[BUG] Emperor Vek'lor Unlootable Damage

90 Blood Elf Rogue
As a melee class soloing AQ40, I exclusively attacked Vek'nilash in the Twin Emperors encounter.

However, I unleashed one G91 Landshark on Vek'lor to tag him with magic damage. This did ~38k to him (saw the number float up).

However, at the end of the fight, only Vek'nilash was "sparkling", and the resultant loot had NOTHING from Vek'lor's table (Subtlety enchant, for example, and certainly not the pet).

Also, Vek'nilash's body despawned quickly but Vek'lor's corpse hang about for 30 mins or more. This is a giveaway that there was loot on it. But I couldn't loot it.

What I suspect is that the landshark's damage isn't attributed to the person using it, or something stupid like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
One week later...

I tried using Shadow Blades on Vek'lor, since that deals shadow damage instead of physical.

Vek'lor's health bar showed 150k below full after this, so I'd DEFINITELY damaged him.

Proceeded to smash Vek'nilash and killed him.

NO LOOT FROM Vek'lor. Repeat, NO LOOT from Vek'lor.

Corpse of Vek'lor stayed on the ground for 30 mins, unlootable.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I have experienced the same problem. Starting the fight on Vek'lor, pop shadow blades, do a fair amount of damage to him, switch to Vek'nilash, kill them. Only receive Vek'nilash loot. 3 weeks in a row now. I wouldn't care if you put the pet on both loot tables, but this is ridiculous.
Edited by Sheckles on 12/17/2012 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
17 Tauren Paladin
Killed this by burning the melee boss as a paladin. Vek'lor's body isn't even here. It isn't in the corner with the other body. Nothing on /target Vek'lor. No loot from Vek'lor. No chance at the pet? Found this thread in a Google search.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I had to deal significant damage to Vek'lor in order to loot him. I DPS'd both down to about 20% each and was able to loot both after finally focusing on killing Vek'nilash.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Last time I did it, I was able to loot both just with a simple (~200 damage) moonfire on the caster as they were nearing death.

I've heard that their teleport will reset tags in addition to threat, so try throwing a shot at the other emperor every time they teleport.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I do not understand how anyone is managing to solo this raid. At level 90 I went in with my rogue and pushed myself into a corner like you are supposed to but for some reason the boss that was supposed to be susceptible to melee attacks was still immune to 50% of my attacks. I know there is no way that my dps is so low that I can't deal enough to balance the healing from the second boss. Am I missing something obvious or what?
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warlock
the one that is immune to magical is susceptible to physical
the one that is immune to physical is immune to magic

your poisons are what is probably causing you to see immunities

you could always bring a friend if it's too difficult for you to solo
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'm level 90 there is no reason that it should be giving me this much trouble though that's what is beginning to irritate me. I attack the one that isn't immune to physical damage but it seems like the healing rate is higher than normal or something there isn't any reason my dps should be this bad in this fight I have been running through every other boss in here.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warlock
it's due to the immunities, like you said. you're a rogue, your damage isn't entirely physical. yes, this is going to cause your DPS to be lower than normal

are you using wounding poison? does that even still exist?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah I use wounding and leeching poison. But I've sat and watched level 85 rogues solo this so I cannot figure out why my dps is completely shot in this specific fight but it's getting old.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]