To all those who make this world magical

90 Orc Death Knight
I've been a WoW player since March 2005 and have seen the game evolve through each patch, expansion, and major change. There's been years where I was a committed raider, a hardcore PvPer, and a daily dungeon grinder. Other times, I found myself simply drifting over the treetops of Feralas or leaping from the (former) cliffs of Thousand Needles in pursuit of exploration and achievement. This world we all inhabit has grown with me and me with it. Today, after finishing up my daily tasks for the Tillers, I found myself gazing over the valley in wonderment. I felt such joy and awe at the fantastic world around me that I needed to express my gratitude to all those who have made this experience so magical. To the players, the developers, and all those touched by this game: Thank you!
Reply Quote
98 Troll Rogue
Lok'tar Ogar mon!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
For the Horde! (And the Alliance too, I guess... You guys are ok :P)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Needs more lok'tar ogar in here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
See, other forumers?

See this thread right here?

This
is why I still enjoy the WoW & the WoW forum community.

Positive people do exist!
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Nekril
I've been a WoW player since March 2005 and have seen the game evolve through each patch, expansion, and major change. There's been years where I was a committed raider, a hardcore PvPer, and a daily dungeon grinder. Other times, I found myself simply drifting over the treetops of Feralas or leaping from the (former) cliffs of Thousand Needles in pursuit of exploration and achievement. This world we all inhabit has grown with me and me with it. Today, after finishing up my daily tasks for the Tillers, I found myself gazing over the valley in wonderment. I felt such joy and awe at the fantastic world around me that I needed to express my gratitude to all those who have made this experience so magical. To the players, the developers, and all those touched by this game: Thank you!

Well said, Nekril.

/salute
Reply Quote
Strength and honor Nekril, I've being guilty of complaining often about changes but this game still has a certain magic and it's own beauty.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
To the players, the developers, and all those touched by this game: Thank you!

Very nicely put and I agree completely. Thanks to all. It's been great!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Without me Gamon would still be terrorizing Orgrimmar Inn ( yes I even kill him as Alliance ). Thanks for staying in the world all these years ( Even if you are Horde just don't be a Hellscream ).
Edited by Mælstromedes on 12/6/2012 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager

That was beautiful, Nekril.

Thanks for sharing your journey through the World of Warcraft with us. Here's to many more adventures!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
There is a certain majesty to this game that I've yet to find in any other. I can't explain it, but it's what keeps me coming back.

/highfive OP
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm glad to see the positivity that surrounds me in-game reflected in the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I so completely agree with the sentiments expressed above. Having gotten all the original MoP reps to exalted, I now find myself spending time working on Nat Pagles Friendship (He will be my Best Friend, I swear !) by trying to fish up the rare fish.

And yet, every time I go out looking for those elusive Flying Tiger Gourami, I find myself in a new fishing spot, in some hidden corner of lands, watching the fish swim by, listening to a nearby waterfall. I am often caught by surprise by the amazing detail and beauty of every square foot of land in Panderia.

Thank you Blizzard for providing my new Favourite Expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
With all the running around we do with this mind set of "I have to do this, then this, then this..." It sometimes good to stop and "walk" around a bit. zoom the camera into 1st person and just walk around a bit and look around.

Do this and every once in a while when you zoom the camera back out, you will see a line of players following you wondering what you are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I too applaud this post. Pretty cool to stop and think about how your character, whatever they may be, has the power to shape the world around them. Whatever part of this game you enjoy most, keep having fun doing it :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Awesome post. I myself can't think of any game i have consistently played for so long ever before besides WoW. Great to see a nice positive post on the forums every now and then.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
*grins* May Elune lighten your path.

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well said.

This game will always hold a place in my heart. In 2007, my life was turned upside down for reasons I'd rather not discuss on the forums. The only thing I had that was "solid" was knowing that when I logged in on my warlock, I had complete control of my destiny. Through the years, the new characters and the old ones replayed more and more, I learned one thing: this game is a part of me. Long after the servers shut down, I'll look fondly at my folder of screen shots, my first CE box (it was MoP, for those who care), and all my WoW items spread around my house.

From my first time wandering into Tirisfal Glades and encountering my first "hostile" mob, to my last raid kill, I will forever be grateful to every player (the good and the bad), every developer and worker for Blizzard (the good and the bad), and every pixel in the game for not only keeping me sane in 2007, but also for every minute since then that I've played.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
The OP mirrors my feeling exactly. I've been playing this game for seven years and still, on occasion, feel that spark of wonderment I got the first time I logged into this incredible world.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]