Vizier bugged out and we can't raid.

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Shaman
We wiped on Heroic Vizier and, because several raid members were mind controlled, the boss bugged out. He never went out of combat and is now permanently casting Song of the Empress, preventing us from engaging him.

We disbanded the raid completely and only half of our raid is able to zone into the reset version of Heart of Fear. The other half of the raid appears to be locked to the version with bugged Vizier for some reason.

We've tried making one of the non-bugged raid members the raid leader and having them zone in first. That didn't work. We tried having everyone log out and in. That didn't work. We tried having the bugged people use the Reset Instance feature. That didn't work.

We request that something be done to reset all of our Heart of Fear lockouts completely so that we can continue to raid tonight. Please and thank you. If you need further information, let me know here, or whisper me or our raid leader/GM "Romoredux" in-game.

Edit: We are going to attempt to hard reset the raid by not zoning into Heart of Fear for 30 minutes. We'll let you know if this does not work.
Edited by Bergg on 12/4/2012 7:45 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
Edit: We are going to attempt to hard reset the raid by not zoning into Heart of Fear for 30 minutes. We'll let you know if this does not work.

That is actually called soft reset, which is the same thing that a Game Master would recommend doing in such cases.

I'm sure you know the steps but I'll go over them for anyone else who may need it.

-Have the entire party/raid exit the instance.
(Please note that players who remain inside the instance, even those who are logged out, will prevent this workaround from functioning as it should)
-Wait at least 30 minutes while every raid member remains outside of the instance.
-Re-enter the instance only after 30 minutes have elapsed.

When you re-enter the instance after completing the soft reset, all scripted events that your raid has not yet completed should now be reset and you should be able to continue raiding where you left off.

Unfortunately, our In-Game support staff would be unable to reset your raid lockouts but a soft reset should reset the encounter so you can try again. I am sorry for what inconvenience this may cause you can your raid. Good luck.
90 Pandaren Shaman
The soft reset worked. Thanks for your time. Make them fix that bug! :)
Support Forum Agent
Make them fix that bug! :)

I will get out my most pointy stick and do just that. :D

Seriously though, I believe they are looking into such reports. I'm not sure if they need more information or not but posting in the Bug Report forum wouldn't hurt.

Good luck!
90 Pandaren Shaman
Edit: NEVERMIND, it suddenly let him in to our version.

Bumping this. One of our members--just one!--is still locked to the bugged version of Vizier somehow. It's been 20+ hours. What's the deal?
Edited by Bergg on 12/5/2012 4:55 PM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
Bump again. It bugged again.
43 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Bergg
Bump again. It bugged again.

No one on the forums can do anything to assist you with this. Did you try another soft reset and make sure that member is not logging out inside the instance? The most you can do is put in a ticket and wait. Oh you can also make a post on the bug report forums like previously suggested. That will not fix your current issue tho.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Aaaaand half of our raid is locked to bugged Vizier and the other half is not locked. Again.
Support Forum Agent
Edit: NEVERMIND, it suddenly let him in to our version.

Bumping this. One of our members--just one!--is still locked to the bugged version of Vizier somehow. It's been 20+ hours. What's the deal?

I'm afraid there isn't much I can do, Bergg, beyond recommending the same soft reset that you did before.

If the encounter is experiencing a bug it needs to be addressed by our Quality Assurance and Development team in a patch or if possible, a hot fix. That won't be able to be created until the issue can be fully investigated, the cause of the issue determined and a resolution developed.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with this encounter. :(
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/05/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Vrakthris
I'm afraid there isn't much I can do, Bergg, beyond recommending the same soft reset that you did before.

Sorry to be such a bother, but are you sure? Can you not specifically bring up this issue to the QA team, or to someone important? It's preventing us from raiding--we're forced to sit around for 30 minutes every time it bugs, and this is the second time it's happened in less than 24 hours--and it's not a new issue:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200082324
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320822317

I know you can't wave your hand and get it fixed today, I'm just asking for more attention to be drawn to it. It's under-reported because most people aren't fighting this boss, not because it's an uncommon issue.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Happened a third time just now.
90 Pandaren Shaman
4 times last night. I'll let you know if it happens again today.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If you think you found a bug, You need to make a post in the Bug reports forum http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/ or use the in-game bug reporting tool.
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/06/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Ravenhawke
If you think you found a bug, You need to make a post in the Bug reports forum http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/ or use the in-game bug reporting tool.

I've done both and more. I will be hounding all avenues until the bug is fixed. The end.

Here is a copy/paste of a message I sent Blizzard's way. Maybe this will help:

Okay, Vizier bugged and did Song of the Empress permanently. We disbanded the raid, Romo reformed it as leader, and everyone in the raid could get into the reset Heart of Fear just fine--EXCEPT me and Cyrise, who were not mind control targets during the bug. Me and Cyrise could enter the raid with Romo as lead, but we would enter a "weird" version of the raid where trash would be up, but trash would disappear 3~ secs after we zoned in, and then we'd get teleported to the nearest graveyard. Note that the loading screen of this particular instance had the "double loading bar" thing.

THEN, me and Cyrise dropped group, waited for 40+ minutes for the soft reset, and then we reformed our own raid group just to test. When we entered Heart of Fear at that point, we entered the version of the instance with Bugged Vizier still up, so we died instantly upon entering.

After that we logged out for like an hour, Romo invited us to the raid, and we could zone in without issue.

And the weird thing is that, yesterday, some people WERE unlocked from the bugged raid after 30 minutes, while some people were NOT. It's as if it takes longer for the soft reset to occur for some people. And I promise that they weren't zoning in early or anything like that; they were outside the whole time.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You can continue to post here (unless they lock it at some point), just know that there isn't anything that anyone here can do about it. You're better off updating a thread on the Bug Report Forum so QA sees it, since no one who can do anything about the bug is seeing your information here.
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/06/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Scrinshee
You're better off updating a thread on the Bug Report Forum so QA sees it,

I did just that. Thank you for the help.
90 Pandaren Priest
thank you blizzard for testing your raid content pre-release. fix this.
90 Orc Shaman
stop fixing pet battle bugs and fix real content
43 Pandaren Monk
12/11/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Fib
stop fixing pet battle bugs and fix real content

Do you realize that no development, QA or community managers read this forum?

Constructive feedback needs to go in the proper forum. No feedback goes in the CS forum.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Working as intended:
http://www.twitch.tv/tsurk/c/1772061
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]