Frost bomb

85 Undead Warlock
Shouldn't it have been looked at/nerfed as Chaos Wave was?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Mages dominate every kind of pvp more than any other dps, a 30s execute when no dispels.

Yeah that's why mages are always overrepresented every season right?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/05/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Konnery
Yeah that's why mages are always overrepresented every season right?

WE ARE PEE VEE PEE GAWDS!

I routinely queue up solo in 3v3 arenas and lay waste to all opponents.

./flex
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
[quote]Yeah that's why mages are always overrepresented every season right?

Overpowered doesn't always translate to increased arena representation. Rets used similar arguments in Wrath when they received their nerfs.

It didn't work for them it won't for you. Sowi :(
Edited by Sariph on 12/5/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
More people get globaled by mages way more often than warriors, warlocks.

More people complain about mage ridiculous burst in pvp than any other class combined.

Mages are god mode when there are no dispels available, terrible terrible design for a class.

Mages dominate every kind of pvp more than any other dps, a 30s execute when no dispels

And yet they are the exception to every rule.

And GC claims their team has no mages bias, he is insulting every non mage player intelligence.

This.

12/05/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Sariph
[quote]Yeah that's why mages are always overrepresented every season right?

Overpowered doesn't always translate to increased arena representation. Rets used similar arguments in Wrath when they received their nerfs.

It didn't work for them it won't for you. Sowi :(

And this.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Looking it at a PVE POV, Frost bomb doesn't need a nerf. Very few mages use frost bomb. Mainly because we get more ticks from stacking haste with nether/living, but still. It puts out more dps but the dots put out more overall dps. Now there may be a problem in pvp, but i don't do it to speak about it. Hope that helps!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If very few mages are using Frost Bomb in PVE then it won't hurt PVE performance drastically if they nerf it for PVP reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/05/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Tonìc
If very few mages are using Frost Bomb in PVE then it won't hurt PVE performance drastically if they nerf it for PVP reasons.

The very few mages still using it shouldn't be punished because of that. I think you need to fix your idea a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/05/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Paihn
More people get globaled by mages way more often than warriors, warlocks.

Can you stop using the term 'globaled' if you don't really mean it? It isn't possible for a Mage to global a geared player in arena. Frost Bomb, with incanter's ward and trinket popped, against a frozen target while mastery stacked, crits a fully geared player for about 160k at the very highest I've ever seen (totally unattainable in my gear - you need full mal + upgraded t2). On average it's more like 110k

Our burst within DF is way, way too high. We can force way too many cooldowns with way too few of ours. It's too hard to stop, it's too hard to predict, and Mages are too effective because of it. But we don't global people, we don't do more damage in a global than Warriors. The hyperbole doesn't help your case.
Edited by Affx on 12/5/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Many pve frost mages prefer frost bomb because of the consistency it provides for brain freeze. As more frost mages get into pve after the fire nerf, you'll be seeing frost bomb more frequently as well.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/05/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Lhivera
Many pve frost mages prefer frost bomb because of the consistency it provides for brain freeze. As more frost mages get into pve after the fire nerf, you'll be seeing frost bomb more frequently as well.

I think the trinket Light of the Cosmos is why most of us are using it. I would love to use FB but i'm forced to nether tempest. It's not all bad, though! With haste stacked i get a few ticks free from haste
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Yeah — when that trinket is outclassed, that'll also help diversify the bombs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/05/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Lhivera
Yeah — when that trinket is outclassed, that'll also help diversify the bombs.

Have you tested the different damage outputs from them? For me FB gives more DPS but NT gives more overall damage
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Would making it do half the damage initially and half at the end fix it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

The very few mages still using it shouldn't be punished because of that. I think you need to fix your idea a little bit.

except the entire pvp community is being punished because of the very few mages using it in pve. do you see what i just did there?

and frost has been the main pvp spec for how many seasons/expansions? but lets make it raid viable so the 3 raiding frostmages are happy. who cares about the affects it has on pvp!

i think you are the one who needs to fix your ideas.
Edited by Crimestopper on 12/5/2012 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/05/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Crimestopper

except the entire pvp community is being punished because of the very few mages using it in pve. do you see what i just did there?

and frost has been the main pvp spec for how many seasons/expansions? but lets make it raid viable so the 3 raiding frostmages are happy. who cares about the affects it has on pvp!

Now i see why GC stays away from you guys. You're senseless. You think only pvp players have wanted to play frost in pve? I've been wanting to for ages and i've been arcane since wrath. You don't know why frost is the main pvp spec? Because it's based around slowing your enemy and freezing them to the group to get away. Sorry you're too stupid to understand the spec you play
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Cutting deep freeze down should reduce damage by making it so there is one less frostbolt/ice lance. I'm not even playing this toon as a main but I haven't had many problems with mages lately. I'll agree that the damage is bursty, but they have very little damage outside of that. Frost bomb doesn't hit hard outside of a freeze, so I'm just curious as to when you are experiencing mage troubles? Before 5.1 or now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Well, 5.1 did reduce the amount of time mages have to burst, which is good. Frost bomb burst is very high, but it is a different ability than chaos wave. Saying that one ability got nerfed, so another should as well, isn't a good way to go about it. In this instance, chaos wave is an aoe ability, whereas frost bomb (At least, the real damage portion of it) is not.

I do agree mage burst is overkill, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Now i see why GC stays away from you guys. You're senseless. You think only pvp players have wanted to play frost in pve? I've been wanting to for ages and i've been arcane since wrath. You don't know why frost is the main pvp spec? Because it's based around slowing your enemy and freezing them to the group to get away. Sorry you're too stupid to understand the spec you play

sorry you're too stupid to understand sarcasm.

and no i'm pretty sure pvp mages NEVER wanted frost to be involved in pve because it makes everything broken for pvp. you need help
Edited by Crimestopper on 12/6/2012 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]