Replacing on board sound.

90 Orc Warrior
I recently bought an AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX mobo. Although it uses Realtek HD onboard sound like my 6 year old mobo, the AsRock sound sucks. I don't want to sink a ton of money into a sound card. I just want to have bass response back. I've read the Sound Blaster cards really suck nowadays. So what brands are good to look at?
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Paladin
Uninstall whatever sound manager application that came with the motherboard. Only install the Realtek driver from Realtek ewbsite.

You can then use the Realtek audio control panel to change bass response.

Do not bother with a sound card TBH
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Kalganized
Do not bother with a sound card TBH

Hear hear. Unless your onboard sound is really shoddy, I'd keep with it. This is a cheap hunk-o-junk, but, having owned it, it sounds identical to my Gigabyte onboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102003
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
If absolutely nothing works (and uninstalling sound manager garbage should work) HT Omega is the sound card company I'd go with. They're expensive though.

Honestly there's probably a setting somewhere affecting your bass. I have the same Realtek sound device on my Intel board and I'm perfectly happy with it. My 2.1 speakers sound great and now I'm using the Razer Tiamat 7.1 and it has good bass too. Good for a headset anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]