33% damage reduction] hit far more than touch of chaos, gain 1 molten core for free , for the price of 80 fury.+80 because of the soul fire.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
1 charge of HoG will pretty much always generate an MC proc, sometimes more than one. You do not use CW in pve. You just don't. Demo lock burst is insane actually. Higher than my afflic burst. Thing is it's a bit more complex than afflic and people are derps.

what I do:
CoE, corruption, HoG, doomguard then pop all CDs including service Felguard. While in meta apply Doom then ToC spam until you lose all fury. Then you HoG and any MC procs you have(you'll have some) then pop back into meta to spend any fury while you still have the DS buff up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Is it just me or does it feel like my dps is lower? .... ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
@Malacath, i dont think CW is a part of single target boss rotation PVE,what Rahl saying is pretty much Demo rotation for most single target bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/06/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Vreivai

Pretty much this. Also, I use Chaos Wave for Heroic Feng, Wind Lord adds...um, yeah. Can anyone else think of any good situations for this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]