will blizz continue in ignore dk's in 5.2?

90 Orc Death Knight
I'm leveling this guy as a PVE tank but I'd like to touch PVP once in a while and this thread worries me.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Yes they will, unfortunately.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

yep were fine amidst the chaos of 9 other people till the other team decides to focus you and you realize unlike every other class in the game you have no decent self peel ability and defensive cds on huge cds, and every other class in the game can do what you do in terms of damage as well as bring some sort of utility to the group. yeah were fine never mind that the class is inherently broken in arenas

Work with what you have, I don't seem to be having that big of an issue in all honesty. You should be able to survive 9 other people, like really? Go blood if you want to do that.

Also, your talents and glyphs are kind of messed up, I don't know if that's how you PvP Or what but that's probably a big issue right there.

im not saying we should be able to tank 9 people that would be retarded. what im saying when i say "the chaos of 9 other people" is that you have 9 other teammates that are able to cover for the abilities that you cant provide for yourself. almost every single class in the game has some way to self peel or mitigate damage to the point where its pointless for people to keep focusing you. other classes bring equal if not better damage than we do with utilitys like crowd control or offhealing. dks only bring damage and serve as healing sponges.

our problems only get worse in arena matches where we are the train target of choice in almost any match because everyone knows how absolutley terrible our cds are at actually keeping us alive

my glyph and talent choices change as i switch between pvp and pve specs constantly.

also none of our glyphs are major survival buffs that make or break our class. glyph of ams is a + but does nothing for the inherent problems that not only i but anyone with half a brain notices dks have. are you saying regular gladiator tier players claiming we have serious issues right now are wrong? because most people are going to take someone who plays the spec to its maximum capabilites opinion over someone like you who has no ranking in any bracket people care about.
Edited by Kusari on 12/6/2012 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Please stop commenting in this thread Actinide, if Blizz listen to people like you this game will never get fixed. Dks are one of, if not, the worst class at the moment, with both DPS specs hardly being represented in arena, due to the fact that we are one of the easiest train targets going. Not sure about anyone else, but sitting in blood presence for the entirety of an arena match isn't exactly exhilarating. Even if they decide NOT to train the DK, we are pretty much useless in peeling off a healer due to our pathetic lack off CC, unless you count remorseless winter...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have noticed that the rune-generation has been a bit low, And Dk's survivability is horrible hopefully blizzard fixes that up. And if dk's dont get targeted we can output alot of DPS. Just the main issue with Dk's is the survability.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/05/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Knîghtmåre
blizz are you just going to continue to ignore dk's survivability in 5.2?

Ask yourself this question first, are DKs Mages? If it isn't a Mage, it will be nerfed and stay that way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

This is in the "Welcome Death Knights: Please Read!" thread. If you really want these problems to be addressed, please do not mention those in the thread (especially the title).
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
after reading the patch notes i have to admit, i think dks kinda got buffed. Now that warrior's are useless, and rogues of course are the scare in arena's/rbgs, but i think that dks got it pretty nice now. i am kinda new and i only have a 1800 rating but after reading the patch notes, like plague and howling blast doing like 8% more dps, how is that nerf lol.... im a frost dk and i tried unholy and i just didnt like it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
03/05/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Keylan
after reading the patch notes i have to admit, i think dks kinda got buffed. Now that warrior's are useless, and rogues of course are the scare in arena's/rbgs, but i think that dks got it pretty nice now. i am kinda new and i only have a 1800 rating but after reading the patch notes, like plague and howling blast doing like 8% more dps, how is that nerf lol.... im a frost dk and i tried unholy and i just didnt like it.

Die in a fire with added fire for necro'n a thread from early December...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/05/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Ritterdestod
They broke DKs so badly that I'm rerolling a mage, A MAGE FOR GOD SAKE

My GOD man! That's just wrong!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
PvE Aside:

I used to play a Protection Warrior for 8 years. And then with MoP, the entire play style of the class was changed. Rage is no longer as chaotic as it used to be... It's practically energy that doesn't naturally regen. Mitigation isn't active, it's reactive as hell.

As a Death Knight tank:

I hope Blizzard continues to ignore Blood DKs for PvE.
Edited by Raztrent on 3/5/2013 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
PvP will never be how it should be until blizzard decides to make every ability act differently in PvP and PvE.

PvP power was a bandaid fix for this expansion, you can't have perfect PvP balance across the board without gimping PvE and vice versa
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Blood presence and conversion and lol at people hitting you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]