sadkitty

90 Worgen Druid
so, i hit 90 about a week after release (i CANNOT grind quests and the dungeons didnt lvl me that fast) and tried, depserately, but ultimately failed, to enjoy my kitty spec, and ended up so depressed with the overall druid changes, that i quit.....until landfall came out and my friends and i decided to play on a pvp server for lawls (not this toon) i made a monk (ive always enjoyed monks in other games), a rogue, and xfered my pally, made a dk, and was ready to go

in case it wasnt obvious, i enjoy melee more than ranged, but on my druid ive always enjoyed everything, i loved that with a quick spec swap i could fill a hole in our raid, and i made sure to keep up my gear sets (4-7 of them!!:O ) and practiced my rotations and played with ideas to make sure i could always do my absolute best for my raid groups

ive been doing this since i started playing, back when kara had JUST come out

ive enjoyed doing this since i started playing

so i thought foolishly it seems, that it was just the aweful grind to 90 that had me in a negative mood when i quit, and that maybe now that things have settled i could go back on my druid and have fun again

its not fun anymore to try and be a bouncy bear...

maybe im doing it wrong but trying to be a kitty with some heals (DoC) made kitty too complex and even without doc i feel like im working as hard for less damage as a monk or rogue so no more pouncy kitty...

im at the moment, respeccing my secondary to balance, and will see if i can enjoy tree/kin, but my hopes arent high..

blizzard, ive been playing for a long time, i always enjoy making alts to see how those classes play, but ive ALWAYS been a druid, this character has been my main as long as ive played, shes moved with me from faction to faction, server to server, yet now im leaving her behind, and trying not to log onto her,

because i dont wanna be a sad kitty, i wanna be that fun bouncy spec hopping airheaded fun loving easygoing pewpewing superhealing facetanking lolcatwolfbearchickentree thingy again

and im afraid i wont get to be, please, i loved that you gave us a cat tree AND a bear tree, but thats the extent of my love for druid changes...please, make me a happy kitty again, relearning my druid every xpac im used to, but this feels broken boring, and sad
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Im in the same boat for the most part. Been playing a feral for 6 years, its my main and I played it near exclusively. I had been hearing talk of making druids 4 specs for a couple years. Always thought it was a terrible idea and it would weaken druids to the point I wouldnt enjoy it. Im a purely pvp player and after the changes I went straight into the fray. Nothing worked and I do mean nothing. It had always required the use of both forms to beat other combat classes and without both forms exactly what I feared became reality. I have leveled 2 classes since and not happy with either. I miss the fun I had but can no long have. Every class has always been 3 specs and I just dont understand how its become acceptable to single druids out for a 50% nerf. Yes, 50% cut a combat druid in half and that what you have. 50% bear 50% cat = 100%.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
First of all, ignore this guy:

12/06/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Roxzul
Im in the same boat for the most part. Been playing a feral for 6 years, its my main and I played it near exclusively. I had been hearing talk of making druids 4 specs for a couple years. Always thought it was a terrible idea and it would weaken druids to the point I wouldnt enjoy it. Im a purely pvp player and after the changes I went straight into the fray. Nothing worked and I do mean nothing. It had always required the use of both forms to beat other combat classes and without both forms exactly what I feared became reality. I have leveled 2 classes since and not happy with either. I miss the fun I had but can no long have. Every class has always been 3 specs and I just dont understand how its become acceptable to single druids out for a 50% nerf. Yes, 50% cut a combat druid in half and that what you have. 50% bear 50% cat = 100%.

He has no clue what he's saying.

Now, I can see that you're not having as much fun as you want to as a Kitty. I love being Feral, it's just so much fun. But therein lies the problem. I'm having fun, but you're not. The first thing I was to get out there is your gear. Now, I'm not knocking it in a sense that you're horrible at obtaining pieces or anything along those lines, but I do have to point out that you're in a lower gear threshold for your level. Once you obtain better gear it'll be more smooth. I can see that you don't have a Feral spec anymore, but I suspect that your Feral set wasn't that stellar either.

tl;dr Stick with it for a little longer next time, it'll be worth it in the end
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Quite sure that I know what Im saying and you can try to challenge the math. 3 specs take 1 spec split it in half you now have 4 specs. 2 of these specs are basically the same while the other 2 are now split. If you now take those 2 and recombine them you have 3 specs again and that 1 new spec is basically twice what it was. Is this really confusing?

Listen to yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Quite sure that I know what Im saying and you can try to challenge the math. 3 specs take 1 spec split it in half you now have 4 specs. 2 of these specs are basically the same while the other 2 are now split. If you now take those 2 and recombine them you have 3 specs again and that 1 new spec is basically twice what it was. Is this really confusing?

Listen to yourself.

A Guardian isn't 50% of a tank. Sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Listen to yourself.

A Guardian isn't 50% of a tank. Sorry.

My point exactly.
Reply Quote
Maybe it's because I started playing in 4.3, but I love the changes to Feral.

(Except for my damn bear form, but I can live without it.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Maybe it's because I started playing in 4.3, but I love the changes to Feral.

(Except for my damn bear form, but I can live without it.)

Yep, the ability to be primarily a Cat but be able to go Bear and tank a ton of adds easily is the only thing I miss.

But like you said, it's fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I feel that feral druid's dps output is mediocre for how complicated our rotation is. I would say that feral's rotation IS the most complicated rotation out there as well as the most punishing when it comes to making mistakes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Roxzul

B-b-b-b-but I'm not half a bear D: I have a stellar round butt and fluffy cuddly fur.
I'm not half a kitty either D: But I do miss the stampede talent the most.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Well, since you are so sure you might want to check what it was like pre MoP. Im completely sure all those cat abilities arent part of your new half spec. It amazes me someone would try to argue this.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Thats correct as I ve been saying druids are half what they were.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
It am at a complete loss as to how anyone is OK with the loss of bear form except maybe these people dont pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]